Attempted murder charge filed against Rachel Ostovich's husband

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

The husband of UFC fighter Rachel Ostovich was arrested Tuesday on a charge of attempted murder, a Honolulu Police Department spokesperson confirmed with MMA Fighting. TMZ was first to report the news.

Arnold Berdon, also an MMA fighter, is currently in custody and has not yet been arraigned. The case is still under investigation and the charge could be changed, the spokesperson said.

Berdon, 27, allegedly attacked Ostovich during an argument early Sunday morning at their home in the Waianae area of Honolulu County, police confirmed earlier this week. Ostovich, 27, was hospitalized for a broken orbital bone, among other injuries. She was treated and later released Sunday.

On Tuesday, Ostovich filed for and was granted a temporary restraining order against Berdon. The order expires May 19, 2019. The couple has a daughter together.

Rachael Ostovich’s husband Arnold Berdon arrested on attempted murder charge

Maybe War Machine needs a cellmate?

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Horrible. And he's trying to say that he was attacked first and defending himself. Dude, I know she's in the UFC but you're also a pro MMA fighter so it's still man vs woman. No excuse for punching her up and breaking her orbital bone. What a scumbag.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
What the fuck is this shit?!?

Her own brother? If that was my sister I'd tie the man to a chair and set it on fire,
What the fuck?!?

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
lol he did real bad stuff but only for a short while so don't worry about it. beautiful things will come of this #magic #wishful-thinking

what a twat

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015

Her own brother? If that was my sister I'd tie the man to a chair and set it on fire,
What the fuck?!?
This is bizarre. I wonder if there really is more to this story? I really, really can't see any reason why the guy would need to break his wife's orbital bone. You're intending to kill her if you hit her that hard, so I guess the attempted murder charge makes sense.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
This is bizarre. I wonder if there really is more to this story? I really, really can't see any reason why the guy would need to break his wife's orbital bone. You're intending to kill her if you hit her that hard, so I guess the attempted murder charge makes sense.
My guess it was from repeated blows, and they kept alluding to "other injuries" which they were very vague about on purpose

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
He can get out on bail they're saying. Also he can be convicted for life but eligible for parole.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I was thinking brother-in-law .
Husband is Berdon, so I think it's her brother. But it reads like he thinks that she needs to save the marriage or Jesus will be sad. Her brother's god sounds like an asshole, and so does he.

The attempted murder charge is just so they can maximize the bail and the plea deal leverage for the prosecution. They'll either change the charge before trial, or give a jury the option to convict of a lesser charge. No idea how that works in HI.

Oct 24, 2015
Don't pro fighters get more of a charge on assaults for the fact that they are professional fighters? Deadly weapons and all?
Sad situation to say the least.

Dim

Aug 3, 2017

What the fuck?!?
if god actually existed he would have smited arnold with a thunderbolt and knocked him into the sea

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If a chick swung a knife at me I'd hit her as hard as I could before she could swing it again. But I have no idea what happened here.

Kinda just letting all the hoes on here know if they try and stab me I'm definitely gonna a knock them out