General Anyone else hate talking on the phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

But seriously I can't stand talking on the phone. I've rejected people's calls and then texted them right after saying "yeah what's up?"

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I either text or email I would only own a tablet instead of a smartphone if I could but my job makes me get a smart phone.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I spend most of my days on the phone with customers, so when the day ends, I don't want to talk to anyone on it. Anyone else feel the same way?
my great-grandpa hated talking on the phone. He'd have 5-word conversations on the phone, including "Hello" and "Bye".

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I talk to get stuff done. I don't do waffle or drawn out conversations. The wife hates it.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I talk to get stuff done. I don't do waffle or drawn out conversations. The wife hates it.
My girlfriend calls to shoot the shit and I'm just sitting there listening wondering when she's coming over and what we're having for dinner. The only person that I always answer is my mom. Especially now that my dad died. Otherwise, a phone call feels like bullshit to me. It's more intrusive and even more impersonal at times. Just send me a text and I'll get back to you when it's convenient and I have a written record of what was said to make it easier to call you out on your bullshit. So that's neat.

M

member 3289

It's been a while bc we've both been busy, but I used to talk to Joemacka @Joemacka maybe twice a month or so.

It took me at least a month to get used to his accent (he's from Yorkshire). I felt bad having to ask him to repeat himself at first so I would just blame the "bad" connection.

M

member 3289

This whole phone call thing seems generational.

What I mean by that is that most Gen-Xers are shit with technology and aren't comfortable sending texts.

I have honestly lost 2 different Gen-X friends bc of my refusal to answer their phone calls.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
This whole phone call thing seems generational.

What I mean by that is that most Gen-Xers are shit with technology and aren't comfortable sending texts.

I have honestly lost 2 different Gen-X friends bc of my refusal to answer their phone calls.
When are you going answer my letters?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Mine too. I tell her all the time, I talk on the phone 30+ hours a week. I don’t want to talk on it anymore. Nothing personal.