General Athletes who aren't in the conversation for GOAT - but on their best day, they're better than the guys who are?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Most famous example is George Best. I have no clue if this is accurate or not.

Could argue a case for Mike Tyson among heavyweights too.

BJ Penn perhaps?

Controversial one - peak for peak, the best fast bowler in cricket history is Bond. Shane Bond.

??

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Sounds like that shitty Toby Keith song

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Steve Largent

Played in relative obscurity in Seattle, but was an outstanding receiver who would likely be considered one of the best if he had more talent on the team to support him.

T

The Big Guy

Cole Konrad is an undefeated heavyweight champion. Alot of people say hes the all time HW goat and it's well known all the best heavyweights ducked him for his whole career
1624059316325.png

1624059451237.png
Hes also a Wisconsin hall of fame wrassler
Behold his good looks
1624059531813.png

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Steve Largent

Played in relative obscurity in Seattle, but was an outstanding receiver who would likely be considered one of the best if he had more talent on the team to support him.
Isnt Largent a HOFer? I woyld say that puts him in elite class

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Robbie lawler. When he was on, nobody was touching him. Not in the goat conversation. Could perhaps beat any welterweight of any time period if he’s dialed in mentally and physically.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I read the title to mean a guy like Trent Dilfer winning the superbowl
The thread means - for example, Tom Brady is the QB great.

But for ONE game, for all the marbles - with your life on the line, we'll say - and you had to choose your guy to play and get the W to save your life, and it was guaranteed that he would play that one game as well as he was able to at his absolute peak - well, Tom Brady is the QB GOAT. But in that circumstance - do you choose Michael Vick to start that game?

Put more simply - Tom Brady is the QB GOAT. But on his career-best day, is Michael Vick more dangerous?

I guess I'm asking - usually, the debate is over who was /is the greatest. This time - who was /is the most talented? Who had the highest peak, even if they couldn't maintain an elite level for anywhere near as long as the GOAT did?

??