Any ex military here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
USMC 09/04-09/08 Musical ranks but Cpl howitzer section chief 0811

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Navy 8 years. Gas Turbine Technician (Electrical). Worked 2 years in the fleet, the rest spent on LCAC's. It opened many potential civilian job opportunities. When I got out I used the electrical and troubleshooting experience to become an electrician and then eventually a PLC/controls/automation tech. GS's easily make more than $60,000 in the civilian world. If you look at a gas turbine power plant producing electricity, the people working on it were likely GS's. Theres really no civilian equivalent schooling for those types of jobs.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Navy 8 years. Gas Turbine Technician (Electrical). Worked 2 years in the fleet, the rest spent on LCAC's. It opened many potential civilian job opportunities. When I got out I used the electrical and troubleshooting experience to become an electrician and then eventually a PLC/controls/automation tech. GS's easily make more than $60,000 in the civilian world. If you look at a gas turbine power plant producing electricity, the people working on it were likely GS's. Theres really no civilian equivalent schooling for those types of jobs.
LCAC's are cool as fuck.

Funny LCAC story. So we were offloading into Kuwait from the BHR in 07. My buddy and I caught a ride off ship and had to double up in a hummer w 2 chucks for extra seating. One chick (fucking disgusting) gets out right before they turn the props on and apparently has to shit. So what does she do..... Grabs a bucket, puts a garbage bag in the bucket and ships. She tries putting the bag in the truck of the hummer but we tell her to get that nasty shit out of here. So she leaves in on the deck of the LCAC. Those fucking fans fired up, the bag gets sucked in and an explosion of shit happens as it hits the fans and is blown back. We fucking died laughing, she couldn't look us in the eyes.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
LCAC's are cool as fuck.

Funny LCAC story. So we were offloading into Kuwait from the BHR in 07. My buddy and I caught a ride off ship and had to double up in a hummer w 2 chucks for extra seating. One chick (fucking disgusting) gets out right before they turn the props on and apparently has to shit. So what does she do..... Grabs a bucket, puts a garbage bag in the bucket and ships. She tries putting the bag in the truck of the hummer but we tell her to get that nasty shit out of here. So she leaves in on the deck of the LCAC. Those fucking fans fired up, the bag gets sucked in and an explosion of shit happens as it hits the fans and is blown back. We fucking died laughing, she couldn't look us in the eyes.

Lol. Thats pretty funny. Its amazing how much shit goes through those props. The BHR lol? Oh man, spent 10 months of my life on that mother fucker right there. That was 01-02 i think. Did a few more deployments after that and got out in 05.

vermonter

May 15, 2015
HENDOprolapsedMYrearENDo said:
LCAC's are cool as fuck.

Sounds like the shit really hit the fan.