Are you ready for a world where Rafael dos Anjos is UFC champ? Is anyone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/03/are-you-ready-for-a-world-where-rafael-dos-anjos-is-ufc-champ-is-anyone

"In the days to come, you’re probably going to hear a lot of great, or at least optimistic stuff about UFC lightweight challenger Rafael dos Anjos.

You’re going to hear that he’s dangerous and underrated. You’re going to hear that he has the potential to end his bout with UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis at any time. You’re going to hear that, regardless of what the odds may say, he has all the tools necessary to take the title at UFC 185.

None of that is untrue or even all that far-fetched. So why isn’t it more compelling?

This is the problem with your boy RDA, who may very well be the most capable fighter to generate the least total excitement in the UFC’s lightweight division.

There’s no question that the man can fight. You don’t go 8-1 over a nearly three-year span in the UFC’s notoriously crowded 155-pound class if you can’t handle your business in the cage. You also don’t knock out former champ Benson Henderson or cruise to decision wins over Donald Cerrone and Nate Diaz if you aren’t a bad, bad man in your own right......."

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
That would be cool. I dont know why but i like when the title changes hands its a interesting feeling lol. I like dominant champs also but i am def an underdog type guy.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
As good as RDA is, the future just seems brighter with Pettis as champ.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That would be cool. I dont know why but i like when the title changes hands its a interesting feeling lol. I like dominant champs also but i am def an underdog type guy.
I agree. It seems that I like to see a dominant champ go on a tear as long as they stay humble and don't get too douchey. Other than that I love under dog stories or when the Orgs big plans get spoiled due to them putting tons of resources behind who they want to win.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I agree. It seems that I like to see a dominant champ go on a tear as long as they stay humble and don't get too douchey. Other than that I love under dog stories or when the Orgs big plans get spoiled due to them putting tons of resources behind who they want to win.
Amen to that, love seeing UFC promotional material reduced to laughable ashes...bring on the underdogs!

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It doesn't which one of them wins, because the eagle is coming soon.
OOOOHHHHH SHIT...shots fired!

I'm torn on RDA. On one hand, he KO'd Ben Henderson...which I reveled in because BH isn't my cup of tea. At all.

On the other hand, he punished Nate Diaz (one of my favorites) to a well earned and lopsided decision.

But when it comes to Pettis, I like him a lot. His striking is something to behold and he exploits the most minuscule openings imaginable to finish the fight. What more could you ask from a champ?

Khabib? MEH.

Personally, I would hate to see the LW title change hands due to a wrestlefuckfest, close-ass split decision throwback to the Frankie Edgar (and BH) era.

LW needs a dominant champ again. The time is NOW!

Last edited:

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
I'm hoping for an awesome 5 round back and forth fight, Aldo vs Mendez 2 was crazy. RDA can deliver the same type of performance.