Personal Anyone here eat/drink shrooms?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Couldn't stomach them cold.

The hardest part was the stomach jitters after taking them, once the first half hour is past and you start to come up it's awesome.
Flavored with tea bags and the fresh lemon juice, it goes down pretty easy. I can't stand the taste of them since i've been sick a few times eating them dry. I have never had a stomach issue when I make tea, just gag reflex when I can taste the shroom flavor. I can't pug it when it's hot, so iced tea is the best way for me to get it down.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think it was my poor picking skills, there are other mushrooms that look very similar to psilocybin that grow in the same fields we used to pick. As I didn't get the stomach jitters that bad most times, I have a feeling that I might have had some of the others mixed in with that batch.
haha
that's will do it

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I think it was my poor picking skills, there are other mushrooms that look very similar to psilocybin that grow in the same fields we used to pick. As I didn't get the stomach jitters that bad most times, I have a feeling that I might have had some of the others mixed in with that batch.
Stomach issues are due to the veil breaking and spores dropping. The spores fuck your world up. If you have any shrooms that have black ink-like marks, it's from spores of surrounding mushrooms, and you will likely have stomach issues.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Stomach issues are due to the veil breaking and spores dropping. The spores fuck your world up. If you have any shrooms that have black ink-like marks, it's from spores of surrounding mushrooms, and you will likely have stomach issues.
Is that why closed caps are the shit? Those spores got some extra magic?

I have eaten all types stages of them and don't have a problem stomach wise...but I really do think my best times are when I pick out them closed caps.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Wish I'd known that 20 years ago! Good info.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Is that why closed caps are the shit?

I have eaten all types stages of them and don't have a problem stomach wise...but I really do think my best times are when I pick out them closed caps.
The correct time to harvest is up until the veil starts tearing. The most potent, by weight, will be the closed veil, but that is simply because they are smaller than mature mushrooms, and mushrooms are 90% water weight (hypothetically if we are talking cubensis and not getting into azures, cyans, pans etc...). Easy to control this indoors, not so easy picking wild.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The correct time to harvest is up until the veil starts tearing. The most potent, by weight, will be the closed veil, but that is simply because they are smaller than mature mushrooms, and mushrooms are 90% water weight (hypothetically if we are talking cubensis and not getting into azures, cyans, pans etc...). Easy to control this indoors, not so easy picking wild.
nice

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I once snorted some powdered dried shrooms, I was off my tits on MDMA at the time, that was a mad night.

I really did have a mis-spent youth! :)
In high school a couple buddies tried smoking shrooms. The look on their face made me just sit back and watch. I didn't hang out with very bright people, just like on this forum, so it's been a pattern I suppose.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
In high school a couple buddies tried smoking shrooms. The look on their face made me just sit back and watch. I didn't hang out with very bright people, just like on this forum, so it's been a pattern I suppose.
I tell you what, snorting them worked!

Fuck smoking them though lol.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
I will take your word for it. Call me a pussy if you will, but tea is just fine. Hits harder and faster, just doesn't last as long.
I doubt I'd have even tried snorting them if I wasn't already so wasted, the guy who had them just had a tin with the ground dried shrooms in, and I didn't have a drink to hand. I wasn't going to say"no" now was I? :D

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't know what to make of this picture. It looks like it's a part of the video where he is screaming BULLSHIT! Don't know if that's what you're implying, but I am speaking truth from experience and research on the subject.
No
Was saluting and taking notes

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Why are you slow cooking as opposed to doing a fast batch? I've only done fast batches and my understanding was you want to bring them to temperature fast, then simmer for 10-15 minutes, then be done with them. Heat can degrade them is what i've always been told, so fast is allegedly better. What say you?
I wasn’t the master shroomer here. My buddy that was doing it has been doing it this way for decades and I can confirm drinking this puts you in another realm. I’ll ask him why he does it this way though. He ended up getting in a funk over something, so we all decided to hold off on tripping last night and can hopefully get to it this evening.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I wasn’t the master shroomer here. My buddy that was doing it has been doing it this way for decades and I can confirm drinking this puts you in another realm. I’ll ask him why he does it this way though. He ended up getting in a funk over something, so we all decided to hold off on tripping last night and can hopefully get to it this evening.
The tea degrades, so if you don't drink it when it's made it's best to place it into an airtight container and freeze it. I don't know that a day after it is made makes much difference though.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
The tea degrades, so if you don't drink it when it's made it's best to place it into an airtight container and freeze it. I don't know that a day after it is made makes much difference though.
They sealed and refrigerated it. I didn’t even make a full drink and had a great trip. Found out shrooms and restoration of a 1980 EZGO golf cart is my new hobby. We rewired it, added LED headlights and taillights, used masking tape and Flex Seal to repair thee degraded rear rubber fenders, and repainted the body and roof with PlastiDip. I knew for sure it would look like shit after I woke up this morning, but it actually looks good lol