General Anyone happen know a good DUI lawyer in Az?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I’m trying to help a young guy out. He’s 25 starting his way in life and his past has come back to bite him. He had a DUI when he was 19. He has a license now from another state but there are some issues back in AZ. I can’t do much from here. I need an AZ atty to push the right buttons so if anyone has a name let me know please.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I’m trying to help a young guy out. He’s 25 starting his way in life and his past has come back to bite him. He had a DUI when he was 19. He has a license now from another state but there are some issues back in AZ. I can’t do much from here. I need an AZ atty to push the right buttons so if anyone has a name let me know please.
ouch that is rough AZ has some harsh D.U.I laws compared to other states he will probably serve some jail time. how did he get a license with a warrant I'm assuming in AZ . I had a suspended license for like a month in 2007 because I didn't show up to court on a fix it windshield ticket.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm assuming you meant battery charge an assault charge is not actually striking a person
I've been told that before and doesn't seem consistent...

Arizona’s assault law can be found in the Arizona Revised Statutes 13-1203.

The statute reads,

A. A person commits assault by: 1. Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing any physical injury to another person; or 2. Intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury; or 3. Knowingly touching another person with the intent to injure, insult or provoke such person. B. Assault committed intentionally or knowingly pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 1 is a class 1 misdemeanor. Assault committed recklessly pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 1 or assault pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 2 is a class 2 misdemeanor. Assault committed pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 3 is a class 3 misdemeanor.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've been told that before and doesn't seem consistent...

Arizona’s assault law can be found in the Arizona Revised Statutes 13-1203.

The statute reads,

A. A person commits assault by: 1. Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing any physical injury to another person; or 2. Intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury; or 3. Knowingly touching another person with the intent to injure, insult or provoke such person. B. Assault committed intentionally or knowingly pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 1 is a class 1 misdemeanor. Assault committed recklessly pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 1 or assault pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 2 is a class 2 misdemeanor. Assault committed pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 3 is a class 3 misdemeanor.
In Arizona, the offense of battery is called aggravated assault. Depending on the status of the victim or acts committed, it can be charged as a Class 2 to Class 5 felony. If convicted of Aggravated Assault as a dangerous offense, even as a first offense, you will go to prison.

Typically, aggravated assault is charged when the defendant commits an assault in the following manner:

• Causes serious physical injury or substantial disfigurement to another
  • Uses a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument to intentionally place somebody in imminent fear of serious physical injury
  • Commits an ordinary assault on a public servant, such as a police officer, teacher, prosecutor, hospital staff or prison guard.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
ouch that is rough AZ has some harsh D.U.I laws compared to other states he will probably serve some jail time. how did he get a license with a warrant I'm assuming in AZ . I had a suspended license for like a month in 2007 because I didn't show up to court on a fix it windshield ticket.
This is odd and nothing like that. He plead out and did what was required (mostly) but he lived in another state. He went back home and renewed his license. He thought it was "funny" they were a day off on his birthday but never went back and fixed it. 6 years later he is responsible and just landed a great position that could have him set for life if he plays his cards right. He is now in a third state and went to renew his license. AZ has it flagged that he never put a breathalyzer in his car and went through their program. They called my GF who called me for advice.

I told him to hop on plane back to his home state and renew his license there and we will find an atty in AZ and get this settled in the mean time. This could cost him his job as he needs to drive a company car. Obviously he is very worried as this is his first break in life. He's a good guy that made a stupid mistake as a kid.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
This is odd and nothing like that. He plead out and did what was required (mostly) but he lived in another state. He went back home and renewed his license. He thought it was "funny" they were a day off on his birthday but never went back and fixed it. 6 years later he is responsible and just landed a great position that could have him set for life if he plays his cards right. He is now in a third state and went to renew his license. AZ has it flagged that he never put a breathalyzer in his car and went through their program. They called my GF who called me for advice.

I told him to hop on plane back to his home state and renew his license there and we will find an atty in AZ and get this settled in the mean time. This could cost him his job as he needs to drive a company car. Obviously he is very worried as this is his first break in life. He's a good guy that made a stupid mistake as a kid.
I wonder if could get a lawyer from las vegas for some reason las vegas has a ton of lawyers. AZ might have good lawyers too doe.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
shaun attwood talks about those jails/prisons in AZ they have a messed jail system over there.
I had a an ex GF spend some time with sheriff Joe. In other cases she stole from me and her family. I never pressed charges. Sometimes you never know what's really going on inside someones head. She eventually told me why she did it. She had some unfounded jealousy thing going on. It still makes me uncomfortable to think about. You have people around you who secretly harbor ill will towards you but suck your dick at the same time.