Sports Any Tennis fans on here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

What we betting on fed? No money. Money means nothing to me. Repeat of the paper eating? Or sn? I've never changed mine ever, you can take my virginity... You can try
I'm not betting against Federer on grass unless it's the final and his opponent is Nadal

M

member 3289

Seriously though. Without nut hugging. Do you think Nadal would best fed this year?

I don't see it.
On grass? Probably not.

Federer has changed the way he plays Nadal when on harder, quicker-moving surfaces. Fed's gotten rid of his weak one-handed backhand that Nadal used to exploit.

At the U.S. Open I would give a slight edge to Nadal. Fed hasn't been spectacular there.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
On grass? Probably not.

Federer has changed the way he plays Nadal when on harder, quicker-moving surfaces. Fed's gotten rid of his weak one-handed backhand that Nadal used to exploit.

At the U.S. Open I would give a slight edge to Nadal. Fed hasn't been spectacular there.
I completely agree

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
On grass? Probably not.

But the only final I want to see this year at Wimbledon is them 2. Nothing else interests me. Men's tennis is going through a bit of a lull. Fed and Nadal are fantastic. Novak coming up and down. Stan... Off injury, out of shape.

Cillic I'm not convinced.

Monfis and krygious not breaking through. Del potro is my pick. His forehand gets me moist. It's just unbelievable. He could make the final but fed or Nadal have his number

M

member 3289

But the only final I want to see this year at Wimbledon is them 2. Nothing else interests me. Men's tennis is going through a bit of a lull. Fed and Nadal are fantastic. Novak coming up and down. Stan... Off injury, out of shape.

Cillic I'm not convinced.

Monfis and krygious not breaking through. Del potro is my pick. His forehand gets me moist. It's just unbelievable. He could make the final but fed or Nadal have his number
I would love to see a grass-court final between Federer and Nadal. It's been a while because Nadal hasn't been great on grass for the last 7-8 years.

I think a Djokovic-Federer final could also be interesting though. As with the Nadal match, Federer would of course be the strong favorite, but I think Nole could make it interesting.

Stan and Monfils are too old. Monfils is a perennial gatekeeper also. I'm not sure how old Cilic is but I don't think he's young.

Kyrgios has a lot of potential but he lacks the work ethic. He has literally stopped playing hard in matches before when he was down big. Nadal/Federer/Djokovic - there guys have never given up in a match. It's one of the things that separates the greats from the rest of the pack. Kyrgios seems to me like a spoiled little shit who grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. That's no excuse though as tennis is a rich man's game and most players grow up in affluent families.

Delpo is a monster and is capable of beating anyone on a fast court (grass obviously the fastest). Nadal has had his number recently but Delpo is good enough to return to form and reach a final at 3/4 majortournaments. .

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I would love to see a grass-court final between Federer and Nadal. It's been a while because Nadal hasn't been great on grass for the last 7-8 years.

I think a Djokovic-Federer final could also be interesting though. As with the Nadal match, Federer would of course be the strong favorite, but I think Nole could make it interesting.

Stan and Monfils are too old. Monfils is a perennial gatekeeper also. I'm not sure how old Cilic is but I don't think he's young.

Kyrgios has a lot of potential but he lacks the work ethic. He has literally stopped playing hard in matches before when he was down big. Nadal/Federer/Djokovic - there guys have never given up in a match. It's one of the things that separates the greats from the rest of the pack. Kyrgios seems to me like a spoiled little shit who grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. That's no excuse though as tennis is a rich man's game and most players grow up in affluent families.

Delpo is a monster and is capable of beating anyone on a fast court (grass obviously the fastest). Nadal has had his number recently but Delpo is good enough to return to form and reach a final at 3/4 majortournaments. .
You need to eat some paper

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Name your price. I'm ready
Let's wait for the final. Federer has an easier path but I'm not complaining. Rafa had an easy path to the Roland Garros final.

Nadal will have to beat Delpo and Novak to reach the final.

M

member 3289

Nadal in cruise mode here
This will likely be his last easier match though.

Assuming the other guys advance accordingly, Nadal will have to beat Delpo, Djokovic, and Federer -- in that order-- to win Wimbledon.

M

member 3289

Serena Williams in the semifinals of Wimbledon just over 10 months after giving birth to her first child.

She's the greatest female tennis player of all time and it isn't even close, honestly.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Serena Williams in the semifinals of Wimbledon just over 10 months after giving birth to her first child.

She's the greatest female tennis player of all time and it isn't even close, honestly.
She's a genuine phenomenon.

Thank goodness men's tennis is better to watch. Women's is such a tough watch outside of Serena

Thoughts for tomorrow? I'm excited

M

member 3289

She's a genuine phenomenon.

Thank goodness men's tennis is better to watch. Women's is such a tough watch outside of Serena

Thoughts for tomorrow? I'm excited
Federer
Isner
Djokovic
Nadal

Fed should cruise, Isner should win in 3-4 sets, Djokovic is the least predictable but I expect he'll find a way to win in 4 or 5 sets, and Nadal will take advantage of Delpo's fatigue (Delpo had to wait until today to finish his 4th round match).

The thought of a Djokovic-Nadal semifinal is exciting indeed.