Anyone else absolutely hate Joe...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
What do Gay Pride and transformers have to do with Dana White and the Fertittas? They should all use the same bathroom IMO.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Ok easy on the Zuffa PR Dana nutriding there. MMA would have been fine without he or the Fertittas.

I agree Joe isn't exactly responsible for much, but he has been the voice a whole generation of fans have grown up with. Someone may have been able to do it better, but it's been a gift that there was someone in the booth all these years who actually trained.
I think the educating Joe does in regards to the ground game is his biggest influence. He manages to explain it to the layman without sounding completely monotonous, which is extremely valuable to new fans.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
What do Dana White and the Fertittas have to do with Pride?
Jesus... Without a show like Pride and the UFC, MMA would be NOWHERE.

MMA would be around, but it'd be absolutely minor had we not had those big organisations to bring it to the masses.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

MMA would be around, but it'd be absolutely minor had we not had those big organisations to bring it to the masses.
It was better before it went mainstream anyways

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

Again, what does Dana have to do with Pride?

And what do you think was happening around UFC 29 and 30?

M

member 3289

Rogan? That guy, man, that guy, he grinds my gears like NO OTHER in MMA.

Just listening to him go on about Fedor (and anyone and anything in general).

"Oh it's out of him and Cain as the GOAT at HW"

"Mirko was a good win"

Hardly acknowledges the fact that when Fedor beat Nog, Nog was THE BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET. And Fedor MAULED him, bad. And he was SUPERMAN PUNCHING in and out of Nog's guard like it was the guard of a friggin white belt!!!!

Mirko was a FANTASTIC win. Especially considering that Fedor OUTSTRUCK him and demoralised him.

Then Fedor cleared up until Werdum.

Then he bangs on about Cain. God almighty, the hard-on he has for Cain gets bigger by the second, I swear.

"Cain had world class cardio, man".

Er, no, no he didn't. NOBDY expects HW's to fight like LW's, so when a HW comes in and is more active than usual it DOES NOT MEAN they have world class cardio. Where was that cardio in Mexico when Werdum was piecing him up? How about in other fights at sea-level when Cain wall stalls everyone and his head is as f*cking purple as a plum? And who did he beat NOT named Junior Dos Santos and Bigfoot Silva? Didn't face Reem, Stipe, Hunt, Arlovski, Mir... Ok, you can make a case for him beating them, but vice-versa too.

"But Cain was wheel kicking Travis" So? Mirko was AXE KICKING Hunt.

Cain does have some very good wins. But I don't think ANYONE is going to include them in top 3 discussions when talking about HW GOAT contenders.

Everything MMA related with him is that the UFC then and now is ALWAYS better. Not true.

Then he bangs on about pot. This is a guy who took up smoking at the age of THIRTY. Most people are done with it by then.

Then he talks about healthy diets and gives his advice. Like a guy on 40 pills a day, and some of them are for "brain function", is a guy to get health advice from.

I'm veering off topic a bit now, but when this guy gets his claws into a fighter and falls for them, christ above, there is ZERO reasoning with him. His bias is unrivalled, IMHO.

I'm off to get some fresh air...
I think the bigger issue here is your random and nonsensical capitalization.

Nobody needs to say that about Dana. But if we want to cut it down the middle, tell me this...

Who got the F.Bros to invest MILLIONS into this sport? Dana did.

Who has put in more work than anyone getting it to where it is today? Dana.

You and me both know that if Rogan went it wouldn't be the end of the world, but if Dana went then there'd be serious trouble.

Rogan, for me, isn't even the best announcer that's been in MMA. Quadros was miles better. Joe just screams "werrrrrrh" when someone gets rocked.

Point being is that Joe is replaceable and life would go on without him. He's not mount rushmore when it comes to influential figures in MMA, IMHO.

Dana isn't replaceable and alongside a few others is the reason we're having this debate.
Dana is the biggest star the UFC ever created and this is why they are in a fucking slump right now. He doesn't seem to know how to promote anyone as effectively as he knows how to promote himself and without the Fertitas to let him do that, he's like a quarterback that doesn't know how to pass and only knows how to run the ball himself.. Dana seemed like he was earnest in the beginning, but now? No f'n way. He's even more about Dana than Joe is about Joe.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Dana is the biggest star the UFC ever created and this is why they are in a fucking slump right now. He doesn't seem to know how to promote anyone as effectively as he knows how to promote himself and without the Fertitas to let him do that, he's like a quarterback that doesn't know how to pass and only knows how to run the ball himself.. Dana seemed like he was earnest in the beginning, but now? No f'n way. He's even more about Dana than Joe is about Joe.
You would have been right... in 2009. Conor is the biggest star the UFC has ever created.

Would the UFC have EVER let Rousey, GSP or Brock do a cross-over fight with a Boxer under THEIR rules? VERY doubtful.

