General Anyone in Cali getting fucked by PG&E

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Read where they’re shutting off power for a week to mitigate risk of forest fires. Wtf???

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
yup. I'm in NorCal and lot of people are out of power. I was driving around the east bay last night and most of the freeway was pitch black.

luckily, our home is ok. I live near downtown San JOse so it's barely out of the power outage zone.

there's charging stations for cellphones and medical equipments at near by stadiums. sux for those who need medical attention, especially hospitals. Some traffic lights are not working so it makes rush hour traffic waay worse than ever.

M

member 3289

yup. I'm in NorCal and lot of people are out of power. I was driving around the east bay last night and most of the freeway was pitch black.

luckily, our home is ok. I live near downtown San JOse so it's barely out of the power outage zone.

there's charging stations for cellphones and medical equipments at near by stadiums. sux for those who need medical attention, especially hospitals. Some traffic lights are not working so it makes rush hour traffic waay worse than ever.
The hospitals should either be prioritized or have backup generators to get them through.

At least that's the way it works in a civilized state like Florida.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I would 100% move if I lived in one of those areas where the power company can't tell me if I will have power because it depends on the dryness of fucking trees.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I would 100% move if I lived in one of those areas where the power company can't tell me if I will have power because it depends on the dryness of fucking trees.
the wind is pretty normal for this time of year

it is either a power play because they have lost some of their ass in court...
or a cover-up for some other issue they are experiencing or expecting

Reading a couple threads with residents and in area workers last few days, pretty interesting stuff

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

You live near the SAP center, I live near Seattle, and I've been there more than you?

I need to re-evaluate some things...

Or you do...

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I have southern california edison I got on all my appliances on right now just to rub it in.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
this outage supposedly affected 800,000 people a number I think is probably exaggerated and the population of CA is 39.5 million so off the top of my head that is less than 2.5 percent of the entire states population.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Nope, like him ^ So Cal here.

It's hella breezy though and my pool has lots of tree parts in it, and the lights flickered off for about 2.5 seconds, but that was it.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
You live near the SAP center, I live near Seattle, and I've been there more than you?

I need to re-evaluate some things...

Or you do...
I've watched

strikeforce, Shamrock vs Cung Le
Strikeforce, Fedor vs Werdum
UFC, Shogun vs Hendo 1
UFC 420, Gilbert vs Bendo
Bellator, Fedor vs Matrione (which didn't happen)
Bellator, Mousasi vs RoryMac

at the SAP center

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I've watched

strikeforce, Shamrock vs Cung Le
Strikeforce, Fedor vs Werdum
UFC, Shogun vs Hendo 1
UFC 420, Gilbert vs Bendo
Bellator, Fedor vs Matrione (which didn't happen)
Bellator, Mousasi vs RoryMac

at the SAP center
Wow, You saw Fedor/Werdum live, the beginning of the long end.
I'll bet Shamrock/Le was lit.
We shoulda hooked up for Mitty/Fedor(35 hours driving roundtrip) or Gerard/Rory.

Gerard doesn't slap hands, unless it's a sparkuri hand.

View: https://youtu.be/UMATwuT1gy4

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Wow, You saw Fedor/Werdum live, the beginning of the long end.
I'll bet Shamrock/Le was lit.
We shoulda hooked up for Mitty/Fedor(35 hours driving roundtrip) or Gerard/Rory.

Gerard doesn't slap hands, unless it's a sparkuri hand.

View: https://youtu.be/UMATwuT1gy4
haha nice!! I remember sitting in those seats for Shamrock / Le , Shamrock slapped my hands too but he slapped everyone else's too so wasn't that special. Just sucked cuz the door to the cage was in my view and with those added paddings on the door, couldn't see shit~

yea unfortunately the first, last, and only Fedor fight I've watched was his first loss. I was crushed...

I moved to around the first row for Fedor/Mitty, we refunded for cheap tix and just moved down cuz lot of people were no show after fight got scrapped.

you'd have caught me smoking some herb at the smoking area, me and the homies always roll a few before going to fights.
I'll probably try to go to the next big event, should meet up and smoke a doob if you're into stuff like that.

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
good thing pg&e didn't turn off power in stockton/lodi cuz that would have been nuts.. most of the valley was fine. Just went to santa rosa today and there were parts of napa and sonoma valley still without power. Honestly it's time for PG&E to be broken up, their rates are beyond absurd due to all the law suits of neglect. also the wind wasn't as bad as it had been earlier in the year (which they didn't turn off the power) seem like they are dramatizing the situation that it's been 2 yrs since the tubbs fire and almost 1 since the paradise and the local media is hyping it up which prolly caused temporary gas and food shortages in areas that were shut off first. There are reports that the executives of pg&e are seeking a bonus payout which they have to get approved from a judge (they were denied a bonus last year) so this whole shut down fiasco prolly stemmed from them trying to show the judge that they got a workable plan that won't start wildfires in extreme weather conditions..

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Man that is total horseshit. Seems criminal that a power company can do this to people.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
this outage supposedly affected 800,000 people a number I think is probably exaggerated and the population of CA is 39.5 million so off the top of my head that is less than 2.5 percent of the entire states population.
I get that, but it seems pretty shitty that anyone is having to go thru this.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
good thing pg&e didn't turn off power in stockton/lodi cuz that would have been nuts.. most of the valley was fine. Just went to santa rosa today and there were parts of napa and sonoma valley still without power. Honestly it's time for PG&E to be broken up, their rates are beyond absurd due to all the law suits of neglect. also the wind wasn't as bad as it had been earlier in the year (which they didn't turn off the power) seem like they are dramatizing the situation that it's been 2 yrs since the tubbs fire and almost 1 since the paradise and the local media is hyping it up which prolly caused temporary gas and food shortages in areas that were shut off first. There are reports that the executives of pg&e are seeking a bonus payout which they have to get approved from a judge (they were denied a bonus last year) so this whole shut down fiasco prolly stemmed from them trying to show the judge that they got a workable plan that won't start wildfires in extreme weather conditions..
I read where some people’s energy bills are $800-$1000 a month out there? I can’t even imagine man. Ours is like $250/mo here.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Man that is total horseshit. Seems criminal that a power company can do this to people.
What's criminal, them potentially killing people because of it:

Coroner: Power shutdown did not cause death of man on oxygen
"Northern California fire officials say the man died about 12 minutes after Pacific Gas and Electric shut down power to the area as part of a massive effort to prevent fire."

If this doesn't end in a wrongful death lawsuit .........