Ariel on ESPN gig: "I think we (Dana & I) have a pretty solid working relationship"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Pretty interesting article about ESPN/UFC/Helwani at Ariel Helwani is thrilled to join ESPN, says "I never felt [Fox] had my back"

ESPN & Helwani say they see no issues with UFC (as far as Ariel) & Ariel said ...
“Even from the UFC, I heard from many people very high up in the company when this deal was announced saying how happy they were for me and how they were looking forward to working with me, even people I didn’t even talk to on a day-to-day basis. So it’s really all been incredibly positive.”

“As long as I can cover the sport, as long as I’m credentialed, as long as there’s no issues when I get to the arena and I have the same access as everyone else, that’s really all that I ask for. I am perfectly content. And as I’ve said before, I owe a lot to Dana White. You won’t hear me ever disparage his name or take any low blows or unnecessary shots towards him, because he’s done a lot for me, he gave me the time of day before a lot of other people gave me the time of day, and if I don’t ever speak to him again one-on-one, I’ll still have probably spoken to him more than anyone else, even if I continue covering this sport for 50 years. That’s how much time he gave me. So I’m content with where we’re at, we have a very good working relationship, I’m asking questions, he’s answering. As a journalist, that’s all you can really ask for.”

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
the crying jew towing the company line once again, he makes me sick

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Good for him, maybe he can scoop Dana and report on how many sheets of toilet paper Dana uses to wipe his ass. What a joke Ariel is.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I believe what Helwani is doing is called 'being professional'. Egg should try it sometime.
No, Ariel needs to stop sucking dick now that Dana allowed his bitch ass in again because he’s a crybaby pussy bitch

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
No, Ariel needs to stop sucking dick now that Dana allowed his bitch ass in again because he’s a crybaby pussy bitch
I get the sentiment. I'm a tradesman who loves the idea that disputes that can't be settled on site can be settled in the parking lot.
That's not how employees of billion dollar corporations are supposed to act though, and especially not publicly.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I get the sentiment. I'm a tradesman who loves the idea that disputes that can't be settled on site can be settled in the parking lot.
That's not how employees of billion dollar corporations are supposed to act though, and especially not publicly.
You're comparing the professional obligations of the president of a multi billion dollar company to that of a reporter who has landed a tv gig. Anyone could be professional in Ariel's position but time and again he's actually unprofessional, whereas if you really break it down, most of what Dana White has done has been good for the sport.

Last edited: