Anyone else absolutely hate Joe...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
JRE really turned me against him. I liked the guy as a commentator. But I r3ally dont give a shit about anything he has to say besides Jiu Jitsu.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
I like joe..
When he says something ridiculous or asks for one too many slow mo replays of the nut shot...i just get all tyrone biggums. "You crazy, joe rogan...CRACK!

I thought cruz was gonna annoy me as a commentator.. but he hasnt. Im digging him.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Good in my book. I criticize him for basially what the others do as well. Stann has been biased a couple of times, they all have made some wrong calls here and there. Cruz is on the ball right now. You want somebody who loves and cares for the sport, and that is what we have in Joe. Also, one of the last guys who was there from the beginning of times, enjoy it while you can. Soon the UFC will be filled with new and unfamiliar faces. For example, that WWE dude they are brining in...

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
say what you want but joe brings some enthusiasm anik and stann make me want to stab a pencil into my ear drum.mauro absolutely killed it for rizin last night.even goldy as fuckin dumb as he was made the show a bit more exciting.the rest of the guys are bland boring monotone sounding

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
You have to be joking? It's like saying Boxing wouldn't be where it is if Larry Merchant didn't like Boxing.

Joe Rogan, a COMMENTATOR, is literally the LAST reason why MMA is so popular. Heck, no way on EARTH does he factor into it.

Did the UFC blow up because of him? No.

Did it catch onto combat fans because of him? No.

Dana and Joe simply cannot be compared.

One BREATHES the sport. Dana is simply one of the most hardworking men on earth. Dude's worth half a BILLION and is up at 3/4am EVERY OTHER DAY, travelling the world, still making it happen. Without his vision and the Fertittas monies there'd be no MMA as we know it.

In no way, shape or form is Joe Rogan on par with Dana or responsible for MMA being where it is. The man commentates and interviews fighters. He's nothing, IMHO.

"I will stop watching the UFC when Rogan calls it a day" - said no MMA FAN EVER.

The UFC blew up YEARS before the word podcast was invented, let alone when Joe's podcasts come around. And if the PPV's are low is that because Joe didn't do a podcast, have a poor guest on or what? Doubt it, opposite is also the same.
Ok easy on the Zuffa PR Dana nutriding there. MMA would have been fine without he or the Fertittas.

I agree Joe isn't exactly responsible for much, but he has been the voice a whole generation of fans have grown up with. Someone may have been able to do it better, but it's been a gift that there was someone in the booth all these years who actually trained.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I take issue when he's unable to reel his ego in and HAS to prove to a concussed fighter why they are wrong and fucked up (via multiple replays in post-fight interview). We get it Joe, we just all just watched the fucking fight, let the fighter say his thanks and get some fucking rest.

Also, during the Weidman fight, Rogan shouting for the ref to deem it legal strikes but no replays were allowed, sure the ref fucked up, but thats something that is dealt with AFTER the fact, not during. Complete amateur hour.

Other than that, yeah he's alright. haha

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Ok easy on the Zuffa PR Dana nutriding there. MMA would have been fine without he or the Fertittas.

I agree Joe isn't exactly responsible for much, but he has been the voice a whole generation of fans have grown up with. Someone may have been able to do it better, but it's been a gift that there was someone in the booth all these years who actually trained.
It really wouldn't have.

No UFC and no Pride = No MMA.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I like Joe...I can't stand listening to DC commentating though.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
When a guy talks into a microphone as often as Joe does, you're bound to have some inconsistencies, things to be annoyed by, and CERTAINLY things you disagree with.

I think Joe does a good job considering how much content he is a part of. I disagree with him frequently, but I can't expect to always agree with someone in his situation.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I don't absolutely hate Rogan but he annoys me a lot sometimes. he's not supposed to know everything fight-related but if he doesn't know about something he should just STFU. I'm sure he's got good intentions but I'm eternally butthurt for him spreading out false narratives about kickboxing and muay thai that will take five generations to be staightened out.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I take issue when he's unable to reel his ego in and HAS to prove to a concussed fighter why they are wrong and fucked up (via multiple replays in post-fight interview).
I believe most of those calls are put into his earpiece. He doesn't necessarily decide whether or not they're gonna show the replay.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I'm sure he's got good intentions but I'm eternally butthurt for him spreading out false narratives about kickboxing and muay thai that will take five generations to be staightened out.
What false narratives? Not denying they exist, I'm just curious.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
say what you want but joe brings some enthusiasm anik and stann make me want to stab a pencil into my ear drum.mauro absolutely killed it for rizin last night.even goldy as fuckin dumb as he was made the show a bit more exciting.the rest of the guys are bland boring monotone sounding
UFC "official" broadcast is so bad, it's significantly worse than ufc brazilian broadcast which is cringeworthy in the first place. many times I said "enough" with brazilians commentators and switched to original audio only to be forced back to Canal Combate.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
I'm eternally butthurt for him spreading out false narratives about kickboxing and muay thai that will take five generations to be staightened out.
regular john @regular john, I never knew about Rogan's Muay Thai & kickboxing false narratives. What exactly has he said?

