Anyone else not excited for Nunes vs Pennington?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Bob Carson MMA

Independent Podcaster who doesn't have a "hustle."
Oct 13, 2017
Is anyone else not excited for this fight? There are a few drawbacks for me. Number 1, Amanda and Raquel are too close, IMO. I follow these two on Instagram and they are all lovey-dovey. Sure, friends have fought each other before, but there is something different about these two. Although I don't like the "bad blood" nonsense, I don't want to see 2 fighters about to fight hanging out every chance they get. Second, styles make fights. Raquel is very well- rounded and tough, but she is not an exciting fighter. There is no way she is going to KO Amanda. No submissions will take place in this fight. Amanda wins a 5 round UD

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I like Raquel, so I’m in to support her. I’m also happy to root against Amanda “Netti Pot” Nunes ever since she dropped out of the Shevchenko fight due to her sinuses. Still, I fear this will be a one sided beat down win for Amanda, so I’m not excited for the fight. I wish Holly were still the champ.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Didn't know about this fight until this thread

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
WMMA is reallllly struggling without the old emotional wreck that is now a WWE woman. I havent found it entertaining outside of Rose vs Joanna for ages now

M

member 3289

nunes was too concerned with proving to herself she could go five rounds. She said that. I would hope that if they did fight again...she would actually fight.
I can't disagree that she was definitely conserving energy early, but I didn't have a problem with the decision.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
I'm pretty excited about it, but mainly just because I think people sleep on Rocky. She won that Holly fight and if she didn't get fucked by that decision she'd be undefeated since 2014.

Hell I'd still pick her over Cyborg due to the style matchup, but to be fair I also picked Tonya over Cris and have a legit wrestler bias haha

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Shit main event, not even a strong co main to me. I wonder how FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC feels about this fight as a main event of a ppv with a raised price of 65 dollars.

I have yet to see a single fan say this are pumped for this fight. I could give a shit about the semantics of it being a title fight, this is a shit main and co main event, at best this is the middle fight of a PPV or headliner for a free Fs1 card.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
WMMA is reallllly struggling without the old emotional wreck that is now a WWE woman. I havent found it entertaining outside of Rose vs Joanna for ages now
It struggled from day 1 with me......I thank fuck the time difference is our friend and I can record and ff through all the bullshit

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
At work, can't play audio what does the dude say
It's a show about depressing mma fights. They have a good bad fight, a bad bad fight, and a fight that should have been better. Shevchenko vs Nunes II was the last one.

The other two fights were Kimo vs TK and Fitch vs Gono haha

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's a show about depressing mma fights. They have a good bad fight, a bad bad fight, and a fight that should have been better. Shevchenko vs Nunes II was the last one.

The other two fights were Kimo vs TK and Fitch vs Gono haha

Ahhh, I think for me why I want to see it is that the fight Nunes and Valentina is that I felt Valentina was kind of robbed, was not the best fight though I will say that.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I think there are a lot of intriguing strawweights. WBW is rough, and 145 is pretty much nonexistent, though.