Sports Any Tennis fans on here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I've not followed it. But I'll take a bet because I like that sort of thing. Tickle my fancy
Sn bet on outright winner. I've got Rafa. You have Novak or Roger (whichever you choose).

Your guy wins, I have to change my sn for 60 days (you're still owed from our last bet).

Rafa wins, you change yours for 30 days.

Neither guy wins, the bet is void.

Leggo.

M

member 3289

Head takes Novak. Heart takes Roger. In for a penny... Roger
To make this interesting I'll give you the choice, if you win, between changing my sn for 60 days or a video of me eating 10 paper napkins/servilletes.

I learned my lesson with notebook paper...

M

member 3289

I got Rafa at +1300 before the tournament started.
I have been reading/hearing about this new serve of his, but I haven't watched a full match because the shit comes on so late here (1:30 am my time right now). I usually wait until week 2 before I torture myself by waking up early/having a shitty day at work because of it.

Have you noticed anything different about the serve?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I have been reading/hearing about this new serve of his, but I haven't watched a full match because the shit comes on so late here (1:30 am my time right now). I usually wait until week 2 before I torture myself by waking up early/having a shitty day at work because of it.

Have you noticed anything different about the serve?
Not a big enough Tennis fan to really notice technical details like that and haven't been paying attention to his serve stats. But he's obviously looking as great as ever in rallies.

There's always nonsense with Nadal about injuries etc. pre-tournaments and then 90% of the time he's fine. I've won a lot of money on him over the years.

M

member 3289

I don’t think we’ll see much of Federer until Wimbledon. I think he’ll play Wimbledon and the US Open and then that’s it for his majors he’ll play.
He'll play the Masters 1000 tourneys in Indian Wells and Miami, but yeah he's skipped the clay court season/Roland Garros for the past 3 or 4 years.

He scared

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
It's not going to happen imo. I was talking to someone about this recently.

Basically you have the three greatest players of all time, all playing in the same era. The guys coming up are good, but they're not Federer/Nadal/Djokovic level great. They're more like Roddick/Delpo level very good.

If young guys like Zverev, Thiem, or Kyrgios were great, they would have already broken through.
Get Nadal’s name out of that group. You should be ashamed and of yourself.