Any OOTP baseball players here? Perfect Team?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
I finally broke & tried OOTP Perfect Team last week & found it to be WAY more fucking awesome than I thought it would be. IMHO, easily the best way to pass the time without both baseball & fantasy BB.

Any other players here?

Easy to join online leagues start every Monday & run through Saturday. games simmed every 30 mins. Playoffs on Sunday. No money needed to build your team & play.

This new game is much more engaging than fantasy baseball is to me & OOTP itself has always been TITS. the card collecting & missions really take me back & is a great addition.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
a little bit about the game, down for a TMMAC league?

We are proud to announce that Out of the Park Baseball 21 will be available worldwide on March 20, 2020. The 21st version of the award-winning sports strategy franchise delivers the most new features and improvements in series history. It features unprecedented depth and customization, brand-new guided experiences for newcomers and veterans, unmatched authenticity licensed by MLB and the MLBPA, and a bounty of offline and online experiences found nowhere else.

Simply put, OOTP 21 is the best game we have ever made. From long-requested features such as the all-new 3D Ballpark Construction Kit to a completely overhauled scouting system, a unique and fully customizable Game Flow that guides you every step of the way to the biggest set of user experience improvements ever, plus a completely refreshed Perfect Team mode, OOTP 21 has more than something for every kind of player! We have never been prouder of anything we have ever shipped. It is the Infinite Baseball Sandbox!

Review: Out Of The Park Baseball 21 is a whole lot of baseball

If you’re missing baseball this spring and you’d like to know what would be happening right now if they were actually playing, Out Of The Park Baseball 21 (OOTP) is the place you want to go. If you’ve always thought you could out-manage Joe Maddon or David Ross, OOTP Baseball 21 is the place to go. If you’ve ever wanted to be Theo Epstein and run and entire baseball organization, complete down to managing the minor leagues and running the draft, OOTP Baseball 21 is where you’ll start. Or if you just want to goof around and make an All-Star Team of your favorite all-time players, that works on OOTP Baseball 21 too.

If you don’t know what OOTP Baseball is, it is a realistic computer simulation of running a baseball team. (Maybe a bit too realistic for some, but more on that later.) It’s a descendant of the tabletop baseball games I played as a kid like Strat-O-Matic or Pursue the Pennant, but the difference between those two is like the difference between a book and a supercomputer.

OOTP Baseball is what places like fivethirtyeight.com use when they want to do a Monte Carlo simulation to try to determine things like playoff odds. I’m sure some front offices make managerial candidates play a couple of games to see how they’d handle things. (Although they may have their own versions as well.) This is both a game that you can play around with as well as a serious tool.

* Curt Schilling: “OOTP is a modern day version of APBA, but better. Honestly, there is no comparison to any sports sim I’ve ever played, in any format.”

* Boston Red Sox Principal Owner John Henry: ‘OOTP is an Astonishing Accomplishment’

* SABR Member Chuck Hildebrandt: 'Knocked Out' By OOTP's Depth

* Ex-Major League Pitcher Bryan Rekar 'Blown Away' By OOTP

* Oakland A's Pitcher Pat Neshek: "This Game Has it All"

* Minor Leaguer Zach Jadofsky: "OOTP is Deep".