Athlete PED Usage and Jeff Novtizky Origin Story (in podcast form)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I figured some of you guys might find this interesting. It's the story of BALCO, and in turn the origins of the Golden Snitch. Scroll down to the "BALCO" episodes, start with the earliest and work your way forward.

American Scandal

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
only thing we know for sure...is that it's all bullshit

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I need to remember to listen to this podcast.

Content overload has bogged me down lately. Too many things to listen to these days between Sirius, podcasts, audio books, and spotify.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I need to remember to listen to this podcast.

Content overload has bogged me down lately. Too many things to listen to these days between Sirius, podcasts, audio books, and spotify.
The nice thing about American Scandal is the pacing of it is quick and the episodes are fairly short.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
The nice thing about American Scandal is the pacing of it is quick and the episodes are fairly short.
Right on, thanks man.

I just subscribed on my phone. I'm heading out on a decent length road trip this weekend, so I have some good windshield time coming up where I can catch up on some listening.

Which also reminds me, I've been wanting to get moving on another audio book. I think you were posting in the "books you're reading" thread....have you heard of Desert Solitaire? If I remember correctly, you are into non-fiction like I am. Anyway, this book is all about the Moab area, which is where I'm heading. Seems to be the appropriate time ;)

If you're interested:
DESERT SOLITAIRE: A Season in Wilderness by Edward Abbey | Kirkus Reviews

Making The Wild Scene

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Just subscribed. I followed the BALCO stuff a bit because I am a baseball fan. This sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
It was funny how quickly the rumors of Peyton's use were snuffed. Naive people don't realize that it is completely normal for atheletes with multi-million dollar contracts/endorsements to use PED's. If a shite sport like bicycling is rampant with PEDs, with little (relatively) money at stake, why wouldn't they be juicin? Duh.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I figured some of you guys might find this interesting. It's the story of BALCO, and in turn the origins of the Golden Snitch. Scroll down to the "BALCO" episodes, start with the earliest and work your way forward.

American Scandal
I’m finally working on listening to the AS Balco episodes. Interesting so far. Some of the reenactments are are meh, but overall I like it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I’m finally working on listening to the AS Balco episodes. Interesting so far. Some of the reenactments are are meh, but overall I like it.
I give them credit for attempted production value. Has to be tough to voice act when it's just one guy, but their stories are great and for some reason I love the caper music. Their series' on the Exon Valdez and Iran Contra are exceptional.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I give them credit for attempted production value. Has to be tough to voice act when it's just one guy, but their stories are great and for some reason I love the caper music. Their series' on the Exon Valdez and Iran Contra are exceptional.
As you mentioned earlier in the thread, I like the quick format. Made it through 3 episodes so far. The other seasons sound interesting too, will have to check those out.