Personal Anyone try/have knowledge of ketamine for anxiety/depression?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I drunked you because a serotonin dump for a person that doesn't properly produce and process it can literally lead to massive depression. There's even a term that people came up with for that depression called "suicide Tuesday" because so many people can crash hard from it and then kill themselves.

Yes. It's funny. I was going to say you may get a dip on the Tuesday if taken on the Sat.

But it's hardly suicide inducing. Certainly not to 99.99999999% of people enjoying the effects.

Methinks you are being a tad dramatic there pilgrim.

If you take ketamine the results are similar but less clean. Emerging from the k hole gives an almost euphoric superhuman sense of well being but its more fleeting so the results are less productive than getting cunted on a magic bean.

You are probably talking micro dosing which is about as useful as a fart in a hurricane.

A lot of people would swear by hallucinogenics but it's a far more laborious process imo.

But if your open to opening your mind for whatever reason I say go for it. Statistically you have a very, very, very small chance of anything going wrong.

M

member 1013

I drunked you because a serotonin dump for a person that doesn't properly produce and process it can literally lead to massive depression. There's even a term that people came up with for that depression called "suicide Tuesday" because so many people can crash hard from it and then kill themselves.
This is exactly why my binging was always for several years at a time

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Have you spoken with the feathered serpent or the machine elves?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i am glad you found something that helps . i tried to fight depression with cocaine and sluts. turns out that wasnt a great plan

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This is exactly why my binging was always for several years at a time
you don't properly produce serotonin or process it? Or was your system only all fucked up for awhile after the binging?

care to elaborate? I like to learn about this stuff

Last edited:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
How effective do you find it for anxiety?
It seems as though it's done a really good job for me. So since my first 6 treatments in August I've weaned myself off of my antidepressant and completely stopped taking it after going in for a "booster" on the 18th.

The best way to describe how it's worked is to say that it has helped me turn the volume down on all of the background noise in my head. Instead of a million thoughts going at all times that invade, now only the things that I really want to focus on are there. So now I'm down to 12 things. It's been very beneficial in my relationship as I'm definitely living much more in the present and being present when I'm with people as opposed to "always looking like your wheels are spinning."

I didn't realize that I was doing as well as I apparently am until my girlfriend gave someone from her gym my number so that they could talk to me because she thought it may help them as well.

For reference, last year at this point my Drs were increasing my SSRIs. Now I'm running faster and cleaner and not taking anything. It's been a wild ride. And an expensive one but nevertheless, a beneficial one.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It seems as though it's done a really good job for me. So since my first 6 treatments in August I've weaned myself off of my antidepressant and completely stopped taking it after going in for a "booster" on the 18th.

The best way to describe how it's worked is to say that it has helped me turn the volume down on all of the background noise in my head. Instead of a million thoughts going at all times that invade, now only the things that I really want to focus on are there. So now I'm down to 12 things. It's been very beneficial in my relationship as I'm definitely living much more in the present and being present when I'm with people as opposed to "always looking like your wheels are spinning."

I didn't realize that I was doing as well as I apparently am until my girlfriend gave someone from her gym my number so that they could talk to me because she thought it may help them as well.

For reference, last year at this point my Drs were increasing my SSRIs. Now I'm running faster and cleaner and not taking anything. It's been a wild ride. And an expensive one but nevertheless, a beneficial one.
That is awesome man
So happy for you

I know people that have that "wheels spinning and not able to be in the moment" thing going on and I have no idea how to help.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
That is awesome man
So happy for you

I know people that have that "wheels spinning and not able to be in the moment" thing going on and I have no idea how to help.
It's really strange... I never really noticed how damned cluttered my brain was. I was able to function and excel at things even though it was near impossible for me to focus on things in comparison to how I feel currently.

I certainly don't think it will "fix" anyone. I do think that it's a great tool to use as a "reset" button for people. I'm still focused on being healthy by eating well(ish), being active, and seeing a therapist weekly.

I also went into it of the mindset that I was at a B/B- and could comfortably live my life like that. No worries. My big goal was to get to A- level and possibly a stretch goal of being without the need for a daily medication.

This isn't to say that I don't get anxious at times or even feel a little down at times. But it's been so much easier for me to move on past the stagnancy that depression can provide and to focus on my breathing and my thoughts and settle down those anxious demons.

If anyone is interested and has a treatment resistant depression/anxiety/PTSD... It's worth a consult.
It may vary from state to state but my Anthem insurance now covers part of it as well which is super new as they weren't able to do that in August so that makes it a bit easier to do.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
It's really strange... I never really noticed how damned cluttered my brain was. I was able to function and excel at things even though it was near impossible for me to focus on things in comparison to how I feel currently.

I certainly don't think it will "fix" anyone. I do think that it's a great tool to use as a "reset" button for people. I'm still focused on being healthy by eating well(ish), being active, and seeing a therapist weekly.

I also went into it of the mindset that I was at a B/B- and could comfortably live my life like that. No worries. My big goal was to get to A- level and possibly a stretch goal of being without the need for a daily medication.

This isn't to say that I don't get anxious at times or even feel a little down at times. But it's been so much easier for me to move on past the stagnancy that depression can provide and to focus on my breathing and my thoughts and settle down those anxious demons.

If anyone is interested and has a treatment resistant depression/anxiety/PTSD... It's worth a consult.
It may vary from state to state but my Anthem insurance now covers part of it as well which is super new as they weren't able to do that in August so that makes it a bit easier to do.
Nice one mate

I get how it can work. It literally.....not literally....but it separates your cerebrum cortex from controlling blood to the brain so it just pumps tons of blood in. Making your mind/brain work overload.

its a good thing to clear the cobwebs out for sure if your mind is relatively strong.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This is going to sound weird. But what fills your mind/body in the absence of a sense of impending doom?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
This is going to sound weird. But what fills your mind/body in the absence of a sense of impending doom?
Whatever it is that I'm actually doing instead of the sheer chaos and horror that can take over.

So if I'm reading something I can retain it better because I'm not as distracted. If I'm talking to someone I'm paying more attention to the details. If I'm in the grocery store on Friday the 4th then I'm much more capable of planning my escape route after I murder all of the bastards that just got their govt checks and are now milling about like confused cattle and are making me lose my shit.

As opposed to having to sit down somewhere and try not to pass out or cry in public.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Whatever it is that I'm actually doing instead of the sheer chaos and horror that can take over.

So if I'm reading something I can retain it better because I'm not as distracted. If I'm talking to someone I'm paying more attention to the details. If I'm in the grocery store on Friday the 4th then I'm much more capable of planning my escape route after I murder all of the bastards that just got their govt checks and are now milling about like confused cattle and are making me lose my shit.

As opposed to having to sit down somewhere and try not to pass out or cry in public.
That sounds nice.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
That sounds nice.
It's fucking wild.

The immediate few hours after the infusions are super strange. Physically I feel normal. But my mind is almost searching for the chaos that it's used to but isn't really there at the time... So I feel the need to build something, or learn a song on guitar, or do a deep dive into pretty much any interesting topic.