Personal Anyone try/have knowledge of ketamine for anxiety/depression?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It's now being offered in my city so I'm curious if anyone has any experience with it.

It would be nice to not need to take a medicine every day that raises my heart rate and makes me sweat like a pig if it's above 75 degrees outside.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Mushrooms helped me, the effects seemed to last for a couple of months.
I will vouch for this guy vouching for mushrooms.

One "trip" can really help you sort your mind out and reassess priorities, and trim the fat from your life and mindset.

I don't know anything about ketamine except people that can get it.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's now being offered in my city so I'm curious if anyone has any experience with it.

It would be nice to not need to take a medicine every day that raises my heart rate and makes me sweat like a pig if it's above 75 degrees outside.
Please be careful. Get a couple medical opinions if you can. Jordan Peterson just opened up about this on a podcast with his daughter. Dude almost died trying to get off benzos.

View: https://youtu.be/HLWgVpmo1e0?t=610

M

member 1013

Please be careful. Get a couple medical opinions if you can. Jordan Peterson just opened up about this on a podcast with his daughter. Dude almost died trying to get off benzos.

View: https://youtu.be/HLWgVpmo1e0?t=610
For a man in his profession to not have read about benzos is ridiculous, I know he can’t prescribe medication but he should at least have a basic understanding of how they can affect people, as a clinician.

Pretty damn stupid.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

can't hurt to try IMO

If we are talking benzos then be very careful if getting off of them, them shits are powerful
Saw the withdrawals last year with a loved one, wasn't fun for either of us.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
For a man in his profession to not have read about benzos is ridiculous, I know he can’t prescribe medication but he should at least have a basic understanding of how they can affect people, as a clinician.

Pretty damn stupid.
Even worse is he was promoting them just before he got addicted to them. Can't fault the guy though. I can't imagine the stress of being told your wife will be dead in less than a year and there's nothing that will save her.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
And no benzos. I have a script for something in case I'm having an anxiety crisis but never take them.

I should probably mention that they're being offered by Drs in clinics for PTSD, depression, anxiety, etc. It's on the up and up I just can't seem to tell much about it's efficacy from what I've read so I was hoping for some anecdotal info to go along with it.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
And no benzos. I have a script for something in case I'm having an anxiety crisis but never take them.
That's good to hear.

I feel those are very dangerous to mental health and can potentially change a person indefinitely even when they get off of them.

Sounds all hippy dippy but you could also consider looking into wim hoff breathing exercises and control, I know people who mastered their breathing and conquered their anxiety. I think tang @Vagabond knows about Wim Hoff stuff.

PS mushrooms are being legalized in OR for anxiety and PTSD treatment, lots of data backs their effectiveness.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
That's good to hear.

I feel those are very dangerous to mental health and can potentially change a person indefinitely even when they get off of them.

Sounds all hippy dippy but you could also consider looking into wim hoff breathing exercises and control, I know people who mastered their breathing and conquered their anxiety. I think tang @Vagabond knows about Wim Hoff stuff.
Tried the breathing techniques, Wim Hof and others, and it's great for bringing me down or making sure that I don't get too worked up before a big event that would normally cause stress... Does nothing for me as far as prevention goes.

Handy tool to have in the shed but it's not the one I'm looking for at the moment.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
PS mushrooms are being legalized in OR for anxiety and PTSD treatment, lots of data backs their effectiveness.
Yep. I'm hoping that will spread.

I'd happily go that route but I don't have any of my sketchy connections out here anymore hahaha

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yep. I'm hoping that will spread.

I'd happily go that route but I don't have any of my sketchy connections out here anymore hahaha
So here's the cool thing about mushrooms...The spores are 100% legal to purchase (In most states), as are the grow bags. Just something to think about

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
So here's the cool thing about mushrooms...The spores are 100% legal to purchase (In most states), as are the grow bags. Just something to think about
Yep. I've looked into it. Don't have a good place to do it. I mean I do but not really.

PS. Once upon a time someone here wrote up a very thorough step by step instruction guide for such activities.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
there is also a detailed thread by an experienced grower on growing them on this very forum

if anyone was interested in that type of thing

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
It may have been on JRE, but Neil Brennan did multiple rounds of Ketamine therapy for his chronic depression. According to him it was a total game changer.

I’ve never done it, but they offer that treatment in Austin. I have one buddy that did it here (5 sessions I think) and he also said it helped tremendously.

No first hand experience, but sounds like it’s worth checking out at least

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
there is also a detailed thread by an experienced grower on growing them on this very forum

if anyone was interested in that type of thing
I was around for that and I think growing at the same time, allegedly.

M

member 1013

Super commonly used in surgeries. Powerful analgesic with sedation effect as well.
Yes

My brother is an anesthesiologist.

He’s always bragging about doping people up.

I asked him about this.

He called his psychiatrist friend. He said “BE CAREFUL”

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Awesome
your a wild man Boots

I would watch more of that stuff haha
I wasn’t actually tripping there lol. Guns are locked in the safe when adult party favors are in the house. My neighbor ate a shit ton last night and wanted to make a TikTok about depression, acid, and video games and literally spent 5 hours trying to make a 60 second video. I sent him that video and he replied Hunter S. Thompson would be “hella proud” ?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
SuperPig @Willthiswork please keep us posted on whether you pursue that treatment option or not. Also, know that you have many people here who care about you and can relate to battling depression and anxiety (including me) so don’t hesitate to reach out if you ever need to connect.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I wasn’t actually tripping there lol. Guns are locked in the safe when adult party favors are in the house. My neighbor ate a shit ton last night and wanted to make a TikTok about depression, acid, and video games and literally spent 5 hours trying to make a 60 second video. I sent him that video and he replied Hunter S. Thompson would be “hella proud” ?
No judgement here my man, I know you practice gun safety

The music and your eyes made it seem like a trip was going on, maybe you just have dark eyes that impersonate blown out pupils like shrooms induce...my lady has permanent huge pupils for whatever reason, people always think she is tripping
Good production value
I enjoyed that short clip