Ask yourself why they're letting Conor do it. They have no choice, that's why.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Rogan? That guy, man, that guy, he grinds my gears like NO OTHER in MMA.

Just listening to him go on about Fedor (and anyone and anything in general).

"Oh it's out of him and Cain as the GOAT at HW"

"Mirko was a good win"

Hardly acknowledges the fact that when Fedor beat Nog, Nog was THE BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET. And Fedor MAULED him, bad. And he was SUPERMAN PUNCHING in and out of Nog's guard like it was the guard of a friggin white belt!!!!

Mirko was a FANTASTIC win. Especially considering that Fedor OUTSTRUCK him and demoralised him.

Then Fedor cleared up until Werdum.

Then he bangs on about Cain. God almighty, the hard-on he has for Cain gets bigger by the second, I swear.

"Cain had world class cardio, man".

Er, no, no he didn't. NOBDY expects HW's to fight like LW's, so when a HW comes in and is more active than usual it DOES NOT MEAN they have world class cardio. Where was that cardio in Mexico when Werdum was piecing him up? How about in other fights at sea-level when Cain wall stalls everyone and his head is as f*cking purple as a plum? And who did he beat NOT named Junior Dos Santos and Bigfoot Silva? Didn't face Reem, Stipe, Hunt, Arlovski, Mir... Ok, you can make a case for him beating them, but vice-versa too.

"But Cain was wheel kicking Travis" So? Mirko was AXE KICKING Hunt.

Cain does have some very good wins. But I don't think ANYONE is going to include them in top 3 discussions when talking about HW GOAT contenders.

Everything MMA related with him is that the UFC then and now is ALWAYS better. Not true.

Then he bangs on about pot. This is a guy who took up smoking at the age of THIRTY. Most people are done with it by then.

Then he talks about healthy diets and gives his advice. Like a guy on 40 pills a day, and some of them are for "brain function", is a guy to get health advice from.

I'm veering off topic a bit now, but when this guy gets his claws into a fighter and falls for them, christ above, there is ZERO reasoning with him. His bias is unrivalled, IMHO.

I'm off to get some fresh air...
Can't read whole thread right now. You can't really hate Joe. He's The Ultimate Frat Boy -- meaning, of all the dudes in the world who would be in a frat, and not leave because of the dumbness of the other frat idiots (thinking, because benevolent, and just enough not-smarter than them to feel he could outlast their stupidity and CHANGE them that he would stay "inside"), he is about as good as it gets.

He's like 125-138 IQ (I can't believe he's over 140 with how much social acceptance influences his actions), and clearly genuinely well-intentioned (unlike 95% of fuckfaces who would be in a frat), genuinely a truth seeker (unlike 80-95% of frat/mediocre people, period), and he continues to be that as his fame grows.

He is changing all those dumb fucks, against their will, with his siren call of genuine seeking, limited as it may be by his basic frat-guy-core-mentality.

Inside, on the bottom line, I want him dead.

But, among those who should be dead, he is a leader among them who has some power to shift them away from the worst dregs of their stupidity's thirst.

Long live Joe Hogan.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm somewhat serious. The fandom of "MMA" is mostly shitbags -- far more than practitioners, among whom shitbags mostly get weeded out, as all practitioners know -- who are the lowest of the low in society (bloodthirsty, not remotely critical-thinking idiots). Many of them are led to being better than themselves by Rogan being in the position he's in.

In a way, as big as the sport is now, and as inevitable as that likely was based on the content of the sport itself and human nature, that is practically an argument for the existence of a benevolent God.

You would have been right... in 2009. Conor is the biggest star the UFC has ever created.

Would the UFC have EVER let Rousey, GSP or Brock do a cross-over fight with a Boxer under THEIR rules? VERY doubtful.

Conor made a star out of Conor McGregor whereas Dana, via the UFC made a star out of Dana White.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

they arent letting conor do anything. it is not a done deal until it is signed on the dotted line.until then it is all talk

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Never been a fan.
I don't find him funny as a comedian, insightful as a commentator or entertaining as a podcaster or tv host.
Basically anything he's done. Going back to NewsRadio.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Never been a fan.
I don't find him funny as a comedian, insightful as a commentator or entertaining as a podcaster or tv host.
Basically anything he's done. Going back to NewsRadio.
liked him in Newsradio. He does an excellent job of playing the meathead role.

He seems like he's trying to better himself...yeah he has a bit of an ego but c'mon, if any one of us had managed to roll the dice as well as he has then we'd have one too.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Some people run on rhetoric. But they hit a ceiling with it and then hyperbolic thoughts start sprawling around like the GREATEST OCTOPUS ASSASSIN THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN trying to kill our families with squirted toxic inky goop while fluttering around like a hideous embarrassed muscle upside down and confused.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
honestly Cain is overrated IMO
vastly

I might put cain top 10

Fedor
Fabricio
Overeem
Mirko
all are much more proven and have better resumes
Just out of curiosity, how the fuck don't you include Stipe in that list?