Lifestyle Anyone dealing w an addiction?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

Mines even lamer - caffeine

Seriously on a work day, I drink between 6-8 shots. It doesn’t effect finances but if I don’t drink it I become grumpy, rude and impossible to be around
I didn’t even think of caffeine.

I drink 10+ coffees a day

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
I'm working on kicking the alcohol. I think I'm 19 weeks without a drink. No aa, no help, just wanted to do it for health.

The first week is hard. But it gets easier. I was just telling Mrs greenbean how happy I am that I haven't been drinking. It's really only handicapping yourself and not much else.

Bad for health and wallet. It's nice to say to myself at the end of a shitty day, at least I haven't drank, and my attitude changes. It's like a small victory to feel good about.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Also, I didn't have the typical withdrawals like shakes. I had a few nights of restless legs, but I'll tell you what surprised me. Anxiety. I did not know that was part of quitting. I thought something was wrong with me because I would easily become overwhelmed with negative thoughts, and then I read that this is typical and much longer lasting than tremors. It can take months to sort out because chemically, you dull your senses with alcohol, so when that is no longer present, it's like your normal coping mechanism isn't there and your brain doesn't know how to deal with the stress.

I hope this is a heads up for some that did not know this and I hope it's helpful, because I had to learn the hard way. I never knew the full reality of quitting. I thought it would be rainbows and sunshine after you overcome the urge. Just remind yourself that this is part of it, if you do start feeling anxious and it will help calm you.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Feb 27, 2020
I'd be more surprised if someone wasn't dealing with an addiction.
Sex, liqour, smokes, coffee, gambling, hard shit.. We all got issues, sort one out and another just takes it's place.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I didn’t even think of caffeine.

I drink 10+ coffees a day
U listen to that podcast above also...good stuff

I am not suggesting quitting coffee...but the history and effects are very interesting

My lady is a caffeine lover...I only have a half weak cup a day cause it gets me way too amped up...I only like it to encourage the morning poo poo.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I might listen to it on the drive home from work.

I like it, and I would never quit it. My job and general life requires me to be pretty onto it at all times. When I have a shit sleep etc, coffee definitely helps. Still though, Im definitely an addict and need to cut down.
Ya
the podcast doesn't suggest quitting...in fact the guy speaking went back to his coffee routine because of his productivity and positive effects

Just good info and history

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Coffee.
If I don't have a cup within a couple of hours of waking up I get a headache.

I'm cutting back. I'm down to about 3 or 4 cups a day.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
I’ve fucked people up bad. I’ve done shit I’d love to forget. I’m not a good person. Please tell me it’s cool.
It's not cool but you can be a better person from here on out which is cool. I've done some bad stuff I will never mention. But I'm not that person anymore. I'm pretty good now. Do the best you can and don't give up.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Coffee.
If I don't have a cup within a couple of hours of waking up I get a headache.

I'm cutting back. I'm down to about 3 or 4 cups a day.
I can't do it. I buy decaf for my machine. I can do iced Starbucks but normal caffeine I'm like a chinchilla for hours and can't stop talking. Then a come down.

T

The Big Guy

I'm addicted to weed. But now I dont smoke before 5pm and so i can look down on all the hippies