Anyone wanna critique my 5 pages of comic art?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Holy shit that is amazing

love the art and the last woman body/face is very wow

I love it...maybe make the dark shading darker?...I dunno....great art man

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'll never understand how artists draw spider-man. The webbing on the suit would drive me nuts.

I've heard several artists pick him as least favourite character to draw.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Jesus Christ that is impressive man

Obviously your Spider-Man and venom are great but really impressed with your Nick Fury
Nailed him imo

Nickman9000

Dec 12, 2015
Thanks guys! I expected to get ripped apart and got nothing but positive comments here!

Does anything look off? Weird? Can you follow what's happening?

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks guys! I expected to get ripped apart and got nothing but positive comments here!

The one thing that stuck out to me as weird was how veiny Venom was but that's very minor and more of a personal thing as I'm not super familiar with venom in the comics.

Overall everything looks great! The story and action are easy to follow and completely forgot Siryn so that was a nice inclusion.

Please post more here if you have any!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I don't know characters so I will just go off appearance and tell you what/who looks off to me.

Woman face on bottom of last page middle doesn't look right to me...looks mannish.

That is all that jumps out at me really.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016

Very easy to follow
The pictures tells the whole story without dialoge needed which is fucking great

If you want me to be super picky I'll point a few things out

1. both of the first two Spiderman have slightly too long baby fingers, Espcially the first imo should end before it cuts off part of that truck

2. the Spiderman covering his face (above Bronx zoo), his right hand looks off
It looks like you have the baby finger and thumb in the wrong places but it could just be the curve of the hand
The thumb should be on bottom and if the top is the baby finger, the curve (ball) needs to be a lot less imo

3. last page, top pick of venom has 6 fingers on his right hand, should only be 5

4. 2nd last picture of the girl (sorry unsure who that is), I agree looks a little too masculine
Soften the jaw line, possibly make the eyes slightly smaller

Edit: I actually really like how jacked you made venom
You have serious skills man

Last edited:

Nickman9000

Dec 12, 2015
Very easy to follow
The pictures tells the whole story without dialoge needed which is fucking great

If you want me to be super picky I'll point a few things out

1. both of the first two Spiderman have slightly too long baby fingers, Espcially the first imo should end before it cuts off part of that truck

2. the Spiderman covering his face (above Bronx zoo), his right hand looks off
It looks like you have the baby finger and thumb in the wrong places but it could just be the curve of the hand
The thumb should be on bottom and if the top is the baby finger, the curve (ball) needs to be a lot less imo

3. last page, top pick of venom has 6 fingers on his right hand, should only be 5

4. 2nd last picture of the girl (sorry unsure who that is), I agree looks a little too masculine
Soften the jaw line, possibly make the eyes slightly smaller

Edit: I actually really like how jacked you made venom
You have serious skills man
HOLY SHIT @ 6 fingers! Didn't even realize. I mirrored the other hand and tweaked the pinkie and forgot to erase the other one! DOH!

Dead Again

Oct 10, 2017
Love the perspective/angles on the first page. The bottom left panel on that page, his back foot looks a little too big. That's just being nit
picky though.

The Chinook in page two shouldn't have a side door, just a rear hatch/ramp. Unless of course that's some special SHIELD aircraft.

I agree with everyone saying Siryn jaw looks a bit too big in that panel.

That's just nitpicking though. Looks awesome.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
wow didn't even know Nickman9000 @Nickman9000 was a poster here. Dudes my cousin and an amazing artist. Little know fact is The Voice Michael Schiavello gave him an on air call out during the Minowaman vs Hong man choi fight, in the dream super hulk tournament.

Nickman9000

Dec 12, 2015
wow didn't even know Nickman9000 @Nickman9000 was a poster here. Dudes my cousin and an amazing artist. Little know fact is The Voice Michael Schiavello gave him an on air call out during the Minowaman vs Hong man choi fight, in the dream super hulk tournament.
I believe the shout out was during the Minowa/Sokoudjou fight :) Pretty hard to find the version of the fight where it actually happens. I can only find ones with Japanese commentary.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I believe the shout out was during the Minowa/Sokoudjou fight :) Pretty hard to find the version of the fight where it actually happens. I can only find ones with Japanese commentary.
we you could as your cousin that has it on dvd:cool:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Does anything look off?
Only because you're asking. The guns, don't really look like guns. They look like an illustration that's supposed to represent a gun rather than an actual gun.

Outside of that; Jesus Christ, you're one talented dude.