General Are you vaccinated or do you plan to get vaccinated? (COVID)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Vaxed or not?

• Yes

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Vaccinated and pissed off that most places here are still requiring masks.
I don't blame other people for not getting vaccinated, that is their choice.
Just a strange society we live in that requires people wear masks, social distance, and get vaxxed but doesn't require you to tell a sexual partner you have AIDS.
The fully vaxxed numbers here are starting to get near 70%, when you go out, everyone wears a mask and clearly doesn't care anymore.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
First shot about 7 weeks ago, second shot tomorrow. Both are Pfizer. Haven’t worn a mask since Canada Day and most of the people where I live haven’t either.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I got to select for my second dose
People here started getting that last week. 2 weeks ago, you got told "We have Moderna. You're allowed to refuse it, but mixing is actually better and we don't know when we're getting more Pfizer. It could be months. So you know, there's no reason to refuse it."

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

As I mentioned the other day my missus had to get vaccinated for travel exemption to the US to see her dad. I will have to get it or she will have to hotel quarantine when she gets back....I can't do that to her.

So anyway...Thoughts?
I don't like that policy by your government

That is my thought

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
In the U.S. and I assume most other places, vaccination rates directly correspond to level of education. The more educated, the higher the vaccination rate. The less educated, the more likely to believe a YouTube video has all the answers.
Everything comes down to education shaming with you.

Which is ironic considering your posting habits and apparent level of intelligence.

Millions of intelligent people are choosing to not take an untested therapy.
Natural antibodies wane fairly quickly. Vaccine antibodies don't.
Wrong again bud

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Vaccinated and pissed off that most places here are still requiring masks.
I don't blame other people for not getting vaccinated, that is their choice.
Just a strange society we live in that requires people wear masks, social distance, and get vaxxed but doesn't require you to tell a sexual partner you have AIDS.
Yep...good post fren
False promises were made regarding being vaxxed and getting back to normal...very few of those promises are coming to fruition

This is not about getting back to normal...that is obviously a moving goalpost at this time

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
no. i have a minor form of tripanophobia, so i avoid needles unless im in the ER. or donating platelets

and i dont have health insurance. so not worth the risk of a bad side effect
Your chances of cost are dramatically higher unvaccinated than the vaccine. Just on straight risk calculation, you're choosing the route with a higher likelihood to cost you money.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Miesha's Taint @Almost Home to answer the question

I am not and will not be getting this specific vaccine

Not a strict anti vaxxer, but I work on informed consent and this one doesn't make sense to me
I'm also one of those if it isn't broke don't fix it types as far as my body goes...I listen to my body and give it what it wants

My body doesn't want to be vaccinated for something that I was exposed to many many times and didn't contract, or did contract but fought off easily...Govt orders and an 18 months sales pitch are a big turn off and raise red flags IMO...I hate that they are holding freedom to move about, freedom to gather, and freedom to travel(in your case) over our heads to coerce us into doing what they deem necessary.

Just my two cents on the issue

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Your chances of cost are dramatically higher unvaccinated than the vaccine. Just on straight risk calculation, you're choosing the route with a higher likelihood to cost you money.
FYI he didn't go to the doctor when he breaks his collarbone...Might seem like a softy but he is harder than a coffin nail

Nobody fucks with the StormBless

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
yeh i hear ya. ive never even gotten a flu shot tho (unless they made me a couple decades ago before college).

i do mentally support and trust vaccines, but i guess im not spiritually or emotionally in sync with them yet lol

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
yeh i hear ya. ive never even gotten a flu shot tho (unless they made me a couple decades ago before college).

i do mentally support and trust vaccines, but i guess im not spiritually or emotionally in sync with them yet lol
There are things other than simple calculations of knowing what is more or less likely to harm you. For me that is how I operate. That is what's important to me when making risk and benefit decisions.
But in something like vaccines or any other active measure, philosophies bodily autonomy and natural focus maybe part of the picture.

I know people that would be sad but not destroyed if a disease killed their family member. They would see it as nature or God or any other passive force. On the other hand, an intervention is now active and brings ethical considerations about cause. An active bad outcome would destroy them, even when it was the less risky choice.

If that's you all good. Don't get vaccinated. I only have an issue with the misinformation that alters the reality of the black and white data for others that want to make a risk/benefit calculation based on it.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
In the U.S. and I assume most other places, vaccination rates directly correspond to level of education. The more educated, the higher the vaccination rate. The less educated, the more likely to believe a YouTube video has all the answers.
Thanks for nicely saying "if you don't, you're an idiot" and saving me the work.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
There are things other than simple calculations of knowing what is more or less likely to harm you. For me that is how I operate. That is what's important to me when making risk and benefit decisions.
But in something like vaccines or any other active measure, philosophies bodily autonomy and natural focus maybe part of the picture.

I know people that would be sad but not destroyed if a disease killed their family member. They would see it as nature or God or any other passive force. On the other hand, an intervention is now active and brings ethical considerations about cause. An active bad outcome would destroy them, even when it was the less risky choice.

If that's you all good. Don't get vaccinated. I only have an issue with the misinformation that alters the reality of the black and white data for others that want to make a risk/benefit calculation based on it.
i didnt understand all of that. but to be clear, i do believe the vaccines work. and its important that a lot of people get it for something like covid to stop its spread and mutations

if i was ever in public, i would think more about getting it for the sake of others. but the government would probably have to pay me to do so since i dont get paid time off