Lifestyle Anyone here own a business with employees?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Curious to see how many people are in a part of the ownership class. If so, what do you do and how many people are in your employ?

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Also, did you start the business or take it over from someone else? I am curious now

I own a construction company. Me and a business partner.

We do our own works and use sub contractors also.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Curious to see how many people are in a part of the ownership class. If so, what do you do and how many people are in your employ?
I did for 13 years and had 15-50 employees from year to year.
Finish carpentry

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Doctor stuff. Employ a few. Pay a share of a billing department.

I've also run several business before not related in which it was just me or one employee.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
So 3 question for all business owners. Over the last 5 years on average:

1) Have you frequently turned a profit?
2) What percentage of your pre-tax profits went to your labor (including benefits and healthcare)?
3) What percentage of your profits go to taxes and other regulatory expenses (e.g. permits, compliance, etc)?

I'm asking all of this because I'm interested in understanding the perspective of small business owners in today's economy.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Please rate how likely you are to buy each product below in the near future from 1-10, 10 being most likely, 1 being least likely.

Coca Cola
Doritos
Downy fabric softner
Bic pens
Depends adult diapers

M

member 1013

So 3 question for all business owners. Over the last 5 years on average:

1) Have you frequently turned a profit?
2) What percentage of your pre-tax profits went to your labor (including benefits and healthcare)?
3) What percentage of your profits go to taxes and other regulatory expenses (e.g. permits, compliance, etc)?

I'm asking all of this because I'm interested in understanding the perspective of small business owners in today's economy.

1) yes
2) about 28%
3) 35-40% if you include maintenance