General Anybody ever hired a shipping container.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I can’t believe Canada is deporting you, just because you’re “different”. I’m ashamed of my country today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I can’t believe Canada is deporting you, just because you’re “different”. I’m ashamed of my country today.
Yes. I'm not a treehugger, nor am I a bleeding heart. I don't have faith in Trudeau, and I don't say aboot, it's about.

Liberals are gonna tank our dollar and I'm fucking sick of shovelling snow.

But I will miss you most of all!

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I haven't used a shipping container since I got out of the human trafficking business.

Yes. I'm not a treehugger, nor am I a bleeding heart. I don't have faith in Trudeau, and I don't say aboot, it's about.

Liberals are gonna tank our dollar and I'm fucking sick of shovelling snow.

But I will miss you most of all!
Aaahhhh You have seen the light...Good on You mate...Happy for Ya

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Sell it all.
NZ is very expensive and we would have far too much stuff to replace. Already decided that it will be well worth the investment to fill a container Even if it costs us $10-15,000 I have that just in tools.

We will be selling a lot of stuff that would be useless to us out there. Power tools and electronics that run on 110v would get fried over there. We will sell our vehicles my telehandler and utility trailer and misc. other stuff.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
NZ is very expensive and we would have far too much stuff to replace. Already decided that it will be well worth the investment to fill a container Even if it costs us $10-15,000 I have that just in tools.

We will be selling a lot of stuff that would be useless to us out there. Power tools and electronics that run on 110v would get fried over there. We will sell our vehicles my telehandler and utility trailer and misc. other stuff.
K

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
My brother did that when he moved to Sweden. He and his wife moved their whole apartment's worth of shit. Was a long time ago...but I think it was around $6-7k. Which is why most of his shit stayed in Gothenburg when he got divorced hah

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lot of work to be done.
Have to:
•Sell the house
•Liquidate the business
•Sell the boom
•Sell the vehicles
•Hire shipping container
•Liquidate what we're not taking.
•Reinvest in tools as I'm gonna get fucked with the voltage/ohm differential between here and NZ
•Figure out moving date
•Figure out flights as direct flights are dropping like flies
•Book quarantine suite (fml)
• Look to purchase house in NZ

And whatever the hell else I've missed. Plan to move by June/July at earliest end Sept at latest.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Lot of work to be done.
Have to:
•Sell the house
•Liquidate the business
•Sell the boom
•Sell the vehicles
•Hire shipping container
•Reinvest in tools as I'm gonna get fucked with the voltage/ohm differential between here and NZ
•Figure out moving date

And whatever the hell else I've missed. Plan to move by June/July at earliest end Sept at latest.
Damn, if you were closer I would buy some stuff from ya

Sounds like you will be wheeling and dealing a lot the next few months

Beautiful place...the encroaching tyranny is concerning but your a good boy and it could be a great place to raise up a youth...can't wait to see pics of NZ

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Damn, if you were closer I would buy some stuff from ya

Sounds like you will be wheeling and dealing a lot the next few months

Beautiful place...the encroaching tyranny is concerning but your a good boy and it could be a great place to raise up a youth...can't wait to see pics of NZ
Hoping I can sell the business and boom together to another carpenter. The biggest value is in the contract, believe it or not.
Otherwise I'll have to piece meal everything out at a lower value

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Hoping I can sell the business and boom together to another carpenter. The biggest value is in the contract, believe it or not.
Otherwise I'll have to piece meal everything out at a lower value
Yep
Hope you can find somebody ready to move up into your plug and play situation

I have run a few liquidations via piece out and stuff ends up going for pennies on the dollar(I bought my best tools/equip there haha)

What an adventure man...your a great age to pull it off IMO(wise but young)

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yep
Hope you can find somebody ready to move up into your plug and play situation

I have run a few liquidations via piece out and stuff ends up going for pennies on the dollar(I bought my best tools/equip there haha)

What an adventure man...your a great age to pull it off IMO(wise but young)
Problem with tools is NZ runs on 230v vs our 110v which isn't a huge issue as you can run off of convertor. What get's you is here most shit runs 60hz and there 50hz. You'll just fry your motors as they run roughly 20% slower.

Will have to replace all my big shop tools like miter saws, planer, table saw etc. I've been stockpiling battery powered tools over the last year or so.
Tools ain't cheap over there!

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Problem with tools is NZ runs on 230v vs our 110v which isn't a huge issue as you can run off of convertor. What get's you is here most shit runs 60hz and there 50hz. You'll just fry your motors as they run roughly 20% slower.

Will have to replace all my big shop tools like miter saws, planer, table saw etc. I've been stockpiling battery powered tools over the last year or so.
Tools ain't cheap over there!
Like I said
Wise

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Lot of work to be done.
Have to:
•Sell the house
•Liquidate the business
•Sell the boom
•Sell the vehicles
•Hire shipping container
•Figure out moving date

Absolutely brilliant news mate...CONGRATS!!!!

You will not regret it mate...You have the right temperament and skills to be really successful in NZ or Aus....Plenty of work to be done over these ways....Can't wait to catch up at some stage bro....Any help I can be please just ask.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Also ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon

Due to my injuries (Back surgery) and now tendinitis in both elbows I'm selling off my Milwaukee tools and other stuff....All near new....Might be able to work something out.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
this the least subtle human trafficking/pushing griselda blanco weight in a container thread