General Apparently Metallica and Huey Lewis and the News are touring together.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Do you like Metallica? ... Their early work was the peak of heavy metal for my tastes, but when Load came out in '96, I think they really sold out their long-time fans, commercially and artistically.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Do you like Metallica? ... Their early work was the peak of heavy metal for my tastes, but when Load came out in '96, I think they really sold out their long-time fans, commercially and artistically.
It was actually kind of the opposite. As they all got older and were coming off the Black Album (which they were also accused of being sellouts for making) they all started to have different influences and they had 'fuck you money' by that point so decided to make a double disc of whatever the fuck they wanted although it got split into 2 releases. The fans then got big mad that they wanted to express themselves artistically. Metallica has released 10 albums and the 3 worst sellers were Load (#8) Reload (#9) and St Anger (#10).

If you want to have a good time go and watch the documentary 'Some Kind of Monster'. I know what you're thinking "I saw it. It was terrible." No, no. Go back and watch it as an unintentional comedy like 'Tiger King', or 'Fyre'.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I once heard a Huey Lewis story from a fly fishing guide. He got to work one morning and was told "You're guiding Huey Lewis today." He thought it would be kind of cool. He met Huey, who stood on the front of the boat and started to sing a couple of his songs. Dude thought "Cool, a private concert." Well, his opinion of Huey and the private concert changed after they approached hour 3...

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
It was actually kind of the opposite. As they all got older and were coming off the Black Album (which they were also accused of being sellouts for making) they all started to have different influences and they had 'fuck you money' by that point so decided to make a double disc of whatever the fuck they wanted although it got split into 2 releases. The fans then got big mad that they wanted to express themselves artistically. Metallica has released 10 albums and the 3 worst sellers were Load (#8) Reload (#9) and St Anger (#10).

If you want to have a good time go and watch the documentary 'Some Kind of Monster'. I know what you're thinking "I saw it. It was terrible." No, no. Go back and watch it as an unintentional comedy like 'Tiger King', or 'Fyre'.
I've been a big Metallica fan ever since the release of their 1988 album, And Justice For All. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.

It was on And Justice.. where Kirk Hammett's presence became more apparent. I think One was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding albums. @conor mcgregor nut hugger take off your robe.

Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Newsted, Hammett and Hetfield. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.

Take the lyrics to Dyers Eve. In this song, James Hetfield addresses the problems of his Christian Science-influenced upbringing. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in hard rock. @conor mcgregor nut hugger, get down on your knees so Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken can see your asshole.

Metallica's' later career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like The Day That Never Comes and Unforgiven II. I also think Kirk Hammett works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I've been a big Metallica fan ever since the release of their 1988 album, And Justice For All. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.

It was on And Justice.. where Kirk Hammett's presence became more apparent. I think One was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding albums. CMNH, take off your robe.

Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Newsted, Hammett and Hetfield. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sex Chicken, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.

Take the lyrics to Dyers Eve. In this song, James Hetfield addresses the problems of his Christian Science-influenced upbringing. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in hard rock. CMNH, get down on your knees so Sex Chicken can see your asshole.

Metallica's' later career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like The Day That Never Comes and Unforgiven II. I also think Kirk Hammett works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.
Missed it the first time round. Bravo.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
I`m done going to Metallica concerts.I have seen them 6 times now.The 1st time is when they still had Cliff Burton in 1985.I even seen them with some kind of orchestra.I`ve also seen Huey Lewis and the News at the California State Fair.Huey sounded ok,but he didn`t have any kind of stage show,he just had lights and that`s it.

You guys go ahead,I`m getting too old & the price of tickets these days is outrageous.I remember paying for Day on the Green festivals for $12.50 and shirts were $6.00.