General Anyone follow cryptocurrencies (bit coin, ethereum, etc.) ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Purchased $1000 of Ethereum a week ago (around $70/ETH). It's been a good week.
$500 bucks gained in 7 days.

This is of course missing the big surge from less than $10/ETH earlier this year.

The new bump will gain some more and this will probably shoot up to $500 or more before the year is out.

This is all bubble due to speculation right now. It'll be highly volatile and is just mirroring the same thing that happened with bitcoin (BTC) from 2010-2014. But faster.

Final price to be determined, but after some coming speculation and volatility, it will settle at something pretty high. Maybe a couple hundred bucks I would guess.

ETH is making two big moves 1> increased acceptance in the American tech industry for contracts 2> moves to minimize inflation and stabilize prices by lowering mining pay (google bitcoin mining). This will keep prices high after a period of speculation this year while people try to get in on the next bitcoin surge.

Buy ETH if you see it crash below $100. Its going to at some point before stabilizing. It may bounce down to $50-60 again in the near term which would be prime to get in more.

Unexpectedly, Ripple exploded this week:

Ripple passed ETH in market cap, but that is based on pure speculation on some Asian markets and industry adoption. I am not trying to follow that as I can't keep up with nuance and coming market signals with the Asian focus. It'll crash and then settle to where the Asian market supports, but its gonna be a good one if you can follow the Asian business markets.
There's some industry moves of trying to stabilize Ripple in payment systems, but it still seems too much too fast. Billions gained in a day?

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I know guys on the Bitcoin train.
They're laughing.
I should have bought some when it was just 1000$. :((((

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I once bought bitcoin at 60 dollars each! now worth around 2k. fml, i should of stayed the course.

Good call on ETH. Hold them, don't sell, the markets there if your patient.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I once bought bitcoin at 60 dollars each! now worth around 2k. fml, i should of stayed the course.

Good call on ETH. Hold them, don't sell, the markets there if your patient.
you're*

I have no idea what any of this about.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
you're*

Crytocurrencies, if your patient, you can make a killing in the long run but it's a volatile market.

I wish i kept my bitcoin haul from around 2010 etc but sold them for a minor profit. I was an idiot.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It's monopoly money, and people are gambling on whether or not it has real value or not. The value is dictated by what people feel it is worth. Highly volatile. Win big or lose big.

PS - I have no idea what it's about either.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
2 days later...ETH going well. Will break $190 soon. I'll back out there for the short term and pick it back up during a volatile drop.
People will get hyped and scared at the round 200 or it'll make a big run before a correction. Gonna go all over the place.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Bitcoin is now $2000. Crazy
2300 average now.

Trading as high as 2800 in S Korea

It'll move up to 2500

There's some smaller currencies I'm ready to move into that will pay off. The issue is that BTC and ETH are seeing a huge run. That is dragging a lot of undeserved currencies along with it. Those without real structure will crash down and huge losses. There is going to be a volatile restructuring of rank in currencies ranked 5-10 in the top 10.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
2300 average now.

It'll move up to 2500

There's some smaller currencies I'm ready to move into that will pay off. The issue is that BTC and ETH are seeing a huge run. That is dragging a lot of undeserved currencies along with it. Those without real structure will crash down and huge losses. There is going to be a volatile restructuring of rank in currencies ranked 5-10 in the top 10.
jason73 @jason73 action fan boy pegged you solid m8

M

member 3289

2300 average now.

It'll move up to 2500

Have you heard of Montero?

I also just noticed LTC on my Coinbase app. No idea what that is

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I had bit coin and sold it off and used it up...was like 700 when I used/sold mine

Bitcoin broke at the moment :(

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Look at LTC 28 percent running in 24 hours!

ETC 40% gain in 24 hours!

Monero exploding!

M

member 3289

My friend who uses dark web marketplaces told me that a lot of people are trying to switch to Monero because it's allegedly safer

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty should I buy some Ethereum?

Around $171 now

I'd move on Litecoin if you want to speculate today

My Vision For SegWit And Lightning Networks On Litecoin And Bitcoin

ETH is supported by tech industy in USA and will be used more and more for contracts. I think its gonna shoot, drop, and then shoot some more. Buy ETH when you see a big dip. It'll shoot up more after that. This is time traveling the history of BTC as people try to duplicate what they missed on BTC.