Anyone else do bodyweight workouts for strength?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I don't want to do high rep stuff and that us really the challenge; to find exercises that are effective muscle builders using bodyweight. I think I'm there though, or near enough.
I just watched your fights in thst other thread. You sexy beast

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Leigh @Leigh school me on the "calorie surplus"theory to gain size, I get that it works for hypertrophy of indiscriminate quality but how about the slow and steady method of enough protein to build lean quality mass over decades?

Hows that for a leading question?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Leigh @Leigh school me on the "calorie surplus"theory to gain size, I get that it works for hypertrophy of indiscriminate quality but how about the slow and steady method of enough protein to build lean quality mass over decades?

Hows that for a leading question?
You need protein to build muscle. If you do not eat your maintenance calories, you will start to lose weight. If you have a lot of fat, eat a lot of protein and lift weights, you could in theory maintain or even build muscle while in a caloric deficit.

Feb 28, 2015

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I don't want to do high rep stuff and that is really the challenge; to find exercises that are effective muscle builders using bodyweight. I think I'm there though, or near enough.
Have you ever thought about gymnastics rings?

They do wonders for strength and work your body as a whole, I feel considerably stronger since having started (I don't even do it that often) and its fun once you start building up a routine.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Have you ever thought about gymnastics rings?

They do wonders for strength and work your body as a whole, I feel considerably stronger since having started (I don't even do it that often) and its fun once you start building up a routine.
Yeah but if I'm going to install equipment, I may as well get a rack

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
Yeah but if I'm going to install equipment, I may as well get a rack
Yeah it depends whether you have a place to hang them tbh, I hang them from support beams on my garage so it was an easy fit.

Would highly suggest them either way, you notice a huge difference from the bar and, worst case scenario, you can hang it from a tree :D

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Yeah it depends whether you have a place to hang them tbh, I hang them from support beams on my garage so it was an easy fit.

Would highly suggest them either way, you notice a huge difference from the bar and, worst case scenario, you can hang it from a tree :D
Landlord wouldn't notice four half inch holes in a 12 foot ceiling would he? Thanks for that the bar is quite limiting.

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
Landlord wouldn't notice four half inch holes in a 12 foot ceiling would he? Thanks for that the bar is quite limiting.
First off, that SN is glorious!
I didn't even drill anything, I just passed the rings through the strap so its tied on ;)

This page had some good info when I was looking at where to put them.
Hammerhead Strength Equipment: How to Install or Mount Gymnastics Rings

I just tied them on the rafters for a quick session and then it worked so I left it like that. Recently I added another beam connecting two parallel rafters, so that I can adjust the width of the space of the rings, so that's an alternative if the rafters aren't as close or too close to your liking. If you don't have them, just drill holes and then put some silicone in it or smth, doubt it'd be a problem.

Last edited:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Another update:

Getting stronger and bigger. This routine works great. Additionally, it's very versatile. Last week I was in Lisbon. Week before I was in Lanzarote. Last month I was in Tenerife. Just find a park and work out. A lot of places have work out stations for public use.

Of course, most places have gyms too but I don't need to find one. Worst comes to worst I can do dips with two chairs. I did weighted split squats yesterday with a chunk of concrete we found by the side of the road.

It's also quite fun with low risk of injury.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I'm about to move into an apt complex with a park and one of those "fitness trails" with the various stations you can do pull-ups, dips, whatever. I'm stoked to start my ghetto workouts...

Can't decide if I want to do this workout:

...or this one: