Arm in choke instructional

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

I noticed. Total dickhead move.

@Rhino you and I will never roll because of this. You missed your opportunity, bruv.
We'll never roll because you lack the testicular fortitude to walk into a academy and train..... However, you're not looking to train, you challenged me to a fight.... It's not a training session, it's not a prizefight, it's about honor.... You lack honor, you lack courage, you lack respect. If this was a training session, or a fight for cash, it can happen whenever...... You made it about honor, and now you run....... Pathetic

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I'd love to see that
Frat attack...

Its unreal how many times fighters get the back while standing and get stalled out or lose position.. this return mitigates knee bars and leg locks on the way down..it is so natural for a grappler that loves riding the cross wrists from the back..khabib is a master of this and through year's or wrestling that make the golden rule that Hand fighting to wrist control is paramount to anything.. you control a man's hips and wrists you are gonna be very very successful in the fight game... And once I hit the head in the hole tilt (from standing or on the mat) I split the legs with my left arm and use my right arm to reach in front and pull his left wrist across in essence making him handicapped in a bad position.. once I pull the wrist across I dive my head into the hole (almost try and head butt their crotch) and shoot my left arm through splitting his legs and in a corkscrew motion you pull that arm of theirs across their body as if you are trying to pull their arm off..grip strength is key attempting tilts and either their arm is coming off or they are getting rolled and I promise their arm isn't coming off so that only leaves 1 outcome.. you'll literally take them from their feet to their bk with the quickness.. and then that's where I honed in on its modified use for fighting instead of using it to get bk points aka near fall points like in wrestling..

You use it to trap one of their arms and end up in knee on belly position in almost a cradle position cuz you are using your arm to lace through their legs and then you can adjust your grip which isolates their left arm from their head and with your power hand that's unoccupied you are free to blast them away with hammer fists, casting punches or elbows.. the over all control you gain doing this series can have ppl dead to rights similar to khabib trapping Johnsons arms to be in a nearly impossible position to intelligently defend yourself..

THIS series nastier and a imho more compromising position than when you get a top side crucifix like jbj vs The janitor or Hughes forcing a stoppage over bj.. it's that type of game changer if you can secure it.. and honestly I'm not just saying it because I developed certain aspects of it, but its the number of times I've used the Johnny roll (Fairfax) in competition..in 2 seasons well over 150x in wrestling matches...The corny name the Johnny roll was given by legendary coach Rex Peckinpaugh who's win total is over 950+ which is first in indiana state history by over 400 and 2nd nationally while coaching my alma mater New Castle.. But what I found even Cooler was the fact it was adopted later on by other successful wrestling programs that our former NC assistants went on to develop at rival schools lol..But it was originally coined the Fairfax roll I learned from legendary Billy Martin from Virginia at Granby camp in 02..

It's common for elite coaches to use code names for techniques so the competitors aren't aware of what is coming.. that's why our coach would name specific moves after his former wrestlers who had perfected it.. and for instance if our coach wanted us to get out if bounds to negatenegatea takedown he would yell CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE.. which was code for gtfo of bounds fool but I can't exactly tell get out of bounds because that is considered stalling and can cost you points... it's a common practice with Marc layman that he developed his system of grappling also using random names or phrases designed to almost confuse opponents and disguise tactics and techniques....

I could pick y'all brains all day @Rhino and SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD about evolving grappling to the point that its seamless when its modified for MMA.. you 2 high level BJJ guys know there are so many distinct differences, advantages and disadvantages to gi and no gi.. and techniques that were modified to work in MMA... the evolution of grappling is so unbelievable that You can almost see patterns of different techniques that are utilized across the board.. and at the same time grapplers are getting so good that ppl seem to think bjj or certain submission arts are dying or becoming less effective due to far less finishes than even 10 years ago.. when in fact it's the other way around and ppl are becoming so diverse and technical that they offset each others skill sets.. and to me that is what it's all about.. becoming the most well rounded fighter you can be so all of your tools flow together and there isn't a choppy or robotic essence to fighters..

gsp is the father of this cuz he's so dangerous on the feet that you can't afford to make a technical error of dropping your guard or committing to setting down on your punches.. and then he presents the ability to disguise his entries on his takedowns so that it becomes a guessing game to where he's he's gonna attack you.. once those snatch singles or blast doubles start flowing all that it does is develop hesitancy in his opponents striking when they are on their feet.. that in turn plants that seed of doubt and gets fighters to commit to trying to stop the takedowns and before you know what happens you're getting used as target practice from range until Georges decides to open up on his feet and transition to a seamless takedown you never see coming.. and there's 1 thing you can't teach and that's athleticism and work ethic..gsp has both unlike nobody else before him.

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I managed to survive the demonstration thanks to years of being the main demo dummy for my main instructor, who frequently applies a choke about 99% of the way and then starts fielding questions from the rest of the class and acts surprised when I am panic tapping 5minutes later.
Having DE ja vouz about saying this. But I always picture u as ur a avatar. But you're actually a young pup with the world in his hands

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
We'll never roll because you lack the testicular fortitude to walk into a academy and train..... However, you're not looking to train, you challenged me to a fight.... It's not a training session, it's not a prizefight, it's about honor.... You lack honor, you lack courage, you lack respect. If this was a training session, or a fight for cash, it can happen whenever...... You made it about honor, and now you run....... Pathetic

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Didn't realize you could get the Arm triangle from guard, but in hindsight it makes sense
Jeremy Horn beat Chuck Liddell that way.
You have to really break the top man's posture to get it off they are legit.. that is a facet that has evolved big time..bk in the day a majority of fighters were content laying in guard with a head on the chest throwing body body head stalling out the round.. then your stud wrestlers like tito,coleman,Kerr and Hughes that showed how wrestling posture and positioning transitioned Dangerously well over to mma.. and that's when you seen Real power generated from guard due to the spacing created from the wrestlers in top that would in turn trap guys under them and reign brutal elbows and punches from guard and half guard..it was elite submission based guys like Horn and Frank Shamrock who learned little positioning tricks that they could employ when a wrestler got sloppy or tired on top.. Chuck is a Good pure wrestler but his mma wrestling he used in reverse is what made his so scary.. Best believe that fight with Horn opened his eyes to another world and in the end was a better learning tool than if he would have won that fight.. and it's what helped chuck improve from that first fight to their title fight years later.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD the last time hector came visited me last year I actually showed him this.. he loved it lol

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I find finishing the arm triangle from guard very low percentage with anyone who knows what they are doing, but it can be a good way to keep them from posting as you hook flip sweep them (and sometimes then finish them from on top), or the threaten briefly and then release and follow them up for hip bump/Kimura as they regain posture when you let go.

M

member 603

I finish arm triangles from guard when I break my opponent's posture by pulling them in with my legs (almost to the point of trying to get them to roll over my head).... They HAVE to base out which leaves them open.

However I will say, setting up the D'arce choke from butterfly, using an arm drag to adjust your angle to the side of your opponent works quite a bit well too

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
nice. now I can show this video to all the noobs who yells "anaconda! anaconda!!" when fighters are up against the cage

thanks for the video