Lifestyle Any EV owners on here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Ok folks, the day has arrived. My Mach-e is FINALLY in and I’m going to pick it up this afternoon. I have a bunch of 9-volt batteries and aluminum foil in case I run out of juice on the way home. That’s how it works, right? Wish me luck.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Ok folks, the day has arrived. My Mach-e is FINALLY in and I’m going to pick it up this afternoon. I have a bunch of 9-volt batteries and aluminum foil in case I run out of juice on the way home. That’s how it works, right? Wish me luck.
Wait. Is this an April fool’s joke… you should make sure they’re not fucking with you.

I’m ignoring your clear joke

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What type of charging is available at home? How long to charge.

Last edited:

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
What type of charging is available at home? How long to charge.
My company paid for a charger to be installed in my garage. That is a huge plus! Not sure how it works yet but I’ve read it will go from 10% battery to 80% in 45 minutes.

M

member 3289

Here are the results:
  • The all-electric Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus rear-wheel drive was by far the cheapest vehicle to run, with an annual fuel (or electricity) cost of $281 a year, or $5.40 a week.

• A plug-in hybrid, Honda Clarity, was second-cheapest, with an annual electricity cost of $363 or $6.99 a week. Because this plug-in hybrid can run on electricity for 47 miles before switching to gas-engine mode, no gasoline was consumed in our example.

• A traditional hybrid, Toyota Avalon XLE Hybrid, cost considerably more to drive. The Avalon used 4.7 gallons of gas, or $20 worth, each week, increasing the annual fuel cost to $1,041 for 242 gallons. Still, the electric motor helped the Avalon achieve a stellar 43 mpg.

• Finally, the gas-only Lexus ES 250 consumed eight gallons a week, or $34.4 worth. Over a year, that’s 416 gallons at an annual cost of $1,791. Fuel efficiency fell to 25 mpg, still better than many of the cars, trucks and vans on the roads today.

https://archive.ph/Snu6s (use this link to avoid paywall or geo restrictions)

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
My company paid for a charger to be installed in my garage. That is a huge plus! Not sure how it works yet but I’ve read it will go from 10% battery to 80% in 45 minutes.
I'll be in Albany at some point over the summer, so I will have to come eyeball your fake Mustang.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I have a solar Patriot battery back in my Ram.
Baby steps.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
I'll be in Albany at some point over the summer, so I will have to come eyeball your fake Mustang.
Hell yeah!

If you neglect to let me know when you will be here we are no longer friends and your brother has to give me a free tattoo.