Anyone good with TVs and hdmi?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I have this problem that just occurred last night. Sonia Bravia tv. Hook up my iPad through an hdmi cable. Used to be able to see the program from iPad but now can only hear sound, won't let me view the picture.
Message says "can't view while screen mirroring enabled". I have tried everything, checked the manual and googled but can't disable it......throwing this out there in the hopes someone might know the answer.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yea I've ran into this before, here's step by step how I fixed the problsm
  1. Power off ipad
  2. Throw iPad off high building
  3. Build HTPC out of a mix of new and used parts
  4. Buy amazon basics HDMI 1.3 or 1.2 cable
  5. Download pirated copy of Windows 7 ultimate
  6. Apply all updates
  7. Update to Windows 10
  8. Happiness

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Buy an EZ cast for £15. Wirelessly play movies on your TV, screen mirroring etc. I use mine everyday. I don't even torrent anymore, just stream whatever I want to watch and cast direct to the TV.

I'm happy to talk you through it if you get one.

Last edited:

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Settings and turn off screen mirroring. Try that out. May be that the doubling of the info is screwing things up for you.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
1. Subscribe to Amazon Prime
2. Marathon all seasons of The Great British Bake Off
3. ???
4. Profit

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
1. Subscribe to Amazon Prime
2. Marathon all seasons of The Great British Bake Off
3. ???
4. Profit
If you don't have amazon prime you should just move to a 3rd world country, unless you're already there, then it's understandable

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Please, edumucate me, what is so great about Amazon prime
The main thing I use it for it Prime Now (deliveries within 2 hours if your located in the correct area), prime shipping (2 day shipping on most things), a video service growing like Netflix, a pretty good music service, and I think there's a few other benefits. I still have access to my college email so I pay $49 a year. I think it's regularly $99 a year. As an example, I got sick of paying $20 to get my dogs nails clipped so I ordered a small/medium dog nail clipper for $4.99 at like 8:30 last night, it'll be here Monday, no extra charge.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Oh and there's a grocery service also but I'm not in the area for fresh stuff but I am for household cleaning supplies, detergent (you can get a button that you double sided tape to your washer and when your out of detergent you just press a button and they auto ship you one),and like canned foods, cereal stuff like that. I also have my hvac filters on auto buy so every 5 months I get 2 shipped to me automatically for cheaper than the store.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The main thing I use it for it Prime Now (deliveries within 2 hours if your located in the correct area), prime shipping (2 day shipping on most things), a video service growing like Netflix, a pretty good music service, and I think there's a few other benefits. I still have access to my college email so I pay $49 a year. I think it's regularly $99 a year. As an example, I got sick of paying $20 to get my dogs nails clipped so I ordered a small/medium dog nail clipper for $4.99 at like 8:30 last night, it'll be here Monday, no extra charge.
Yeah, I just ordered a sharpening stone on Friday and they delivered it this morning, ON A SUNDAY.

Plus, you can download Prime videos now so you can download a bunch of stuff at home on WiFi and watch it at work. You can't do that with Netflix. True their library is still growing, but I also use the student account for $50 a year, so you can't beat it.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Amazon prime is amazing. I get 5$ amazon cards roughly every 18 days so it pays for itself there and the 2 day shipping is worth it alone. Add in amazon music and the video service? Forget about it.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yea I've ran into this before, here's step by step how I fixed the problsm
  1. Power off ipad
  2. Throw iPad off high building
  3. Build HTPC out of a mix of new and used parts
  4. Buy amazon basics HDMI 1.3 or 1.2 cable
  5. Download pirated copy of Windows 7 ultimate
  6. Apply all updates
  7. Update to Windows 10
  8. Happiness
No fuck Windows 10. So many privacy and security issues. Stick to Win 7.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No fuck Windows 10. So many privacy and security issues. Stick to Win 7.
Lol if you're PC is hooked up to the Internet you don't have privacy, just an FYI. Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, xp, NT, iOS, Linux, none of it saves your privacy. Your ISP, NSA, hosting services for sites you visit etc etc already know everything about you. Do you have Facebook?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Lol if you're PC is hooked up to the Internet you don't have privacy, just an FYI. Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, xp, NT, iOS, Linux, none of it saves your privacy. Your ISP, NSA, hosting services for sites you visit etc etc already know everything about you. Do you have Facebook?
I believe you are right, they can spy on you anywhere, anytime they want to....

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
True however I would rather reduce the privacy intrusions when possible. Linux with an offshore VPN is about the best you'll get without driving around. Deleted my facebook years ago.

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Your average, every day person is not doing that.
I would agree. I am simply saying for anyone looking to block well-known privacy intrusions don't upgrade to Windows 10. Everyone should do their own research and decide what solution best fits them. Some people don't trust closed source at all.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I would agree. I am simply saying for anyone looking to block well-known privacy intrusions don't upgrade to Windows 10. Everyone should do their own research and decide what solution best fits them. Some people don't trust closed source at all.
I get where you are coming from, but honestly your average user isn't affected by what's in 10. That's not to say I agree with it or its not creepy, but unfortunately there are 2 sides to every coin.