Any Other Musicans Out There?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Hey guys as the band I've been in for the past 6 years is on hiatus now that half our band has moved to Nashville, I've been a bit nostalgic as of late. Anybody else on here ever put any music out. I figured we could have a thread to share and relive our glory days.

The Last Band I was in is a blend between Foo Fighters and Taking Back Sunday. We put out a few ep's and music videos. With a new EP we just tracked a few months ago we are still waiting to put out.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
The band I was in previous to that was called Praxia. We only put out one 5 song ep. It's a bit heavier then Red Letter Statement. We were a fairly good mix of Thrice, Coheed and Cambria, and Silverstein.

Last edited:

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Pretty good stuff. Praxia is more along the lines of the music I typically listen to; but the red letter statement stuff was good too, particularly the rain.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Will listen when I get a chance. Been playing guitar a long time, never professionally recorded anything though.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Pretty good stuff. Praxia is more along the lines of the music I typically listen to; but the red letter statement stuff was good too, particularly the rain.
Thanks for listening man. I look forward to what other members on here have been a part of.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Will listen when I get a chance. Been playing guitar a long time, never professionally recorded anything though.
Awesome. I've been playing quite a while now and would consider myself serviceable. I've definitely been lucky enough though to be able to be in a few bands that were able to get some decent recordings done.

Small bit of touring experience and having the opportunities to open for some of the bigger bands i grew up listening to are for sure memories I'll always hold on too.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
that's very cool.

I like heavier stuff but I respect and appreciate that you were able to do that. I've been playing and recording some homemade stuff with my co-worker and that made me realize how hard it is to put together some music and make it sound somewhat decent. my partner turned out to be a psycho though and we haven't got in touch since he switched jobs.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
that's very cool.

I like heavier stuff but I respect and appreciate that you were able to do that. I've been playing and recording some homemade stuff with my co-worker and that made me realize how hard it is to put together some music and make it sound somewhat decent. my partner turned out to be a psycho though and we haven't got in touch since he switched jobs.
Yea recording with good people makes a world of difference. I'm currently working on a song I'm writing with my wife for my daughters first birthday. It's self produced in my little home studio rig. It's decent enough but not what I'd get professionally

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Nobody else out there been in bands??????
Yes a long long time ago back in Amsterdam, nothing serious though. It was the grunge days, everybody was in a band. Musical talent wasn't required back then, sorta like the punk movement snuck some bastards in.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Yes a long long time ago back in Amsterdam, nothing serious though. It was the grunge days, everybody was in a band. Musical talent wasn't required back then, sorta like the punk movement snuck some bastards in.
No shame in that. It's how i got involved. Any tunes floating out there?

Apr 3, 2015
I was in and out of bands from 1995 - 2005. released a couple albums independently. basically havent even played much in the last 10 years or so. I am professionally trained in classical guitar, and have played the piano and drums for a few years too.

recently I have been making beats and rap tunes... anyone got any rhymes to collaborate with?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Nobody else out there been in bands??????
Nope. Like Hauler @Alco Hauler, I've been playing guitar for a long time, but I've never been in a band. Mostly just play for fun, usually under the influence :D.

I've got a neighbor who has his garage set up with drums, guitars, bass, amps, etc. We spend a lot of time out there just jammin' on tunes. I've always played acoustic (I play a lot of old folk/country/bluegrass), but with the garage sessions we've been doing I've recently been doing some work on an electric. Such a different world...but it's been opening doors to a lot of other kinds of music I like and want to play. I think I'm going to buy a Gibson 335 sometime soon.

Thanks for posting and sharing the videos!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I was in and out of bands from 1995 - 2005. released a couple albums independently. basically havent even played much in the last 10 years or so. I am professionally trained in classical guitar, and have played the piano and drums for a few years too.

recently I have been making beats and rap tunes... anyone got any rhymes to collaborate with?
I really dig classical guitar, I had a roommate in college that studied classical guitar. He used to make practice all kinds of hard shit hah (I was just learning at the time). He was really good before, but after a master degree in CG he became a ridiculous player.

On Pandora, I have a Dionisio Aguado/Fernando Sor channel playing in my office this morning.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016

. I'd love to hear some of your stuff, you should post it.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Nope. Like Hauler @Alco Hauler, I've been playing guitar for a long time, but I've never been in a band. Mostly just play for fun, usually under the influence :D.

I've got a neighbor who has his garage set up with drums, guitars, bass, amps, etc. We spend a lot of time out there just jammin' on tunes. I've always played acoustic (I play a lot of old folk/country/bluegrass), but with the garage sessions we've been doing I've recently been doing some work on an electric. Such a different world...but it's been opening doors to a lot of other kinds of music I like and want to play. I think I'm going to buy a Gibson 335 sometime soon.

Thanks for posting and sharing the videos!
Nice, being a bass player I'm much more comfortable on an acoustic guitar then i am with an electric. The singer of red letter statement had a 335 for awhile. Great sound. For me i have a cheap squire i sanded down, stained, and put some decent dimarzio pick ups in. Just for the sake of demo'ing stuff out at home.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Nice, being a bass player I'm much more comfortable on an acoustic guitar then i am with an electric. The singer of red letter statement had a 335 for awhile. Great sound. For me i have a cheap squire i sanded down, stained, and put some decent dimarzio pick ups in. Just for the sake of demo'ing stuff out at home.
Nice, that seems like a cool project with the Squire. I knew a guy in college that was in a band and played a cheap Squire...he made that thing sound pretty good! I was kind of leaning towards a Strat, but I just don't really like the way they feel. I prefer the necks on the Gibson's, and the semi-hollow body and humbuckers are more conducive to the sound I think I'm going after. Electrics are a new world to me, so much to learn.

I've been playing a little bass lately. I need to learn some more simple bass runs, as of now I can only play some very basic stuff. From my experience on a guitar I understand the fretboard, but rhythmically it's been a bit of a challenge switching gears.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
that's very cool.

Feed her to the sharks?

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
The band I was in previous to that was called Praxia. We only put out one 5 song ep. It's a bit heavier then Red Letter Statement. We were a fairly good mix of Thrice, Coheed and Cambria, and Silverstein.

good stuff dude..reminds me of early KILL SWITCH..,love this kinda music...

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I dig fingerpicking on an acoustic. I will post some stuff up when I get a chance to record it. But 90% of the time that I'm playing guitar I'm D-Runk and playing around a campfire.