General At what point in your career

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
When i put an order at a local Japanese restaurant and went online on my Uber app and got the call to deliver my own order! I was all like “Dis the damn pinnacle of delivery driving right hurrr!!”

Jks. My futures fucked if I don’t get any further in tax

I got a late start in my current career. Did industrial electrical work then got into instrumentation as a fitter. Then became an Instrument Tech and eventually Instrumentation Quality Control.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I work for myself so that provides total freedom and zero security
True mate. Uber is similar. On busy days it’s great and on quiet days it’s shit like really shit. However doing this has reinforced to me that I want to work for myself in tax (my profession).

I don’t have expensive taste and budgeting is the thing I’m best at, so I’d rather earn an average wage and do shit on my terms than earn a great wage and be bound.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I got a late start in my current career. Did industrial electrical work then got into instrumentation as a fitter. Then became an Instrument Tech and eventually Instrumentation Quality Control.
Similar path. Worked as an electrician in all kinds of roles like QAQC, Lock out and some others. Left a couple years back to work in town doing finance but it wasn't for me. I wanted to try something completely different to mix things up and get me home every night. I'm now recently back in the trades two kms from home at a place I'm happy with.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Job that I have now is working from home, travel 6-7 days a month, great boss, respected by the company Prez, calling on clients I've had relationships with for 20 years. Would be tough for me to leave anytime in the near future. Only complaint I have is the medical insurance is horrible, but the company listened to my concerns and even made that right. Any bill that I get that would have been covered by the insurance at my previous employer, I pay with my company expense card. Nothing in writing, except an email I sent to cover my ass should someone at the Board level ever question it, so that concerns me...but last year I probably charged $3k in medical bills to my expenses and no one said a word, so I'm going to trust they'll uphold their commitment.
That sounds like a great balance. We know the age of each other's kids right? Perhaps once mine are where yours are now and relatively independent my focus will change again. Wife and I can't seem to go a few months without some big life change but I like that.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I’m never fully satisfied with my career. My pimp game has always been strong, but hoes these days are crazy. I find myself having to lay the hands on them more and more. I would feel a little better if i could get some more high quality, hard working, hoes. Daddy needs a new Caddy.

DEMENTED DAWGG

POOPS SO U CAN STEP IN IT BAREFEET
Dec 18, 2018
I ELECTRIC AT SCHOOL ... DO THING WORK NO PAY ..GOOD GRADE THO .... WORK AT PLACE 5 YR .... START OWN COMPANY .... 3 YRS AFTER I MAKE MONEY NO LOOSE NOW .... 6 YRS LATER I MAKE 125000.00 PROFICE ..... MAKE MONEY FOR YRS THEN .... DRIVE WORK CRASH ... NO MORE WORK .... NOW I SHOP ONLINE AND TYPE SLOWER SO U KNO I MEAN .... THE COMPANY CRASH ME STILL OPEN ... I JELOUS .... SOME DAY I HATE THEM BAD ... HE DRUNK AT 6AM ... ME LIFE SUK NOW ... I NO WORK BUT I RICHER

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
That's pretty baller.
Yes, but I was only ~ 27 years old at the time, I had no idea how to leverage my reputation/brand.
I took the position, it put me where my management chain was Manager-President-CEO of $50B company.
But in retrospect, my manager was intent on driving me out because he was threatened by me. He refused to make any accommodation for college, as in he wouldn't even let me bring my textbooks on site to read on my lunch. And then I found out he was taking credit for all of the work I was doing on a HUGE project.

I ended up quitting, and eventually a friend of mine uncovered that my now-former manager was a convicted sex offender, and he got fired.
But if I was in the same position now, I'd have the political acumen to move around that manager and be in a position to take over the company when President retired.

So yes, it was incredibly fucking baller. And I wasted most of it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I’m never fully satisfied with my career. My pimp game has always been strong, but hoes these days are crazy. I find myself having to lay the hands on them more and more. I would feel a little better if i could get some more high quality, hard working, hoes. Daddy needs a new Caddy.
Sounds like you need a Pimp-Mentor

to keep these hoes in line
and maximize your bottom line.

I myself have a Top Game, which may be purchased for reasonable installments.
WhatsApp me.