Anyone a Gamer? - Destiny

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
So Destiny was on sale on the Play Station Network today so I got it. Anyone play this? What should I know and what class should I play? These downloads take forever

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Damn lol, what class do you play?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
HUGE Skyrim fan. About to play it after I'm done browsing this site. Not sure about Destiny though b/c I hate having to pay for a game monthly. How much did you pay for the game?

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
D241;n25708 said:
HUGE Skyrim fan. About to play it after I'm done browsing this site. Not sure about Destiny though b/c I hate having to pay for a game monthly. How much did you pay for the game?
Shit I didn't know I had to pay monthly. I got it for $39 I loved Skyrim too

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Destiny isn't subscription based as far as I know D.

It is supposed to be a great game, I know a few people hooked on it. It is similar style to Borderlands with the weapons. Game play is like a Halo/Battlefield cross. Setting is quality and scenery is amazing on next gen.

I am playing games years but lately can't really get into it as much, have yet to buy a next gen console...

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
D241;n25708 said:
Skyrim is a great game, I even bought the collectors edition, have to start it again and play as a Khajitt or an Aragonian, never gave them a play through on any elder scrolls.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
I've played some form of game one way or another all this while, currently playing Path of Exile. (PC)

over the years I played Counter-Strike, NHL games on consoles, some Battlefield.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Mertvaya Ruka;n25853 said:
I've played some form of game one way or another all this while, currently playing Path of Exile. (PC)

over the years I played Counter-Strike, NHL games on consoles, some Battlefield.

I got NHL 15 for a steal a while ago, first Hockey game I have played in years, no idea who any of the players, good game though. Used to play CS years ago as well when it was only getting started .

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Destiny is fun but it's very grindy. The main story only last about 5 or 6 hours. Multiplayer was okay, but I ended up losing interest after I finished all the missions.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
Suicidalforlife;n26125 said:
I got NHL 15 for a steal a while ago, first Hockey game I have played in years, no idea who any of the players, good game though. Used to play CS years ago as well when it was only getting started .
yes 15 is good, they got this one right, the nhl 94 mode is very fun too with friends who aren't hardcore players.

Yeah, I played the original CS, CS: source and I did play Global Offensive too, it's pretty good but you still need to put in the hours to be competitive.

I played Natural Selection 2 a while ago, fun game, it's a mix of RTS and FPS.

I did enjoy Warcraft 3/Starcraft 2 too.

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Mertvaya Ruka;n26158 said:
yes 15 is good, they got this one right, the nhl 94 mode is very fun too with friends who aren't hardcore players.

Yeah, I played the original CS, CS: source and I did play Global Offensive too, it's pretty good but you still need to put in the hours to be competitive.

I played Natural Selection 2 a while ago, fun game, it's a mix of RTS and FPS.

I did enjoy Warcraft 3/Starcraft 2 too.
I was big into Warcraft 3 for a while then eventually transitioned to console.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
Star-Lord;n26190 said:
I was big into Warcraft 3 for a while then eventually transitioned to console.
it's the RTS I played the most, I sometimes miss it, it was really fun and competitive.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
PC gamer, but mostly strategy games like Civ, Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4. Although I will play World of Tanks or Heroes of Newerth on occasion.

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Zeph;n26292 said:
PC gamer, but mostly strategy games like Civ, Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4. Although I will play World of Tanks or Heroes of Newerth on occasion.
Love Europa and Crusader kings, I need to PC again

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Star-Lord;n26312 said:
Love Europa and Crusader kings, I need to PC again
The new expansions for Crusader Kings 2, charlemagne and way of life, are awesome.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have Destiny for PS4. I haven't played it in a while but I liked it. The campaign is short but fun and the pvp is solid. It feels like a Halo game. The gameplay mechanics are excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
So is Destiny a single player campaign type of game, or is it an mmo?

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
D241;26380 said:
So is Destiny a single player campaign type of game, or is it an mmo?
It's not really a single player campaign nor an MMO. It has MMO elements but the limited social interaction and very small lobbies make it more of a 2-3 player online game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
Zeph;n26292 said:
I started to play Crusader King 2, man is it lots of work to get into. I still haven't grasped the basics to funtion, cool game thought, very funny/surprising how shit goes down during a game. I'll get back to it for sure at some point.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Mertvaya Ruka;n26469 said:
I started to play Crusader King 2, man is it lots of work to get into. I still haven't grasped the basics to funtion, cool game thought, very funny/surprising how shit goes down during a game. I'll get back to it for sure at some point.
Anything I can help with?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
After a little think here are some basics that help me.

Always have your heir educated by someone with the Grey Eminence trait, as this gives them the highest possible diplomacy stats which helps keep vassals happy. If you don't have the grey eminence trait, you can educate him till he is 15 and then switch him to someone with grey eminence.

For retinues I use 1 light skirmish to 2 skirmish retinues ratio. Unless your special unit has horse archers and then I use the horse archer retinues after 20k skirmish retinues. The reason for this is because they are cheap and if you do most of your damage with bows it limits casualties.

Any children besides your heir should be educated by your highest ranking vassals for the +20 per child opinion bonus.

Check who people are allied with before declaring war or the religion of their nearby neighbors if you are declaring holy war. The neighbors/allies will help unless they are busy with another war.

Having 6-8 of the highest ranking vassals that you can - ie 6 dukes or 8 kings if your emperor - is optimal so you don't have to keep too many people balanced. Hand them duchies or kingdoms around your kingdom/empire, this allows you to raise vassals from all their holdings in different places. Saves a lot of travel time.

Save up before the death of your ruler. Use this cash to send gifts to any vassels which need it to smooth over the transition from one ruler to another.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
Zeph;n26485 said:
After a little think here are some basics that help me.

Always have your heir educated by someone with the Grey Eminence trait, as this gives them the highest possible diplomacy stats which helps keep vassals happy. If you don't have the grey eminence trait, you can educate him till he is 15 and then switch him to someone with grey eminence.

For retinues I use 1 light skirmish to 2 skirmish retinues ratio. Unless your special unit has horse archers and then I use the horse archer retinues after 20k skirmish retinues. The reason for this is because they are cheap and if you do most of your damage with bows it limits casualties.

Any children besides your heir should be educated by your highest ranking vassals for the +20 per child opinion bonus.

Check who people are allied with before declaring war or the religion of their nearby neighbors if you are declaring holy war. The neighbors/allies will help unless they are busy with another war.

Having 6-8 of the highest ranking vassals that you can - ie 6 dukes or 8 kings if your emperor - is optimal so you don't have to keep too many people balanced. Hand them duchies or kingdoms around your kingdom/empire, this allows you to raise vassals from all their holdings in different places. Saves a lot of travel time.

Save up before the death of your ruler. Use this cash to send gifts to any vassels which need it to smooth over the transition from one ruler to another.
Thanks for the tips - I didn't quite know what to do with the kids, it should help. I'm just starting with Ireland to make it a bit easier. Everytime I venture out of my territory fucking vikings and shit come raid me lol. How long a game goes for you on average? seems like it could go on for days.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
i got destiny but stuck at it and hate how many times you have shoot people..im a lame o..i play Call of duty dont hate me..

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
D241;n25708 said:

That game is awesome. I really enjoyed Oblivion too. Right now I got a dark elf rolling around with great stealth and bow skillz. I don't play nearly as much as I used to but older games like THPS, TW golf, Civilization on Xbox, GOW, Halo I still enjoy once and a while. Id love to find another game for my Xbox to get my interest back up.