Sports Any of you dorks into running?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Oct 24, 2015

I run. Smoke a fat blunt and go for a good 3 to 5 mile run. My girls follow on their bikes. Good exercise and gets my young ones off the internet and or tv. Have a route we take. It’s a drive through zoo. If we go at 8 am we see the Lion out as well as the elephant and rhino during our run.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
true

but lots of wood slivers and metal shavings and other random shit are out there...I have pulled so many things from my feet from going totally barefoot(I still do it though)

the thin rubber keeps my feet protected

I have very calloused feet but I don't enjoy pulling tiny things out that are imbedded in my feet, it gets real old
Gotcha, however you can harden up more.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I have never experienced the runners high. Not even close. Then again, I have never ran more than a few miles at a time. When I ran every day, I hated it every day. The first 3-5 minutes were almost unbearable. I would get bored, knees hurt, etc. Call me a pussy if you want. Once I made it through that first wall it became tolerable. I always felt great afterwards, but I don't ever remember feeling any type of euphoria while doing it.

Shoes didn't make a difference for me. I tried all types. I just made sure I had a good set of inserts and it cut out the shin splints. I have heard people swear by the toe shoes, but it always seemed with my joints that would be asking for more pain.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
That's why I make weight and you can never take me into the Championship rounds.

You always gas out in 3 minutes just like you did on your wedding night.
“Somebody’s upset”

Sorry splinter........

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I start every day at 5am running a 5k then biking 15 miles, I started that about 5 years ago.

Drinking and being an alcoholic brought me no happiness, there was no substance or meaning behind the drunken debauchery -- there was always an empty void.

So I took up running and my health improved - my mind went from negative to positive, taking long runs brought a feeling of accomplishment -- made me feel good -- made me a better overall person.

Running is good ...

Jim Coburn had the greatest Bruce Lee story ever that I read years ago but carry with me everyday.

"Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-two minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a-half minutes per mile].

So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.”

I said, “Bruce, I can’t go five. I’m a helluva lot older than you are, and I can’t do five.”

He said, “When we get to three, we’ll shift gears and it’s only two more and you’ll do it.”

I said “Okay, hell, I’ll go for it.”

So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I’m okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out.

I’m tired, my heart’s pounding, I can’t go any more and so I say to him,

“Bruce if I run any more,” — and we’re still running — “if I run any more I’m liable to have a heart attack and die.”

He said, “Then die.”

It made me so mad that I went the full five miles.

Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, “Why did you say that?”

He said, “Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I start every day at 5am running a 5k then biking 15 miles, I started that about 5 years ago.

Drinking and being an alcoholic brought me no happiness, there was no substance or meaning behind the drunken debauchery -- there was always an empty void.

So I took up running and my health improved - my mind went from negative to positive, taking long runs brought a feeling of accomplishment -- made me feel good -- made me a better overall person.

Running is good ...

Jim Coburn had the greatest Bruce Lee story ever that I read years ago but carry with me everyday.

"Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-two minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a-half minutes per mile].

So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.”

I said, “Bruce, I can’t go five. I’m a helluva lot older than you are, and I can’t do five.”

He said, “When we get to three, we’ll shift gears and it’s only two more and you’ll do it.”

I said “Okay, hell, I’ll go for it.”

So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I’m okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out.

I’m tired, my heart’s pounding, I can’t go any more and so I say to him,

“Bruce if I run any more,” — and we’re still running — “if I run any more I’m liable to have a heart attack and die.”

He said, “Then die.”

It made me so mad that I went the full five miles.

Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, “Why did you say that?”

He said, “Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

Fuck...that is a great story...both yours and Coburn's

I am gonna share that with people in my life that limit themselves

great post bro