I used hate Rogan, mostly for the preaching about trying to be a better person & then being friends with a douchenozzle like BLAF. Over the years, he's grown on me. I guess Rogan owes a big part of his success & fortune to BLAF coming up with the idea of having him as a commentator. He's probably grateful & has some sort of cognitive dissonance, but either way, BLAF still sucks.

My asshole puckers up during the weigh-ins though, whenever Rogan says 'Dana White, without him none of this would be possible'. Bullshit. BLAF was at the right place, at the right time, & knew the right money-men. And if it wasn't them, someone else would've come along. Maybe even someone like Scott Coker, who helped nurture many of the current top contenders back when he was running Strikeforce.

People conveniently forget Zuffa was on the verge of selling the UFC till TUF came around, & BLAF was completely against TUF. Dana White is an narcissistic freak who's fortunate to know the right people & fail forward. Only the BLAF fanbois & reality TV fans will miss him when he's gone.

Last edited:

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
What false narratives? Not denying they exist, I'm just curious.
overall favoritism towards dutch kickboxing over muay thai, false propaganda about the achievements of western fighters in Thailand, complete ignorance about the landscape of both sports and consequent ignorant assessment of the quality of a few fighters at the expense of hundreds of others...mostly compliance with the narratives of his bros and being in a position to allow the bullshit to spread out;

I never knew about Rogan's Muay Thai & kickboxing false narratives. What did he say?
not one thing in particular. he just doesn't know shit about kickboxing/muay thai and gets all his info from a small group of bro-sources and runs with it. and he's in a position where a whole lot of people get their info from him - resulting in misconceptions/false narratives spreading out.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
overall favoritism towards dutch kickboxing over muay thai, false propaganda about the achievements of western fighters in Thailand, complete ignorance about the landscape of both sports and consequent ignorant assessment of the quality of a few fighters at the expense of hundreds of others...mostly compliance with the narratives of his bros and being in a position to allow the bullshit to spread out; not one thing in particular. he just doesn't know shit about kickboxing/muay thai and gets all his info from a small group of bro-sources and runs with it. and he's in a position where a whole lot of people get their info from him - resulting in misconceptions/false narratives spreading out.
I see what you mean & I never realized it before. He's had guys like Joseph Valtellini, Bang Ludwig, & Joe Schilling on his podcast, but for the life of me I can't remember him ever doing any shows on western Muay Thai fighters. They're all excellent fighters & athletes, & Valtellini in particular seemed like really nice guy, but no Muay Thai fighters.

* Almost forgot about John Wayne Parr (thanks The Sound of Violence @The Sound of Violence), but I see your point. He does seem skewed towards Dutch style kickboxers.

Last edited:

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I see what you mean & I never realized it before. He's had guys like Joseph Valtellini, Bang Ludwig, & Joe Schilling on his podcast, but for the life of me I can't remember him ever doing any shows on western Muay Thai fighters. They're all excellent fighters & athletes, & Valtellini in particular seemed like really nice guy, but no Muay Thai fighters.
he's had some western nak muays on it and it's just part of the same problem - the Kevin Rosses of the world who get to act like muay thai gods with no one to keep them in check.

I've seen both Schilling and Valtellini downplaying the use of elbows in stand up fighting and acting like it's some sort of unfair weapon; and Valtellini is the exact kind of guy who tries to sneak a point across that muay thai is not dominant in kickboxing. just in the last Glory event, the undersized, outgunned thai Petpanomrung won the Glory FW tournament, against a Glory former champion, despite having 2 fights of experience in kickboxing and instead of acknowledging how badass that is, the commentary crew couldn't stop highlighting how much the thais have to adapt when crossing over to kickboxing and how Petpanomrung has to improve his boxing.