Askren: Fans enjoy my personality because I’m genuine, unlike Covington

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Undefeated welterweight Ben Askren considers himself to be a big deal, especially among fight fans. And while some major MMA figures criticize his fighting style saying they’d “rather watch two flies f—k” than see him fight, for “Funky” Ben, it’s all about his personality.

“I don’t think the number of followers has anything to do with how good I am fighting,” Askren said on a recent episode of UFC Unfiltered. “That said, I am good at fighting and I do have a lot of followers. So I think it will help me get the bigger fights because I know the UFC pay attention to those metrics whether it warrants it or not.

“I’m more of a purist competitor and I enjoy…

Ben Askren: Fans enjoy my personality because I’m genuine, unlike Colby Covington

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
All of my friends say that I'm really entertaining at parties and definitely the funniest guy they know. But I like to think that what really defines me as a person is how all I really care about is helping others and making the world a better place.

M

member 3289

First part of the sentence is off, but the rest is accurate

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I like him. Looking forward to seeing how he fares against the best in the business. I have my doubts that he is championship material, but I do find myself hoping that he has success and entertains in the cage, because his personality will be a welcome addition. He's got a sense of humour, but he seems easy going at the same time, where Cody is just trying to make a buck out of being the most offensive cunt imaginable, and that schtick gets old fast.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He's right

Colby's gimmick is so bad and anyone with a brain can see right through it
my local area finally gets a high profile fighter and it had to be colby...oh well

Evan Dunham was more my style, was local but not as high profile