Aspiring fighters should have to watch the Smashing Machine

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

gentlemanscombatives

Aug 31, 2020
I don't think there is a better documentary about the realities of MMA than the smashing machine. Alot of films gloss over the negative aspects, framing everything as inspirational but the Smashing Machine shows how poor life choices can have you collapse from the top of the food chain, all the way down. Also seeing Mark Coleman win that grand prix is gives me good feelings.
Its available free on youtube, as is "Choke"

View: https://youtu.be/8XhtvuulQoo

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I don't think there is a better documentary about the realities of MMA than the smashing machine. Alot of films gloss over the negative aspects, framing everything as inspirational but the Smashing Machine shows how poor life choices can have you collapse from the top of the food chain, all the way down. Also seeing Mark Coleman win that grand prix is gives me good feelings.
Its available free on youtube, as is "Choke"

View: https://youtu.be/8XhtvuulQoo
I wanna fight his girl friend.

gentlemanscombatives

Aug 31, 2020
I wanna fight his girl friend.
Another lesson that fighters need to take to heart. Make sure you're not dating crazy, or someone who actively dislikes what you do.
Also I thoroughly agree with Coleman's position on having girlfriends backstage. The worst knockout i've seen on a regional show had one of the guys hanging out with his very sweet girlfriend backstage, then he got his brain turned off by a high kick. Don't bring your girlfriend to your fights, its bad enough when they get brought to grappling events and in order to keep them entertained, guys act like they're at adcc.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Great documentary for any who haven't seen it.

Possibly my favorite MMA one.