Anyone else absolutely hate Joe...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Rogan? That guy, man, that guy, he grinds my gears like NO OTHER in MMA.

Just listening to him go on about Fedor (and anyone and anything in general).

"Oh it's out of him and Cain as the GOAT at HW"

"Mirko was a good win"

Hardly acknowledges the fact that when Fedor beat Nog, Nog was THE BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET. And Fedor MAULED him, bad. And he was SUPERMAN PUNCHING in and out of Nog's guard like it was the guard of a friggin white belt!!!!

Mirko was a FANTASTIC win. Especially considering that Fedor OUTSTRUCK him and demoralised him.

Then Fedor cleared up until Werdum.

Then he bangs on about Cain. God almighty, the hard-on he has for Cain gets bigger by the second, I swear.

"Cain had world class cardio, man".

Er, no, no he didn't. NOBDY expects HW's to fight like LW's, so when a HW comes in and is more active than usual it DOES NOT MEAN they have world class cardio. Where was that cardio in Mexico when Werdum was piecing him up? How about in other fights at sea-level when Cain wall stalls everyone and his head is as f*cking purple as a plum? And who did he beat NOT named Junior Dos Santos and Bigfoot Silva? Didn't face Reem, Stipe, Hunt, Arlovski, Mir... Ok, you can make a case for him beating them, but vice-versa too.

"But Cain was wheel kicking Travis" So? Mirko was AXE KICKING Hunt.

Cain does have some very good wins. But I don't think ANYONE is going to include them in top 3 discussions when talking about HW GOAT contenders.

Everything MMA related with him is that the UFC then and now is ALWAYS better. Not true.

Then he bangs on about pot. This is a guy who took up smoking at the age of THIRTY. Most people are done with it by then.

Then he talks about healthy diets and gives his advice. Like a guy on 40 pills a day, and some of them are for "brain function", is a guy to get health advice from.

I'm veering off topic a bit now, but when this guy gets his claws into a fighter and falls for them, christ above, there is ZERO reasoning with him. His bias is unrivalled, IMHO.

I'm off to get some fresh air...

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I haven't heard the above reference.
But Rogan's opinion shifts all the time.
He cried about Ronda Rousey for Easter's sake.
And Ronda cries Fedor's name to Travis Browne, so there you have it.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
I haven't heard the above reference.
But Rogan's opinion shifts all the time.
He cried about Ronda Rousey for Easter's sake.
And Ronda cries Fedor's name to Travis Browne, so there you have it.
Was on a youtube video that got uploaded yesterday.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
honestly Cain is overrated IMO
vastly

I might put cain top 10

Fedor
Fabricio
Overeem
Mirko
all are much more proven and have better resumes

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
honestly Cain is overrated IMO
vastly

I might put cain top 10

Fedor
Fabricio
Overeem
Mirko
all are much more proven and have better resumes
I've never seen the appeal of him, to be honest. He's an aggressive Mexican version of Randy Couture.

His cardio is overrated. He'd die if he entered a triathlon.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Joe's cool. Although I don't always agree with him. You have to consider that sometimes, he's high as a kite and rambles. Sometimes he's drunk as shit and rambles. And mixing with all the brain alpha pills probably won't straighten him out.

You have to think of Joe Rogan as someone who you might hang with from time to time.

If you think of him any higher, you get this thread.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
No, I got no beef with Joe.
Sure he annoys the shit out of me sometimes (the forrest and rampage fight comes quickly to mind) but I can't give a guy shit for hanging off a fighters nuts when I do the same thing.

He was brought in as a fan who knew his shit, was good on the mic and would commentate (for free at the beginning) and he does a great job in getting people hyped for an event because he is just as excited as us. His podcast has 30 to 40 million downloads a month and is more than likely responsible for hundreds of thousands of UFC ppv buys.

In my opinion just like Dana the sport would not be where it is today without him.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Sure he annoys the shit out of me sometimes (the forrest and rampage fight comes quickly to mind) but I can't give a guy shit for hanging off a fighters nuts when I do the same thing.

He was brought in as a fan who knew his shit, was good on the mic and would commentate (for free at the beginning) and he does a great job in getting people hyped for an event because he is just as excited as us. His podcast has 30 to 40 million downloads a month and is more than likely responsible for hundreds of thousands of UFC ppv buys.

In my opinion just like Dana the sport would not be where it is today without him.
You have to be joking? It's like saying Boxing wouldn't be where it is if Larry Merchant didn't like Boxing.

Joe Rogan, a COMMENTATOR, is literally the LAST reason why MMA is so popular. Heck, no way on EARTH does he factor into it.

Did the UFC blow up because of him? No.

Did it catch onto combat fans because of him? No.

Dana and Joe simply cannot be compared.

One BREATHES the sport. Dana is simply one of the most hardworking men on earth. Dude's worth half a BILLION and is up at 3/4am EVERY OTHER DAY, travelling the world, still making it happen. Without his vision and the Fertittas monies there'd be no MMA as we know it.

In no way, shape or form is Joe Rogan on par with Dana or responsible for MMA being where it is. The man commentates and interviews fighters. He's nothing, IMHO.

"I will stop watching the UFC when Rogan calls it a day" - said no MMA FAN EVER.

