Askren predicts 2019 fight with Georges St-Pierre

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Retired undefeated welterweight fighter Ben Askren has been wanting to fight Georges St-Pierre for a while now. In fact, he says he foresees a fight between them will be finalized for late 2019 in Montreal, Canada.

Now, “Funky” is offering a prediction of how the fight will happen, where he unsurprisingly sees himself as the victor. However, he feels it would be an ugly night for the two-division UFC champion in the process.

“Here’s what I think happens, because the one thing I have over him is I have the wrestling advantage and I don’t get tired, and that’s usually what he’s relied on in the last, say, 10 to 12 fights or so,” Askren said on Monday’s…

Ben Askren predicts Georges St-Pierre fight: He will mentally break in the fifth round

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
This would be one of the biggest fights in history.....

If it would have happened 5 years ago. I'm not convinced it will happened, but if it does, GSP is long last his prime and Ben will likely ragdoll him.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
“Here’s what I think happens, because the one thing I have over him is I have the wrestling advantage and I don’t get tired, and that’s usually what he’s relied on in the last, say, 10 to 12 fights or so,” Askren said on Monday’s…
I watch this for sure but what Been is saying isn't new. Hughes, Koshcheck and Fitch supposedly had the wrestling advantage but that didn't go as planned. Also I don't know what he's questioning GSPs cardio, it's never been an issue and I'd these guys fight Georges should be the bigger man making Ben work much harder than he's ever had to.

Hope to see this go down.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I watch this for sure but what Been is saying isn't new. Hughes, Koshcheck and Fitch supposedly had the wrestling advantage but that didn't go as planned. Also I don't know what he's questioning GSPs cardio, it's never been an issue and I'd these guys fight Georges should be the bigger man making Ben work much harder than he's ever had to.

Hope to see this go down.
I wish it would have happened 5 years ago, now I'm not sure if I want to see it or not.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I wish it would have happened 5 years ago, now I'm not sure if I want to see it or not.
I do just because it is a fight that would shake things up as far as the "sameness" to recent events & Askren deserves the payday.
I just don't see DW doing it & paying him for a main event.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I do just because it is a fight that would shake things up as far as the "sameness" to recent events & Askren deserves the payday.
I just don't see DW doing it & paying him for a main event.
Ben feels sorry for what he said to Danus, he even sang a song about it.

Last edited:
M

member 603

WW champ GSP vs Askren, I'd actually pick Askren to win (GSP fell in love with his wrestling ability, and Ben is the superior wrestler). Nowadays, since GSP has been training with the DDS, he'd look for more submissions and I'd heavily favor him there to win.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
WW champ GSP vs Askren, I'd actually pick Askren to win (GSP fell in love with his wrestling ability, and Ben is the superior wrestler). Nowadays, since GSP has been training with the DDS, he'd look for more submissions and I'd heavily favor him there to win.
GSP has fought wrestlers who were supposed to stuff all his takedowns and always be on top of GSP. It never happened that way

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I love watching Askren fight and think he is a great fighter. I would love to see him compete against the UFC elite, but I don’t know why GSP would take this fight.
What is he a fucking gatekeeper?
Dana White submarine’s a guy’s career, claiming he’s not UFC caliber and then gives him an automatic shot at the GOAT?!?
Fuck that.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
another wrestler type is not the one to beat GSP.

IMO If you want to beat GSP, you gotta be more of a complete fighter than him cuz he's got most angles covered. GSP is the master at using his advantage over his opponents.

of course I'm assuming all this from GSP maintaining his prime form which I'm Not Sure that's the case today.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's a fight I wanted to see 5 years ago and it's a fight I'll want to see next year. It's just a fun fight and it does shake things up. The product is fucked up and stale.

I have never seen anything from his fights which indicates he could win.
Is Askren really that much better on the ground (in mma) than the people GSP has beat?
I love watching Askren fight and think he is a great fighter. I would love to see him compete against the UFC elite, but I don’t know why GSP would take this fight.
What is he a fucking gatekeeper?
Dana White submarine’s a guy’s career, claiming he’s not UFC caliber and then gives him an automatic shot at the GOAT?!?
Fuck that.
Well said.
On a side note, Askren on JRE was nothing but class and good vibes.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Doesn't hurt to think positive. But what justifies this fight? Some fights in China somewhere? His drawing power? His exciting fighting style? I only see hardcores getting excited about this fight. GSP fights for the big crowd now and he should, if he ever fights at all. The GOAT vs. a guy who fought in Vietnam somewhere.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
He doesn’t deserve a fight against GSP firstly. Secondly I imagine GSP will go down to lightweight.IF he’s able to fight again.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Never gonna happen but if it did GSP would jab the ever living fuck out of Askren's face. Ben wouldn't even be able to lay a hand on him.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Ben can't take down and control GSP so he will get his orbital crushed...