Sports Any Tennis fans on here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I always thought of Tennis as a faggy European sport but Mario Tennis is fun.

M

member 3289

Ever played it?

Is there an American sport you need stamina for?
I was in Bern one time visiting an ex-girlfriend and we went to an indoor tennis club (I guess these are common in Switzerland because it gets so fucking cold in the winter).

Anyway, she absolutely kicked my ass. The final score was 6-0, 6-0.

And it wasn't just because she was a better tennis player (she was). It was my lack of conditioning. By the end of the first set I was ready to pass out. Second set I didn't even try to chase down anything that wasn't hit within 3 feet (1m) of me.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I was in Bern one time visiting an ex-girlfriend and we went to an indoor tennis club (I guess these are common in Switzerland because it gets so fucking cold in the winter).

Anyway, she absolutely kicked my ass. The final score was 6-0, 6-0.

And it wasn't just because she was a better tennis player (she was). It was my lack of conditioning. By the end of the first set I was ready to pass out. Second set I didn't even try to chase down anything that wasn't hit within 3 feet (1m) of me.
Yeah if you are not used to the constant sprint/stop/pivot/sprint, it makes you lose your shit fast.

M

member 3289

Just learned that squash and racquetball are two different sports.

I thought they were just two different names for the same thing, like elevator and lift.

M

member 3289

Yeah if you are not used to the constant sprint/stop/pivot/sprint, it makes you lose your shit fast.
Are most recreational courts in Germany hard courts?

Almost all courts in the US are hard courts, but in Florida we have the benefit of having many clay courts, I guess because of the hot weather.

I took a Belgian chick I was trying to bang to a an outdoor clay court to play tennis.

She was not at all used to the subtropical humidity, so I smoked her.

Only in tennis, unfortunately. Never got to bang her :(

M

member 3289

Only played squash, what's the difference?
You're gonna have to convert, sorry. 1 inch = 2.5 cm. 1 foot = 30 cm, and 3 feet (1 yard) are slightly less than 1 meter

Squash vs. Racquetball

Squash and racquetball are two completely different sports. The most major difference is that the rackets used in the latter are smaller with their allowed maximum length being 22 inches while the squash rackets can have a maximum allowed length of 27 inches.

Also, a squash ball is smaller at 4 cm. in diameter than a racquetball one of 2.25 inches in diameter. The squash ball is not made of elastic rubber as the one for the other sport; therefore, the squash ball expends much more energy during impact and slows down as a rally progresses. There is an “out of bounds” area marked out around the squash court particularly at the base of the front wall. This is not so in racquetball.

A racquetball court is an indoor or outdoor area that can be fully enclosed. It is usually 40×20 feet with a height of about 20 feet. There are red lines that define the service area and the serve-receiving areas. A squash court is similarly a rectangular box area with four walls of varying heights, but there is a clear height above the court area. Its dimensions are 32×21 feet.

In squash, the court has several outlines marked at the top of the court along with a special line on the front wall at a height of 19 inches from the floor. If the ball hits any of the lines above or below the one on the front wall, it is called “hitting the tin” and is considered to be an out. In squash, if the ball hits the ceiling, it is considered to be an out, but in racquetball, the ball is allowed to hit the ceiling.

In squash you must allow your opponent to hit the front wall directly, but in racquetball you can allow only limited freedom to your opponent to hit only part of the front wall. Squash games are scored up to 9 points and 11 in professional tournaments, but racquetball matches are scored to 15 points. The serving styles are completely different too in both games.

Differences Between Squash and Racquetball | Difference Between

Last edited by a moderator:

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Are most recreational courts in Germany hard courts?

Almost all courts in the US are hard courts, but in Florida we have the benefit of having many clay courts, I guess because of the hot weather.

I took a Belgian chick I was trying to bang to a an outdoor clay court to play tennis.

She was not at all used to the subtropical humidity, so I smoked her.

Only in tennis, unfortunately. Never got to bang her :(
Hard to say, I'm not travelling around trying tennis courts. There is a club near to me that has clay and grass outside, and some sorts of carpet inside. I believe tho the trend is to try to make em more "bouncy" to make em easier on the players.

M

member 3289

Had to edit the conversion. It's embarrassing but in America we really are shit with metric units.

M

member 3289

Hard to say, I'm not travelling around trying tennis courts. There is a club near to me that has clay and grass outside, and some sorts of carpet inside. I believe tho the trend is to try to make em more "bouncy" to make em easier on the players.
I'm getting off topic but I took that Belgian chick to a Japanese restaurant and as I'm driving her there she is talking shit about Americans (it didn't bother me, most Americans are uncouth savages), saying how Europeans were so much "classier" than Americans.

Then we get to the Japanese place and SHE is the one who doesn't know how to use chopsticks and has to eat sushi WITH A FUCKING FORK.

I, of course, had known how to use chopsticks correctly ever since I was a child.

I wanted to jump on top of the table and scream "BOOM! IN YO FACE, YOU CLASSLESS BITCH!!!", but that would have just reinforced her earlier stereotype of my people.

M

member 3289

Q @Qat had to edit unit conversion again. It's a yard (3 feet) that's slightly less than a meter, not a foot.

Just use google whenever I start trying to use the metric system.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I'm getting off topic but I took that Belgian chick to a Japanese restaurant and as I'm driving her there she is talking shit about Americans (it didn't bother me, most Americans are uncouth savages), saying how Europeans were so much "classier" than Americans.

Then we get to the Japanese place and SHE is the one who doesn't know how to use chopsticks and has to eat sushi WITH A FUCKING FORK.

I, of course, had known how to use chopsticks correctly ever since I was a child.

I wanted to jump on top of the table and scream "BOOM! IN YO FACE, YOU CLASSLESS BITCH!!!", but that would have just reinforced her earlier stereotype of my people.
If its any consolation I had a Belgian gf and she was crazy.

Not classless tho since her parents were super rich. But definitely rude sometimes.

M

member 3289

If its any consolation I had a Belgian gf and she was crazy.

Not classless tho since her parents were super rich. But definitely rude sometimes.
This chick wasn't classless either tbh. And she was right overall with her stereotype of Americans.

But she thought her shit didn't stink. We argued (can't remember what it was about, but nothing to do with having class) on the way back to her place from the Japanese restaurant, I dropped her off, and we never spoke again after that.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
This chick wasn't classless either tbh. And she was right overall with her stereotype of Americans.

But she thought her shit didn't stink. We argued (can't remember what it was about, but nothing to do with having class) on the way back to her place from the Japanese restaurant, I dropped her off, and we never spoke again after that.
Yep mine was definitely very unaware of how she was and came across to people.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ever played it?

Is there an American sport you need stamina for?
Sure, American football, basketball, MMA, hockey (North American). The difference between these sports and tennis is that they are all entertaining and Tennis is a bunch of beta males and alpha females lobbing a tennis ball back and forth while a commentator with a funny accent circle jerks the athletes as if what they are doing is meaningful.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
American football
Haha. No. The advertisement needs more stamina than the players who not only get subbed in n out a lot, but have many many breaks.
basketball
They constantly get subbed in n out. No.
Good point if you see it as American sport. I can live with it.
Constantly get subbed in n out.

The difference between these sports and tennis is that they are all entertaining and Tennis is a bunch of beta males and alpha females lobbing a tennis ball back and forth while a commentator with a funny accent circle jerks the athletes as if what they are doing is meaningful.
Opinion.