The UFC blew up YEARS before the word podcast was invented, let alone when Joe's podcasts come around. And if the PPV's are low is that because Joe didn't do a podcast, have a poor guest on or what? Doubt it, opposite is also the same.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
You have to be joking? It's like saying Boxing wouldn't be where it is if Larry Merchant didn't like Boxing.

Joe Rogan, a COMMENTATOR, is literally the LAST reason why MMA is so popular. Heck, no way on EARTH does he factor into it.

Did the UFC blow up because of him? No.

Did it catch onto combat fans because of him? No.

Dana and Joe simply cannot be compared.

One BREATHES the sport. Dana is simply one of the most hardworking men on earth. Dude's worth half a BILLION and is up at 3/4am EVERY OTHER DAY, travelling the world, still making it happen. Without his vision and the Fertittas monies there'd be no MMA as we know it.

In no way, shape or form is Joe Rogan on par with Dana or responsible for MMA being where it is. The man commentates and interviews fighters. He's nothing, IMHO.

"I will stop watching the UFC when Rogan calls it a day" - said no MMA FAN EVER.

The UFC blew up YEARS before the word podcast was invented, let alone when Joe's podcasts come around. And if the PPV's are low is that because Joe didn't do a podcast, have a poor guest on or what? Doubt it, opposite is also the same.

No ones ever said that about Dana either.

Fans can have differing opinions and still both love the sport. I'm not going to write multiple posts about how I think rogan has been beneficial to the UFC. My line of reasoning leads me to think something that you don't and as far as I'm concerned we can just agree to disagree.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017

No ones ever said that about Dana either.

Fans can have differing opinions and still both love the sport. I'm not going to write multiple posts about how I think rogan has been beneficial to the UFC. My line of reasoning leads me to think something that you don't and as far as I'm concerned we can just agree to disagree.
Nobody needs to say that about Dana. But if we want to cut it down the middle, tell me this...

Who got the F.Bros to invest MILLIONS into this sport? Dana did.

Who has put in more work than anyone getting it to where it is today? Dana.

You and me both know that if Rogan went it wouldn't be the end of the world, but if Dana went then there'd be serious trouble.

Rogan, for me, isn't even the best announcer that's been in MMA. Quadros was miles better. Joe just screams "werrrrrrh" when someone gets rocked.

Point being is that Joe is replaceable and life would go on without him. He's not mount rushmore when it comes to influential figures in MMA, IMHO.

Dana isn't replaceable and alongside a few others is the reason we're having this debate.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Nobody needs to say that about Dana. But if we want to cut it down the middle, tell me this...

Who got the F.Bros to invest MILLIONS into this sport? Dana did.

Who has put in more work than anyone getting it to where it is today? Dana.

You and me both know that if Rogan went it wouldn't be the end of the world, but if Dana went then there'd be serious trouble.

Rogan, for me, isn't even the best announcer that's been in MMA. Quadros was miles better. Joe just screams "werrrrrrh" when someone gets rocked.

Point being is that Joe is replaceable and life would go on without him. He's not mount rushmore when it comes to influential figures in MMA, IMHO.

Dana isn't replaceable and alongside a few others is the reason we're having this debate.
I'm not debating anything, I just think that he has moved the UFC forward and made the Dana comparison since they are both polarizing figures.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I have started liking him less and less .
This, it was ok when he was just a dumb loveable jock stoner...now he's trying too hard to philosophise..or, in his words, "go deep" which just ends to misinformation...and this is on every fucking subject he might chose to do this too. MMA is but one of them, and its sad how he can be so wrong about a subject he's meant to know so well.

Basing this assessment mainly on the last thing I've heard from him, a clip of him describing the Weidman stoppage, for which he was a main player in everything going arse up. Completely neglected to mention the doc stopped the fight because he deemed Weidman unfit to continue and started piling up on the NYSAC

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Respectfully disagree.
It's the passion of the fighters and fans that set mma apart form other athletic endeavours and they have made this sport amazing. I love the debates and arguments we all get into because of our stubbornness and love for the sport.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
This, it was ok when he was just a dumb loveable jock stoner...now he's trying too hard to philosophise..or, in his words, "go deep" which just ends to misinformation...and this is on every fucking subject he might chose to do this too. MMA is but one of them, and its sad how he can be so wrong about a subject he's meant to know so well.

Basing this assessment mainly on the last thing I've heard from him, a clip of him describing the Weidman stoppage, for which he was a main player in everything going arse up. Completely neglected to mention the doc stopped the fight because he deemed Weidman unfit to continue and started piling up on the NYSAC
Boom!

It's like he HAS to be right on EVERYTHING. There's no winning with him.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
It's the passion of the fighters and fans that set mma apart form other athletic endeavours and they have made this sport amazing. I love the debates and arguments we all get into because of our stubbornness and love for the sport.
Great post. And one that I agree on! Haha ;-)

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

Joe Rogan's commentary is like a tampon commercial - I know I'm not the target demographic, so why get put off by it?
meathead stoners love them some Rogan. He tries to be intellectual, which is more than I can say for a lot of guys in his role.

good for him, seems like a nice enough meathead stoner.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think Joe is a good guy, i think he allows the ear piece to dictate what he says from time to time until he is on his own podcast, I dislike Annik and Stann more than Joe