General Apple, Facebook, Spotify and Google/Youtube BAN Infowars Alex Jones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It begins.
Russian meddling?
How bout Deep State meddling.
This will not end well, I expect a lot of violence in the coming months.

Facebook, Apple, YouTube and Spotify ban Infowars' Alex Jones
Crackdown on US conspiracy theorist for promoting violence and hate speech

All but one of the major content platforms have banned the American conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, as the companies raced to act in the wake of Apple’s decision to remove five podcasts by Jones and his Infowars website.

Facebook unpublished four pages run by Jones for “repeated violations of community standards”, the company said on Monday. YouTube terminated Jones’s account over him repeatedly appearing in videos despite being subject to a 90-day ban from the website, and Spotify removed the entirety of one of Jones’s podcasts for “hate content”.

Facebook’s removal of the pages – the Alex Jones Channel Page, the Alex Jones Page, the Infowars Page and the Infowars Nightly News Page – comes after the social network imposed a 30-day ban on Jones personally “for his role in posting violating content to these pages”.
Facebook, Apple, YouTube and Spotify ban Infowars' Alex Jones

APPLE REGULATES 'HATE'

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Apple, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest clamped down on content by Alex Jones Monday.

Apple confirmed on Monday that it had removed five out of six podcasts, which includes Jones' infamous "The Alex Jones Show" as well as a number of other InfoWars audio streams. The news was originally reported by BuzzFeed News.

Facebook and Google made similar decisions later on Monday. Facebook removed four pages controlled by him, while Google removed the official "Alex Jones Channel" on its platform. The YouTube channel for InfoWars, the media company owned by Alex Jones, still remains live. Pinterest also removed the InfoWars board.

Jones, a controversial conspiracy theorist who has claimed that the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax, has been hit with other content bans from the likes of Spotify.

Apple's move seems slightly more dramatic — the company has taken down entire libraries of InfoWars podcasts, rather than a select few episodes.

"Apple does not tolerate hate speech, and we have clear guidelines that creators and developers must follow to ensure we provide a safe environment for all of our users," an Apple spokesperson said in a statement on Monday.

"Podcasts that violate these guidelines are removed from our directory making them no longer searchable or available for download or streaming. We believe in representing a wide range of views, so long as people are respectful to those with differing opinions."

Facebook ban
Later on Monday morning, Facebook announced it was removing four of Jones' pages for persistently uploading content in breach of the social network's content guidelines.

The company said it made the decision after receiving additional complaints about inappropriate content on Jones' pages. The pages were removed "for glorifying violence, which violates our graphic violence policy, and using dehumanizing language to describe people who are transgender, Muslims and immigrants, which violates our hate speech policies." The decision was made independently of any other companies removing content from their sites, a Facebook spokesperson said.

In July, Facebook removed four of Jones' videos and hit his own personal profile with a 30-day ban over what the firm deemed as a violation of its policies on bullying and hate speech. The company said at the time the official InfoWars page, among others where Jones was an administrator, were getting close to the threshold of being banned from the site due to repeated violations.

The company explained on Monday that when it deletes content, the removal counts as a strike — essentially a warning — against the person that uploaded it. In the case of pages, Facebook said it holds both a page and an administrator who posts content in violation of its rules accountable.

But it also said that the reason for removing Jones' pages was in no way related to concerns over fake news.

"All four pages have been unpublished for repeated violations of Community Standards and accumulating too many strikes," the company said in a blog post.

"While much of the discussion around Infowars has been related to false news, which is a serious issue that we are working to address by demoting links marked wrong by fact checkers and suggesting additional content, none of the violations that spurred today's removals were related to this."

Facebook in particular has faced calls to remove Jones from the platform altogether. Last month, the company was asked by a CNN journalist why it had not banned InfoWars completely, given its aim to crack down on fake news. Facebook — along with CEO Mark Zuckerberg — defended the decision not to remove InfoWars.

Tech giants have faced calls from both sides of the political spectrum to be more transparent about the way they approach content flagging and banning. On the left, there are critics who say these firms are not doing enough to take down harmful and offensive content, while on the right there are some who think internet firms are routinely censoring conservative posts.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I just bought some Brain Force and Knockout in support. I also canceled my YouTube Red account.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It is bullshit, but those companies are private entities.
They have the right to choose what is broadcast on their platforms.

It's like they all had a meeting and collectively pinked Alex Jones.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

That's exactly what they did.
If only we could separate "private entities" from "deep state".
These guys all attend Bilderberg and/or members of the trilateral commission, Council of Foreign Relations etc.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

Always makes me laugh when people complain about Facebook. How much do you spend a month to use Facebook's service? Exactly.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Always makes me laugh when people complain about Facebook. How much do you spend a month to use Facebook's service? Exactly.
The problem is, the premise leans toward social responsibility, and they do the opposite.
People get banned because of their unpopular opinion.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
The problem is, the premise leans toward social responsibility, and they do the opposite.
People get banned because of their unpopular opinion.
But so what? They're their own entities and should be allowed to do whatever they want within the parameters of law. None of us ever read the Ts and Cs, we just take it as as something we deserve and depend on. Like we're entitled to it.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
But so what? They're their own entities and should be allowed to do whatever they want within the parameters of law. None of us ever read the Ts and Cs, we just take it as as something we deserve and depend on. Like we're entitled to it.
Would you have the same reaction if they banned Al Sharpton or Maxine Waters?

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I totally get the point, entitlement.
I BELIEVE in discrimination and the free market, it will play how it plays; winners will win, losers lose.
But what Facebook has done is treason, it's why Zuck stands in front of Congress sweating, and why we get reformation the next day in our notifications.
Facebook IS the law, be they're surveillance is next to none, pockets deeper than all.
So, they pay to keep congress'/legislative mouths shut.
Like Rothschild said, "give me control, I care not who makes it's laws".
Because they're bought, paid for, and own all the dirt.
Now they're working together to funnel one opinion.

It doesn't matter whether you "pay for it", we're all paying for it.
If they weren't shaping the country, I wouldn't care, but they clearly are.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Bye Spotify.

Which sucks.
I bought my Gear S3 JUST for Spotify, & recently have enjoyed MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK & Carbazel @Carbazel 's Coast 2 Coast combat hour on it.

But if you're gonna not be 'Murican...