Anyone else in the Northeast/Mass area getting destroyed by snow right now?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
4 am here right now, in the middle of an absolutely crazy storm. Power went out for an hour, have been up since and am bored outta my mind. I wish I was able to capture the storm on video, I tried with a shitty cell phone camera but you can't tell how crazy it is.

The wind is what's making it insane. I walked across the street a few minutes ago and within a minute my footprints, about a foot and a half deep into the snow, were completely buried by the new snow falling.

If anyone of you don't believe me, bros, Monday Night Raw was actually cancelled tonight (YES, for the first time ever brother). I guess they were going to be in Hartford (20 mins from my place) and had to call off the entire show because this is happening. Brother, when Vincent Kennedy McMahon says no, you know shit is serious

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Anyway, not sure if anyone else is even awake, but I cannot stand living in the north east anymore.. Fuck spending half of my life, 6 months a year, in this shit. California one day

To possible readers: Anyone interested in old NHB/MMA events? Was gonna share some tonight, but if the power goes in and out I may wait for tomorrow.

Other random musings... Lesnar looks pretty fucking slimmed down, way less gigantic than when he first came back to WWE. Gotta wonder if that means he is indeed going back to MMA soon. He's definitely the most high profile free agent in all combat sports. WWE wants him, UFC does and Bellator would pony up gigantic Viacom money to get him. With the WWE losing Punk to the UFC, I wonder if they'd fork out a huge blank check for Brock just to retain his services. I doubt Vince wants his 2 top stars to go to the UFC within 6 months of each other

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
A girl I know from my city just posted this on her Twitter an hour or two ago. I can't get shit for pics, and this is before the height really started to add up, but the amount of snow we are getting + the insane wind right now (which you can kinda tell by looking up at the street light area) is crazy

Can't wait to wake up and shovel for hours

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...?event=event25

A “crippling” blizzard that could drop up to 3 feet of wet, heavy snow amid whiteout conditions is set to move into the region Monday afternoon.

“This storm definitely has the capability of being not only historic but also catastrophic,” said Benjamin Sipprell, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Taunton. The weather service issued a blizzard warning in effect from 7 p.m. Monday to 1 a.m. Wednesday.

Bros... If I die, then IWEI gets my DVD/Tape/Digital fight collection.

Goldie Wilson III

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Damn bro that sounds nuts. I'm from Toronto which is weird because almost all the guys from EVILYOSHIDA.COM are from Canada for some reason and we understand what you are going through.

It's funny because I am in South Florida visiting family right now and it's 54 degrees which is pretty cold for them. they rarely drop below 65 even in the winter. Stay safe up there friend.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Man, we went near the entire winter without snow and now we've been getting blasted for days. Shit sucks.

Like I said.. When the WWE has to shut down, you know it's over : (

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Not there anymore. Good luck if you are. Grew up in Connecticut and left 1 1/2 years ago because of that reason. Snow sucks when it is unwanted.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Galanis, I hope you live to be 100 my man...but I'm holding you to that, if I outlast you :)

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Waking up today and it's not so bad. We didn't get crushed with 3-4 feet like the papers were saying... Closer to 18 inches. However, when the storm was actually happening, it was fucking insane, especially due to the high winds. Like I said, I lost power a few times.

Was always really fun today to shovel for 2 hours with an injured back.. Gotta love New England. Stillmatic, I am about to do the same within the next 4-5 years, hopefully before I turn 30. I'd love to pack up and head to Cali. (great name BTW, although Illmatic was better haha)

IWEI, I'll hook you up with copies even while I'm alive, we'll figure it out haha

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Stillmatic;n8115 said:
Not there anymore. Good luck if you are. Grew up in Connecticut and left 1 1/2 years ago because of that reason. Snow sucks when it is unwanted.
YUP!!!! Stillmatic was part of the migration south....it was a beautiful 78 in Dallas today!!!! I love wearing shorts and a t shirt with flip flops to work.........in janurary

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Galanis;n8465 said:
Waking up today and it's not so bad. We didn't get crushed with 3-4 feet like the papers were saying... Closer to 18 inches. However, when the storm was actually happening, it was fucking insane, especially due to the high winds. Like I said, I lost power a few times.

Was always really fun today to shovel for 2 hours with an injured back.. Gotta love New England. Stillmatic, I am about to do the same within the next 4-5 years, hopefully before I turn 30. I'd love to pack up and head to Cali. (great name BTW, although Illmatic was better haha)

IWEI, I'll hook you up with copies even while I'm alive, we'll figure it out haha
Best move my wife, Stillmatic and I made, not Cali though. The wife and i lived there at the same time but before we knew each other, fuck that shit. Texas on the other hand has been the bee's knees.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
^^^^ The company that I work for is based in Arlington, and I visit the office 3-4 times a year. Next time I'm out that way, dinner is on me.