Cinema Anyone else hyped about Logan?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Surprised that the Reavers were a bunch of pussies, especially Pierce and poor Krzysztof Soszyński. They were much more badass in the comics.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Surprised that the Reavers were a bunch of pussies, especially Pierce and poor Krzysztof Soszyński. They were much more badass in the comics.
How badass can you possibly be when you're chasing someone you can't hurt?

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
They can certainly hurt old man Logan. Hell, they didn't even kill old balls Charles or Caliban.

What was their bodycount? A badly injured woman killed offscreen?

Even the doctor said they were pussies.

In theory, they should have been trying to kill all of the kids.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
They can certainly hurt old man Logan. Hell, they didn't even kill old balls Charles or Caliban.

What was their bodycount? A badly injured woman killed offscreen?

Even the doctor said they were pussies.

In theory, they should have been trying to kill all of the kids.
Their job was to apprehend the girl, the others held no relevance other than that they were in the way. They were mid trigger pull on Xavier before he freaked the fuck out. Caliban they held hostage. If you're going to go "well in the comics..." on that movie there were way more relevant problems than the Reavers.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
That's my point. The Reavers were supposed to be a huge problem. Pierce was hyped as a big bad, like he was in the comics. Instead, they were a bunch of red shirts.

Also, huge plot hole that they tried to capture the kids when the nurse explained that they were supposed to be killed after the doctor moved on to X24.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
That's my point. The Reavers were supposed to be a huge problem. Pierce was hyped as a big bad, like he was in the comics. Instead, they were a bunch of red shirts.
Have you read the comics that the movie was (very) loosely based on? There were no Reavers. They were just added in to be employees of Alikili.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Also, huge plot hole that they tried to capture the kids when the nurse explained that they were supposed to be killed after the doctor moved on to X24.
That was explained in the cell phone video. Unless you mean that they weren't killed on sight in the forest. It's possible by then the orders had changed.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Comics Reavers capture and CRUCIFY a fully powered Wolverine and scare the other XMen into completely abandoning their lives.

Movie Reavers kill one badly injured woman off screen. smh

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I'm shocked that Deadpool did better with fewer theaters on opening weekend than Logan.

name/year / theaters playing / opening weekend adjusted to 2017

Deadpool / 2016 / 3,558 / $134 million

Logan / 2017 / 4,071 / $85.3 million

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
I'm shocked that Deadpool did better with fewer theaters on opening weekend than Logan.

name/year / theaters playing / opening weekend adjusted to 2017

Deadpool / 2016 / 3,558 / $134 million

Logan / 2017 / 4,071 / $85.3 million

If i had to guess it is because the solo wolverine movies had not been very good up to this point. It might do better than Deadpool next weekend now that people have heard it does not suck.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
If i had to guess it is because the solo wolverine movies had not been very good up to this point. It might do better than Deadpool next weekend now that people have heard it does not suck.
I hope so. After I saw the first preview I knew I was going opening weekend. But, I have read a lot of Old Man Logan and have been a fan of Xmen since I was a kid.

M

member 1013

For the first two months on this forum I thought that Priziesthorse @Priziesthorse name was @Priesthorse. I still read it that way when his name comes up in a thread.

And I agree that he should go see this. Laura's performance is bloody incredible and worth the price of admission.
I thought that as well

In my defender I'm illiterate

I have a helper that reads the forums aloud to me and whom I dictate posts to

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Comics Reavers capture and CRUCIFY a fully powered Wolverine and scare the other XMen into completely abandoning their lives.

Movie Reavers kill one badly injured woman off screen. smh
Reavers aren't in Old Man Logan. They're literally just a space filler to give the movie some more characters. You're letting what you wanted the movie to be get in the way of what it was. Seems to be a somewhat common theme. It's the best comic book based movie ever made, and people are complaining that it wasn't enough this or that for their liking. I really don't get it.

Last edited:

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
For the first two months on this forum I thought that Priziesthorse @Priziesthorse name was @Priesthorse. I still read it that way when his name comes up in a thread.

And I agree that he should go see this. Laura's performance is bloody incredible and worth the price of admission.
until recently, i read it as "prizie's horse"