Lifestyle Anyone Else Have Allergies?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Shellfish. I can handle a shrimp, prawn or 2 but crab will kill me.

Grew up on the coast and never developed the allergy until I was 13
Same here. I grew up east coast and always ate a tonne of shellfish. Now if I eat too much I have a reaction. I wouldn’t be surprised if you developed some sort of metal allergy. I could be wrong but I seem to be fine with most seafood but with the sifting (clams/muscles) I can have a reaction, I figured it was because they filter water and pick up small amounts of metal. I only noticed it a couple of years ago after I ate about a bucket of clams.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Same here. I grew up east coast and always ate a tonne of shellfish. Now if I eat too much I have a reaction. I wouldn’t be surprised if you developed some sort of metal allergy. I could be wrong but I seem to be fine with most seafood but with the sifting (clams/muscles) I can have a reaction, I figured it was because they filter water and pick up small amounts of metal. I only noticed it a couple of years ago after I ate about a bucket of clams.
Mollusks I'm fine with it' crustaceans that bugger me

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
Cheap shot out of the way. I feel your pain CMNH. My face is sensitive as hell and I get red with stress and I get something I don’t know if it’s psoriasis or eczema . Out of nowhere I got an allergy to nickel and I’m getting weird allergic like reactions. My doctor has me on a cream that is a mix of ketoderm and metronidazole and it seems to help. I’m going to try this coconut oil thing.
Shaving fucks my neck up. I have tried every shaving cream and every blade and almost gave up but I just bought this razor here, and it’s saved my face.

I know an electric blade feels like a no go, I tried one years ago and it gave me ingrown hairs to hell, but this thing doesn’t cut that close. They first sold it as a beard trimmer but it does a decent close shave, not quite as close as a straight blade but it’s a good shave and doesn’t mess up my face.
Straight Edge Razor | TMMAC - The MMA Community Forum

Have you tried traditional shaving? I was having all kinds of problems with cartridge razors irritating skin and setting eczema off. I don't know if its the change of blades or using the natural shaving soaps or both, but my skin has improved 1000% since I switched.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Straight Edge Razor | TMMAC - The MMA Community Forum

Have you tried traditional shaving? I was having all kinds of problems with cartridge razors irritating skin and setting eczema off. I don't know if its the change of blades or using the natural shaving soaps or both, but my skin has improved 1000% since I switched.
Yeah, I've been using one for the last couple years. It's definitely better than a cartridge blade, but I still get a lot of ingrowns.

M

member 3289

I would never put steroids on my face without a doctor's supervision
Funny you mention this. I have an acne-like rash looking thing in a nearly perfect ring around my eye area where the eczema was (and where I was applying the cream 2-3x a day).

Not anywhere in the area that I was using the cream, but right around it, like it's a clear reaction to the cream.

Anyway I stopped using the cream 3 or 4 days ago since the eczema is gone. If the rash doesnt go away I'll go back to my doctor.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Funny you mention this. I have an acne-like rash looking thing in a nearly perfect ring around my eye area where the eczema was (and where I was applying the cream 2-3x a day).

Not anywhere in the area that I was using the cream, but right around it, like it's a clear reaction to the cream.

Anyway I stopped using the cream 3 or 4 days ago since the eczema is gone. If the rash doesnt go away I'll go back to my doctor.
I am prone to telling people that we need to "unmedicate" the patient or my favorite...
"the patients survive despite the medical care".

I try to make light of it, but there's a lot of wisdom in backing off and realizing that the risk of adverse outcomes from interventions (n) is not just linear but factorial (n!)

M

member 3289

I am prone to telling people that we need to "unmedicate" the patient or my favorite...

I try to make light of it, but there's a lot of wisdom in backing off and realizing that the risk of adverse outcomes from interventions (n) is not just linear but factorial (n!)
As long as this rash goes away I'll still be happy though. I had the eczema for 6 months.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Wait a minute. Are you one of those doctors that doesn't just shove drugs at people?

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

When I was recovering from getting stabbed in the groin they had me on a catheter because I couldn't piss right. Turned out it was the opiates that kept me from pissing.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
im pretty much allergic to everything but i hate allergy meds so i usually just suffer. shellfish is another thing tho. i dont fuck with those dirty terrorists of the sea.i can get a hive just walking by the tanks at the back of the grocery store

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Oh damn son... You ain't livin
It's one of those weird allergies I grew into as an adult, and 7up doesn't bother me, so it must be one of their propriety "flavors" that I'm allergic to. Luckily as an adult, I have no interest in drinking 7up.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It's one of those weird allergies I grew into as an adult, and 7up doesn't bother me, so it must be one of their propriety "flavors" that I'm allergic to. Luckily as an adult, I have no interest in drinking 7up.

You're missing a great endorsement opportunity. Imagine 7 Up trotting you out, You have a drink of the 7UP with that refreshing "ahhhhh" noise after the first sip..

Then they bring out Sprite. They don't necessarily say that you have a Sprite allergy. You drink the slightest bit of Sprite and instantly go into anaphylaxis requiring The Stand by medical crew to inject with an epinephrine shot and protect your Airway.

It would be the greatest sales campaign since Coca-Cola got rid of New Coke.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You're missing a great endorsement opportunity. Imagine 7 Up trotting you out, You have to leave drink with 7UP would that refreshing "ahhhhh" noise after the first sip..

Then they bring out Sprite. They don't necessarily say that you have a Sprite allergy. You drink the slightest bit of Sprite and instantly go into anaphylaxis requiring The Stand by medical crew to inject with an epinephrine shot and protect your Airway.

It would be the greatest sales campaign since Coca-Cola got rid of New Coke.
Hmmm...