Sports Any Tennis fans on here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I hope everyone is enjoying this match. We will never see another player this dominant again.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Thiem seemed hurt. I just can’t help but to feel a bit cheated not seeing what a healthy Thiem would have done.

M

member 3289

Nadal is speaking 4 languages up there - English, French, Spanish, and Catalan.

Not only the greatest tennis player ever but also a genius...

M

member 3289

Nah. Novak looks imperious and Roger won't go away without a fight, he's hardly had to try yet.

Big 3 looking very big indeed.

Novak for me
Buddy of mine from Switzerland is thinking of flying to London for the semifinals on Friday. He said tickets are €6,000 each.

That's fookin insane

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Something was up with Sousa. I won’t be surprised to find out his knee is messed up. I’m not making excuses for him, I just feel like we missed out seeing what should have been a very close match.

M

member 3289

I took Nads at +700 (under the retarded Yank odds system).

Pretty happy with that bet.
I imagine the Djokovic odds weren't great even when you picked. He's the smartest choice.

Roger or Rafa will have to have two incredible matches back-to-back to win the tournament. Djokovic only has to play one of those guys.

M

member 1013

I imagine the Djokovic odds weren't great even when you picked. He's the smartest choice.

Roger or Rafa will have to have two incredible matches back-to-back to win the tournament. Djokovic only has to play one of those guys.
It’s like you’re speaking another language. A really gay one.

M

member 3289

It’s like you’re speaking another language. A really gay one.
On a grass surface (Wimbledon is basically the only grasscourt tournament, there are a few before Wimbledon but the grasscourt season is undoubtedly the shortest), the ball bounces fastest, faster than on hardcourts - on which 90% of the year's tournaments are played.

But the surface is better for the body because it's softer, so someone like Rafa, who's had knee problems in the past, isn't putting his body through as much agony as he is on hardcourts.

M

member 3289

@Lars but hardcourts differ from one to the next, so while grass or clay is pretty much the same, with only environmental differences playing a factor, the hardcourt in Melbourne is different from the hardcourt in Flushing Meadows, for example.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

Yeah, Djokovic will probably still win. But I'm pretty confident the old man won't beat Nadal with how the courts are playing.

I'll take +700 in a competitive 2-horse race.

M

member 3289

Yeah, Djokovic will probably still win. But I'm pretty confident the old man won't beat Nadal with how the courts are playing.

I'll take +700 in a competitive 2-horse race.
I said this to a friend yesterday and it's pretty fukn insightful so I'll say it here as well.

Roger's biggest enemy is age, Rafa's biggest enemy is his body, and Novak's biggest enemy is his mind.

M

member 1013

@Lars but hardcourts differ from one to the next, so while grass or clay is pretty much the same, with only environmental differences playing a factor, the hardcourt in Melbourne is different from the hardcourt in Flushing Meadows, for example.
, post: 1454587, member: 3289"]On a grass surface (Wimbledon is basically the only grasscourt tournament, there are a few before Wimbledon but the grasscourt season is undoubtedly the shortest), the ball bounces fastest, faster than on hardcourts - on which 90% of the year's tournaments are played.

But the surface is better for the body because it's softer, so someone like Rafa, who's had knee problems in the past, isn't putting his body through as much agony as he is on hardcourts.[/QUOTE]