Sports Any Tennis fans on here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

How can you win 10 tennis games in 45 minutes. That's incredible
Not that difficult if you're talking about service games. 10 matches would be impossible.

Also, fuck you I woke up far too early on a Sunday for this shit (it's 8:30 am here).

M

member 3289

Match is about to start. Oh man I'm feeling the nerves of a Nadal grand slam final.

80% chance my neighbors call the cops on me for screaming at the TV at 9 am on a Sunday morning

M

member 3289

Superb service game.

Rafa firing on all cylinders, Wawrinka seems to have lost his confidence, at least temporarily

M

member 3289

Nadal was asked how he's gonna deal with the power of Wawrinka. He hinted that he'd try to neutralize said power.

So far at least, his strategy seems to be to hit as high and as far back as possible, while also attacking the backhand of Wawrinka.

M

member 3289

That set started out fairly even and then Rafa runs away with it, breaking Stan two straight times to win the set 6-2.

Nadal now on serve to start the second. Def not what Wawrinka wanted

M

member 3289

Wow. Wawrinka loses his first service game of the 2nd set on love (scored zero points).

6-2, 2-0 with Rafa on serve.

If Stan doesn't come up with a solution soon this match will be over in an hour.

M

member 3289

Stan playing better but still can't break Nadal's serve.

6-2, 4-1 in the second set, Wawrinka on serve.

If he drops this set it's all but over.

M

member 3289

benjo0101 @benjo0101 does Sky Sports still include one American analyst for tennis matches?

We've got John McEnroe, a former female player from the States, and a non-tennis guy on NBC.

The other two I couldn't care for but McEnroe's analysis is superb.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
benjo0101 @benjo0101 does Sky Sports still include one American analyst for tennis matches?

We've got John McEnroe, a former female player from the States, and a non-tennis guy on NBC.

The other two I couldn't care for but McEnroe's analysis is superb.
McEnroe is the best in the game in my opinion.

We have got someone. I'm not sure a top ex Pro. Can't place the accent... Jim courier maybe. I'm watching on ITV in the UK. I like he Eurosport coverage too. Great analysis tools available in tennis for the TV crew

M

member 3289

McEnroe is the best in the game in my opinion.

We have got someone. I'm not sure a top ex Pro. Can't place the accent... Jim courier maybe. I'm watching on ITV in the UK. I like he Eurosport coverage too. Great analysis tools available in tennis for the TV crew
Brad Gilbert is pretty good too. Probably my second favorite after Johnny Mac.

There's an English guy I like, too. I think he's on Eurosport.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
First class racket. Probably worth 100+ quid. Smashed.

I did that to a squash racket once. Was so gutted. Just had to buy another.

Great story that.

M

member 3289

Nadal 6-2, 6-3 going into the third. Wawrinka would need the comeback of the century.

Stan started playing better in the second set, but losing his first service game combined with his inability to break Rafa's serve meant he still lost the set.

Stan breaks his racket in frustration after losing a point he probably should have won.

M

member 3289

First class racket. Probably worth 100+ quid. Smashed.

I did that to a squash racket once. Was so gutted. Just had to buy another.

Great story that.
Lol not as big of a deal to the pros, who are sponsored by the racket company and get them for free.

Remember that guy who angrily broke all his rackets and then had to forfeit the match because he had nothing left to play with?

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I hate how nadal gives no respect to the ball boys. Just throwing his towel at them.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Lol not as big of a deal to the pros, who are sponsored by the racket company and get them for free.

Remember that guy who angrily broke all his rackets and then had to forfeit the match because he had nothing left to play with?
I remember when one of the top pros lost a match and was sat at his chair at the end of the match and just destroyed the 5 or so rackets he had one after another... He got a fine from the ATP and the racket sponsor for that one

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Nadal 6-2, 6-3 going into the third. Wawrinka would need the comeback of the century.

Stan started playing better in the second set, but losing his first service game combined with his inability to break Rafa's serve meant he still lost the set.

Stan breaks his racket in frustration after losing a point he probably should have won.
Did he get reprimanded? I have my sound off.

M

member 3289

Wawrinka gets broken on his first service game of the 3rd set (after doing the same thing in the 2nd set lol).

The event organizers should start getting shit ready for the trophy ceremony. This match is over.