Ariel Helwani Calls Detractor 'Phony, Fake' In Fiery Response.. ariel beef with tfatk/shaub

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I had no idea there was beef between those two - still have no idea what it's about - but I enjoyed that rant very much. :smile:

Haven't watched much of Ariel since he left the MMA Beat, but I'm definitely team Helwani on this one.

I saw that Luke Thomas reckons they caught up not long ago and squashed their beef, have no clue what that was about either but it was good to see.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Brendan is trash. Unfunny, unwatchable, cringe level over 9,000.
Ariel seems like a genuine person.
I don't know if he's trash, but he's definitely a massive poser. Not much that is genuine about him, he's far too concerned about what is in fashion right at this moment.

Ariel seems like he's pretty much the same guy whoever he's talking to, or about. No doubt he's cutthroat in his professional life, but he's an ambitious workaholic. He seems like the kind of guy where if you had a random interaction with him, you would pretty much get exactly what you expect.

??

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
I guess that I am not up on podcasting.Why is it that Ariel is wearing headphones?

Mace

Prophet of poon
Oct 29, 2015
I guess that I am not up on podcasting.Why is it that Ariel is wearing headphones?
To listen to audio/video he is discussing, phone in interviews and his producer communicating to him like a news anchor with an earpiece. Dan Patrick and his Dannettes wear them as well. Maybe something they picked up in their times with ESPN.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I would also like cliffs, I had to turn the video off after he started quoting Beyonce lyrics.
I only made it about 5 minutes in, it's truly painful to watch, but I can give you a summary.

Schaub did a rebuttal which was actually pretty funny (relative term). Helwani then lost his mind for 25 minutes and ranted about what awful people Schaub and Callen are and how he could expose all the skeletons in Callen's closet. Based on the level of anger from Helwani, and the comments ripping on Schaub, it's a 10-8 round for Brenda.