Ariel hired by ESPN & to host with Chael

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I don't see any scenario where ESPN won't allow warranted coverage of Bellator. They need to keep credibility in that regard.
on an MMA-centric show, Bellator should receive coverage fair to the market share/interest.

As stated the only thing I can see is ESPN telling Helwani not to be so anti_UFC & to start fresh.

the real test will be when things air in 2019, I am guessing the 7 month lead up to the content distribution will be trial & error.
Bellator should also somehow be aired when it actually happens. I live a 20 minute walk from where it actually happened in San Jose on Saturday but found out the results before it was on TV on Paramount.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Bellator should also somehow be aired when it actually happens. I live a 20 minute walk from where it actually happened in San Jose on Saturday but found out the results before it was on TV on Paramount.
Not sure what that has to do with ESPN

But Viacom does not want to do that. they don't want to disrupt their schedule for Bellator & feel airing it in prime-time is better for their business
That is part of being on a non-sports station

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Not sure what that has to do with ESPN

But Viacom does not want to do that. they don't want to disrupt their schedule for Bellator & feel airing it in prime-time is better for their business
That is part of being on a non-sports station
I meant Paramount, I should have specified.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
So.. what does that mean for The MMA Beat?

I honestly won't be able to watch the new show, unless Chael gets a major attitude overhaul, unlikely given the title of the show. I can't stand that guy.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
So.. what does that mean for The MMA Beat?

I honestly won't be able to watch the new show, unless Chael gets a major attitude overhaul, unlikely given the title of the show. I can't stand that guy.
I think the mma beat ended already? I thought I saw some kind of announcement for the last one. Maybe I'm mixing it up with a different podcast.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I have never understood Chael's attempt to make "The Bad Guy" or "The American Gangster" happen. He is neither. They aren't fitting or justified or cool. Annoying.

M

member 603

I'm not a Helwani fan, but I'm in for that Dana White interview on this show, hell I'm begging for it to happen.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have never understood Chael's attempt to make "The Bad Guy" or "The American Gangster" happen. He is neither. They aren't fitting or justified or cool. Annoying.
That's the beauty of it. It's Iike that huge friend everyone calls tiny.