Are You Anti-UFC?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Are You Anti-UFC?

• Yes 100%

• Pretty Much

• Neutral

• I Like The UFC

• I Love The UFC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
that is part of the problem

you didn't mention fighters you mention a brand/org

I am grateful for the fighters who have entertained me on UFC cards...the fighters provided amazing memories when I drank that beer with the homies
The UFC provided the platform for the fighters to do so, though. I think the UFC getting all of the credit is a bad thing, but they do deserve a share of the credit. We have no idea where MMA would be without the UFC, or if it would even really still exist. Like it or not, Dana and the Fertittas had a lot to do with this sport becoming as big as it did, and some fighters being paid what they're being paid.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
The new owners needs to get their heads out their own asses. I thought they're smart rich people, they really don't know how to run this shit??
This is a surprising development for me, but I think I should have seen it coming. It appears that the new owners didn't know much about the sport. A lot of what has gone on since they took over seems incredibly out of touch. Hopefully they're not the type that is above making adjustments. We're still in the infancy of their ownership; I tend to think we are still experiencing growing pains. I thought Dana would rectify some of these quicker, but either he doesn't have the same power anymore or he just doesn't care. I think it's a mixture of both.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Bellator needs to really step up their production and the overall quality of their show. It looks like shit from top to bottom. Viacom needs to go ALL IN and spend some money and get fighters and also do lots of marketing and help with production. If they want to grab it now is the time because WME will fix shit eventually and they will snag a much better partner once reebok is done, so Bellator it really is now or never.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
that is part of the problem

you didn't mention fighters you mention a brand/org

I am grateful for the fighters who have entertained me on UFC cards...the fighters provided amazing memories when I drank that beer with the homies

Brainwash successful

MMA is less known that UFC
The question was do i hate the UFC. So my answer is about the UFC.

If you want to ask me about fighters then please do so

EDIT: Sorry - the question was if i am Anti-UFC

C

Ceiling Fan

I love it all. There is only one promotion I don't like right now - ACB, because of their work/support with Kadyrov.

The UFC has its demons, and there are definitely things I would change, but I can't not love these orgs. Not only are they my lifeblood, but it's just great stuff. I'm still riding a high from yesterday's card.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The UFC provided the platform for the fighters to do so, though. I think the UFC getting all of the credit is a bad thing, but they do deserve a share of the credit. We have no idea where MMA would be without the UFC, or if it would even really still exist. Like it or not, Dana and the Fertittas had a lot to do with this sport becoming as big as it did, and some fighters being paid what they're being paid.
lost me at "if it would even exist"

UFC corporation has crushed/bought out many Orgs that were doing well(and some that were in financial trouble)

we both know the sport was gonna grow regardless, the appeal is undeniable and is why this forum and pre zuffa fans get/got so excited...whether they steered it for better, or for worse is up for debate.

Maybe it wouldn't be as "big"....or maybe it would be bigger...no proof either way

Make no mistake, there have been many great MMA Organizations...UFC has taken over the top bill for sure with the gangsta mafia tactics..

I just like MMA and some of the best fights I have seen/see are not inside the Octagon.

Enjoy bro, have a great day

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
If you're a fan of the sport you have to be a fan of the UFC... if not it's like being a basketball fan but not liking the nba

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
lost me at "if it would even exist"

UFC corporation has crushed/bought out many Orgs that were doing well(and some that were in financial trouble)

we both know the sport was gonna grow regardless, the appeal is undeniable and is why this forum and pre zuffa fans get/got so excited...whether they steered it for better, or for worse is up for debate.

Maybe it wouldn't be as "big"....or maybe it would be bigger...no proof either way

Make no mistake, there have been many great MMA Organizations...UFC has taken over the top bill for sure with the gangsta mafia tactics..

I just like MMA and some of the best fights I have seen/see are not inside the Octagon.

Enjoy bro, have a great day
The appeal was there because the original pre-Zuffa UFC gave it a platform. They damn near invented the sport. There would be NHB fighting without the UFC, but MMA as it is now? I think you're understating the UFC's importance here. Yes, they have done some predatory things, but you can be a jackass and important at the same time. Not mutually exclusive.

We both don't know that the sport would have grown regardless. There was a ton of luck involved in the sport actually surviving.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The appeal was there because the original pre-Zuffa UFC gave it a platform. They damn near invented the sport. There would be NHB fighting without the UFC, but MMA as it is now? I think you're understating the UFC's importance here. Yes, they have done some predatory things, but you can be a jackass and important at the same time. Not mutually exclusive.

We both don't know that the sport would have grown regardless. There was a ton of luck involved in the sport actually surviving.
100% wrong
you must be a zuffa era fan only

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
don't tell me you think TUF was the thing that saved MMA...really sad if that is what you think created MMA

at that time MMA was a shooting star

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If not, Bellator's going to build more momentum and UFC will be competing side by side.
Which is exactly what MMA needs. There needs to be 1 and 1A orgs...UFC and Bellator on the same playing field. It would create fierce competition between the two promotions, which means fans would get the very best product for reasonable prices, and fighters would get top dollar.

GJdeux

It's SAND
Mar 2, 2015
I watch but not nearly as excited as I was back in the mid 40's. I liked the cards every so often and they were stacked. Now, maybe one fight I like. Not that the others aren't entertaining. I watch-stream. Stopped buying in the 80's I think. Maybe before that. It is what it is. It is more entertainment to me now. Not really a true sport. No real rankings or anything. Just the fights that certain people want to see. If they wouldn't keep talking about being the best, yada yada yada..and then having boxers, and WWE folks come in and take good money away from real fighters, and really have the best I might feel a little more love. I dunno.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
I am pro-fighter, pro-sport. Unfortunately the UFC does a lot of shit that hurts the fighters, like the Reebok deal and USADA, which make no mistake about it...were only done so they could sell the company for $4.2 billion. Another way they devalue the fighters is by Dana trashing their character in public, for negotiation purposes or whatever agenda he has at the moment. These are just some of the reasons that I am a big supporter of Bellator right now.
And the fighters didnt get a fucking penny of that 4.2bil

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Wha wha WATTTTTTT?????

You is crazy!

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
I'm torn. I voted neutral, but that's because I have mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I love the UFC and love the fact it's become so mainstream. I think it's awesome it's on FOX tonight, that was unfathomable 10 years ago.

On the other hand, they put barriers between themselves and the fighters in other orgs. I want to see Ben Askren, MVP, et al fighting UFC guys. I'd like to see more cross-promotion with Bellator and others. The fighters and the fights are ultimately what makes the sport. I dislike the inconsistent matchmaking and the meaningless of rankings now. I do like the occasional superfight and freak show, but I prefer rankings to determine the vast majority of the fights. I think the sport suffers when the best fighters don't fight each other, they literally aren't as good at MMA as they could be because they can't test themselves.