Lifestyle Anyone dealing w an addiction?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Yeah it never really goes. I have a bit of a lid on it now.

The other night I dropped £50 in a fruity because I was bored. I was 50 odd quid up at one point. Just kept going though.

Most days are fine but I have to be so careful. Especially now I have a family.

All addictions are basically the same and you have to want to get off them. And believe it or not gambling can even have a physical effect too. Once you accept you really want to give up its the first step to relief.

But the itch never ever goes away completely.

Thanks Obama.
I have gambled before but only really a couple of times if I went to Ascot or Vegas, or the odd fiver here and there playing Holdem with friends. I prefer penny slots than anything more serious just for fun so it never got a hold of me.

I guess everything was put into perspective when you had kids, fingers.

I definitely drink too much. Had a bit of rough news this morning so I doubt I'll remember going to bed tonight.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I have gambled before but only really a couple of times if I went to Ascot or Vegas, or the odd fiver here and there playing Holdem with friends. I prefer penny slots than anything more serious just for fun so it never got a hold of me.

I guess everything was put into perspective when you had kids, fingers.

I definitely drink too much. Had a bit of rough news this morning so I doubt I'll remember going to bed tonight.

It's how we Brits deal with it.

I had a rare day off yesterday.

I will pm you x

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I have been in A.A for like a year had 2 relapses which is actually not a lot in the alcoholic world.

I quit drinking after an almost 24/7-5 day bender at my local dive bar and other bars.

I also quit when I read the story of how much slash from guns and roses drank and I realized I drank the exact same amount he was also 35 when his heart failed and I was only a few years younger than that.

my withdrawal after that 5 day bender was so bad that I saw blurry for two days and couldn't sleep or eat I also had the worst Anxiety and fear I had ever had in my life for two days.
I saw that anxiety first hand with a family member
He is court ordered sobriety right now, but I am not sure how he will do when he is not equating a single drink with jail time.

not sure if he is rock bottom yet, although he should be IMO because he has wasted so much potential and opportunity

Hard to know what to do to help...Really doesn't want my help or advice at all...So currently I just give support and try to not get him pissed, because that immediately turns into blaming me for stuff.

Glad your holding strong Jesus.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I saw that anxiety first hand with a family member
He is court ordered sobriety right now, but I am not sure how he will do when he is not equating a single drink with jail time.

not sure if he is rock bottom yet, although he should be IMO because he has wasted so much potential and opportunity

Hard to know what to do to help...Really doesn't want my help or advice at all...So currently I just give support and try to not get him pissed, because that immediately turns into blaming me for stuff.

Glad your holding strong Jesus.
usually you have to hit several rock bottoms what makes you quit is what is called the "moment of clarity" comedian bobby lee tell his stories of how he quit pills after that moment of clarity.
I don't think I would have quit without that 5 day bender and a withdrawal that felt like it was going to kill me. the damage I have done to my organs could still kill me I am going to the doctor for all sorts of tests. alcohol is brutal on your organs ,xanax might be worse freddo santana died from all sorts of organ failure.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
usually you have to hit several rock bottoms what makes you quit is what is called the "moment of clarity" comedian bobby lee tell his stories of how he quit pills after that moment of clarity.
I don't think I would have quit without that 5 day bender and a withdrawal that felt like it was going to kill me. the damage I have done to my organs could still kill me I am going to the doctor for all sorts of tests. alcohol is brutal on your organs ,xanax might be worse freddo santana died from all sorts of organ failure.
Ya
He does week long benders like you did...I always think it is "rock Bottom"...but that isn't for me to decide obviously.
alcohol and benzos at the same time also

Off benzos now, so at least that is one addiction off the list.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Ya
He does week long benders like you did...I always think it is "rock Bottom"...but that isn't for me to decide obviously.
alcohol and benzos at the same time also

Off benzos now, so at least that is one addiction off the list.
I never went to rehab but a lot of the folks who have give me some of their wisdom from rehab. you have your regualr rock bottoms and what the call a "hard bottom" like homeless alcoholics,paint huffers etc. what ends up killing sone people is that they never hit a hard bottom and just continue to be functional alcoholics hitting regular rock bottoms which is some thing they sometimes can not even recognize was a rock bottom themselves until they are sober.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
I have seen my ex hit MANY what I would consider rock bottoms but she is still going. She went from being just an addict to now being a large mid level plug. It is going to end horribly for her and is currently pretty horrible. So many terrible things have happened where I thought she would say enough. Drug game is full of serious predators. All I can do is watch the train wreck. She isn't gona stop til she catches several years.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I keep reading people saying this and how you can die from it. I have never experienced any withdrawals. I took it for three years 3mg per day and then just quit and felt nothing. When I quit opioids the first week was pure hell
Not disputing but I haven't read that before, I thought Benzos were to STOP you from danger of cold turkey of alcohol etc.

Alcohol withdrawal really does suck. Cold sweats, no sleep, shaking so much you can barely lift a spoon to your mouth if you can even think about eating anything.

I did worry when I first started quitting for days on end because you read nightmare stories about DTs and having seizures when you knock it on the head after a bender...and I've been on a bender for sometimes 2 months at a time. Pretty sure from November to new year 2018/2019 I only had one sober day and that was becaue my in-laws were doing dry January. I had an excuse I guess but even so...not fun.

Edit: I managed two dry days then. I was okay when I got back home again, just a stupid stressful situation at the time that I couldn't cope with.

Last edited:

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
I think I am going to quit pills this week on my days off. Noticed today I needed one to not be half asleep so that isn't good. Whenever I feel that I take a week or 2 off so the withdrawals don't get out of hand.
anyone else have a pill problem or cigarettes or shooting fentanyl?

©Le Chat Noir
I thought I could manage my pill habit OP guess what...you can't

Shit is insidious...I've used a natural alternative for hypo dopamine called macuna purines from India and never looked back

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Cigarettes here. I've quit before but not for a long time. Planning to drop them in the first week of May. Capitalism has colonized my very breath!

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If there was ever a time to quit an addiction it's now.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Damn near all of us are addicted to the internet. Soon there'll be IA.
Human behavior naturally leads to addiction without discipline.
Even with discipline incorporated most end up in the same place, unless there truly is a higher power acknowledgment of some kind.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I keep reading people saying this and how you can die from it. I have never experienced any withdrawals. I took it for three years 3mg per day and then just quit and felt nothing. When I quit opioids the first week was pure hell
benzo with drawl is supposedly what killed rapper fredo santana the xanax and a few other rappers but he was also messing with "lean" , the three things these rappers are dieng from is xanax,fentanyl laced opiods and lean.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I will out scumbag you everyday of the week!!!!

You are not alone.

we’ve all done shit things to feed our desire and addiction.

Growing up and facing the demons is the toughest fight of your life.

and even if you falter along the way.

‘Why do we fall down Mr Wayne?”

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
You are not alone.

we’ve all done shit things to feed our desire and addiction.

Growing up and facing the demons is the toughest fight of your life.

and even if you falter along the way.

‘Why do we fall down Mr Wayne?”
I'm addicted to action and drama at this point. I find myself in the middle of crazy illegal shit just for the fuck of it pretty often. I can't stand being bored. Altho I hear prison is boring

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I'm addicted to action and drama at this point. I find myself in the middle of crazy illegal shit just for the fuck of it pretty often. I can't stand being bored. Altho I hear prison is boring

If you live long enough you will look back on that sort of drama and chuckle.