Anyone used to play Tecmo Bowl back in the day?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Me and my buddies used to pay that shit non-stop. We got the point where we all agreed no one could play with the Raiders, because Bo Jackson was fucking unstoppable.

Example....

[video=youtube;p4e38fL9pr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4e38fL9pr8[/video]

And Randall Cunningham was damn near the same way for the Eagles. My buddy used to play with the Eagles, and every play, he would run Cunningham backwards all the way into his own end zone. and launch a bomb all the way down to the other of the field for a reception 90% of the time. Plus, he was fast as shit. I broke more fucking controllers playing that guy lol.

[video=youtube;w6Heb6d3Qeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Heb6d3Qeo[/video]

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I USED TO PLAY.

Probably have spent nearly 1000 hours on that game. All night tournaments. I used to be Bo if my buddies were SF NYG or BUF. those three teams were beasts.

Or I would be Denver, but they were tough to win with.

Still my #1 favorite game. I lived in a Pot Dealer house and we had constant traffic. Game was on for literally 3-4 years straight on a 28" TV with two chairs right in front of it in the corner of the living room. Always two dudes gaming at all hours. Thru parties .... Thru passed out minions...etc...

Used to bet 1-10 bucks a game for years on end. Fights happened over the fumble inside the 5 yard line. I used to tell people complaining about the game to take it outside and settle it.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The dude in the Bo Jackson video is only decent.

I literally ran squares around guys for fun if they picked the wrong play.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Used to play this all the time in college (born in states and then over in England since 2006) and specifically remember the year 1989 when that version had that one damn play that you couldn't stop and you roll your quarterback back and hit your receiver at the last second for a completion......

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Most everyone played that game.

I Remember NYG having either otis anderson or rodney hampton, te bavarro, and LT and carl banks on Defense.

My favorite Tecmobowl memory, is how that game single handily made me a HUGE Deion Sanders fan.

I was playing against the Falcons, I through an INT on the goal line, and this #21 had BLAZING fast speed, INSANE Speed. I paused the game, picked up the instruction manual and looked at the player's ratings. He was one of the few that had 15/15 speed.
Needless to say I started playing as the Falcons absolutely loving kick returns and playing D.

To this day I always create Deion in Madden games and play corner. I'm 9 years deep in my Madden03 Bronco's Franchise with a guy who in the game was a rookie that I changed his name to Deion and made his stats awesome except for his awareness and tackling. Tackling was a modest 45/99, and awareness was at 0 so he started off at like 78 overall. I got him to 99 overall by year 6.

Anyways, b/c of Tecmobowl I own a Black Atlanta Falcons Deion Sanders jersey, as well as a Dallas Cowboys one.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Montana was perfect as well. My buddy was always the raiders and I was the 9ers. It would be who scored last and they would win. Great game. It and Contra were my early childhood.

Freeman

Jan 28, 2015
This was on the original NES, right? I never had an NES, but my sister did when I was in college so I got to play it when I was home. Sadly never played this game. Only shit like Kid Icarus, Mario, and my favorite - Contra!

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I think I played a later version called tecmo super bowl if I remember right. I was too young in the 80's to really remember anything. Mainly super Nintendo for me.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Robbie Hart;n26444 said:
Used to play this all the time in college (born in states and then over in England since 2006) and specifically remember the year 1989 when that version had that one damn play that you couldn't stop and you roll your quarterback back and hit your receiver at the last second for a completion......
Montana to the Tight end in the first Tecmo Bowl was 99%. That is the play you are talking about.

What about Lawrence Taylor blocking every extra point. Lost lot of games because I could only score 6 instead of 7 vs those Giants. Ingram caught everything also.

Rico_Cutler

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I still have it on my phone but havent it played it lately. Super Tecmo Bowl was a good too.