General Are Canadians and Europeans getting a UBI payment for covid?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

I think I remember paying that in Montreal. So what percentage of that do you get back?

Here in the US we pay state sales tax and then some bigger cities have their own sales or transaction tax on top of that, but our federales have been unable to pass any kind of tax on consumption except through regulatory measures which companies have an unlimited ability to pass on to consumers. I remember there was a solid 30 years when value added taxes were all the rage in conservative circles, so it sounds like Mulroney got the idea from some of the same think tanks. Less talked about since the calamities of 2008.
Mulroney was better than JT Money

Change my mind, I dare u.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think I remember paying that in Montreal. So what percentage of that do you get back?

Here in the US we pay state sales tax and then some bigger cities have their own sales or transaction tax on top of that, but our federales have been unable to pass any kind of tax on consumption except through regulatory measures which companies have an unlimited ability to pass on to consumers. I remember there was a solid 30 years when value added taxes were all the rage in conservative circles, so it sounds like Mulroney got the idea from some of the same think tanks. Less talked about since the calamities of 2008.
its not on a percentage basis . its done on an income level basis so if you make min wage or welfare level you get like 150 per quarter back if you make roughly 25-50k you get 100 bucks every 3 months . if you make over that you get nothing . BC also rolls a climate tax rebate in to their GST refund so we get a little more than say alberta